Questions & Advice Please! :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2012, 06:04 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok- So here we go:

A little background. We've been off birth control since November 2011- not trying, not preventing it at first. Around June it really hit me that I WANTED a baby and so I think I'm more in the *Trying* mindset, and the BF is more like, if it happens it happens.

It took me until about February to get my cycles to calm down and normal out. I'm now on my regular 28 day cycle and I am starting to get used to my AF symptoms & what happens around that time since I"ve been paying such close attention.

With that said- I'm having some strange and uncomfortable things happen around the time of AF. In January I had a UTI. Thats the first one I've ever had. I had gone into the doctor because I was a week late and was getting negatives on my HPT so we took a blood test. While I was sitting there waiting, I started to bleed. We believe what happened was that I miscarried or it just didn't stick- because the pregnancy hormone was detected in their blood test but it wasn't at a healthy level. That was devestating. And to be diagnosed with a UTI on top of it.

Well every once in a while, say every other month when I get AF, I get that very intense pain down there like I have a UTI again. But, it goes away as soon as AF is over. Now I've gotten that pain the last two months in a row. It hurts like HELL! I know, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

I have a Dr appt this month so I plan on asking about it and see what is going on.

Also- the last two months my period has been coming on strange. I get sore breasts about a week bfeore hand, that lasts for a day or two tops. Then it goes away. Then when AF is due, I get the tiniest amount of spotting. Its very dull brownish color and lasts about 3 days.Barely enough to even need a panty liner. Usually I get that towards the end of my period when its tapering off. ??? Then, on about day 3 or 4... full blown AF bright red. That lasts a day or so accompanied by horrendous back pain.

So that has been the case with this period that I am just getting done with and the one last cycle.

I am going to try the OPK's this month and see what happens. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before??

Help
November 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi sweetie,

I'm Nicholle . DH and I have been ttcing since August 2011, and are on cycle #16. I'm glad that you are seeing your MD about your pain. If you are only spotting, you may not be regularly ovulating. Besides pain, are you feeling any other symptoms? I think that using OPKs is a good start. You should also start daily temping and charting. It really has helped me pinpoint O. I ovulate really late and have a LP defect. Temping made me aware of this. Good luck at the appt and keep us posted!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot