Hi! :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree25Likes
  • 4 Post By waiting2bemommy
  • 1 Post By butterfly721
  • 2 Post By Jen@FirsAve
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam
  • 2 Post By waiting2bemommy
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam
  • 2 Post By Jen@FirsAve
  • 1 Post By waiting2bemommy
  • 1 Post By Jen@FirsAve
  • 1 Post By GollyMolly
  • 2 Post By ChiChica
  • 1 Post By ErinBoshnyak1985
  • 1 Post By left_field
  • 2 Post By ErinBoshnyak1985
  • 2 Post By waiting2bemommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 10:51 AM
waiting2bemommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi!

I always post over in trying to conceive, but since I am TTC#1 I thought I would come visit over here as well.

Me and my BF who have been together for almost 5 years ( ) are TTC our first!!!! Just started our 3rd cycle actually trying. Hoping this is going to be our month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to get to know you ladies as I feel like you are probably going through and feeling some of the same things as me, where as I know TTC is TTC, but I just don't feel like when you are TTC #3, 4, or 8 it is quite the same as those of us who are still waiting on #1 or in my case have never been pregnant at all.

Rainbows and butterflies!

I'm rooting for a PRINCESS, he's rooting for a PRINCE. We'll take either one!!

February 5th, 2013, 10:54 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome! It's really nice to meet you. This is a really friendly, supportive board. I know that you will love it here.

I look forward to getting to know you!
waiting2bemommy likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi

I'm Jen (26) one of the co-hosts of the board, me and DF (getting married in november ) have been TTC#1 since July 2011 and I've just started cycle #20, i've never been pregnant and had surgery in september to open a blocked tube.

I completely understand your feeling at home here, if i'm having a bad day its really hard for me to be on other boards where people already have children and have loads of beautiful baby pics in their siggies. (you'll notice here that even grads who post from time to time, hide their siggies)

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you better but I hope your stay here is short and sweet! Sending that cycle #3 will be the ONE for you!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey there and

My name is Elle (27) - married for a little over a year now and we have been TTC our first since Aug 2012. Just wanted to drop in and say hey and welcome to the group!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Nerd
Hey! I'm Sam. I've been married since Oct. I came off of the bcp in Dec for the first time after 10 years of taking it. I am glad you are joining us. There's a little less come and go in here than the TTC board.

I am hoping this cycle is your cycle!

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
February 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys!!!!! It is nice to meet all of you!!!! I love the ladies over in TTC but it is nice to be somewhere where everyone is in a little closer to the same boat as you!!!

and yes, Jen, it is frustrating to see all the baby pics and pics of kids some days. I know it is still hard for them, but it makes me feel sad still. Like I'm the only one that doesn't already have a babbeh. Which I know is silly.

February 5th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Nerd
Not silly. You feel what you feel. I confess I had the urge to delete someone on Facebook last night after I read "I love seeing all these babies in my newsfeed!" Uhhhh...
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
February 5th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Yea, the babies won't stay off of facebook either. *sigh* Hope you get your BFP soon Sam!!!!!

February 5th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not silly at all, i for one know exactly what you mean, there was a thread on here the other day where someone said since starting TTC they now see babies everywhere! I really get it!

Jealousy of those who ttc and get pg straight away or for those who get pg by accident, is really hard for me personally but the ladies here help keep me sane and get through the bad days (usually around the crummy CD1 )

Oh and the 'hide post' function on fb works a treat!

February 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
yea, i usually just hide people who are driving me insane on facebook, I feel mean if I actually delete people.

another that is really hard for me that I feel really mean about but is SOO frustrating is when people post their BFPs over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER again. I'm like OOOOK I SEE THAT YOU'RE PREGNANT PLEASE STOPPPP!!!!!!!!! I know that it is a really exciting thing, and when I finally get mine I probably want to tell anyone and everyone that will listen 10 times, but it just sucks some days and some people it just feels like they are smearing it in my face.
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep i agree with that too, again you wont see that on here, the ladies here are VERY sensitive to the fact that some have been trying for a very long time and that its hard. you may find some ladies keep on their TTC journal (if they have one) after getting a BFP and will post there but not on the main board, just until they feel confident enough to move over to grads or a DDC

February 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Super Mommy
Hey I've seen you on TTC, I dabble in that board too, but we're trying for our first as well and I completely understand what you mean about seeing the multiple BFP posts and the siggies with baby pics etc. I like it over here. I hope we both get to move on to DDCs soon.

February 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! My name is Caitlin. We have been trying for three years tomorrow and unfortunately have had two losses. We are currently on a ttc break to treat my endo. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 5th, 2013, 05:25 PM
ChiChica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Lindsay. I'm relatively new on this board, but DH and I have been TTC since June 2012. I know exactly what you mean about other boards. When someone says that they are frustrated with their TTC for number six, I have a hard time sympathizing. I just want some indication that I can have a baby. Welcome, and I look forward to getting to know you.
February 5th, 2013, 06:31 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting2bemommy View Post
yea, i usually just hide people who are driving me insane on facebook, I feel mean if I actually delete people.

another that is really hard for me that I feel really mean about but is SOO frustrating is when people post their BFPs over and over and over and OVER and OVER and OVER again. I'm like OOOOK I SEE THAT YOU'RE PREGNANT PLEASE STOPPPP!!!!!!!!! I know that it is a really exciting thing, and when I finally get mine I probably want to tell anyone and everyone that will listen 10 times, but it just sucks some days and some people it just feels like they are smearing it in my face.
Uggg THANK YOU for saying this uggg...a former high school classmate of mine has had two kids already And she posted this vid of her 3 yo boy singing " mama has a baby in her belly" it was cute but it made me want to cry....I couldn't believe she gets to have THREE already and I can't have even ONE yet.

Anywhoooo----greetings to our newbie!!! I'm Erin (duh from the screen name) I'm 27 and have been married for 2.5 yrs and we have been NTNP for roughly half a yr and we have been trying in earnest for two mos. Dont be afraid to ask ANYthing here---it seems to me its all been heard of by at least one girl here before---everyone is SUPER nice here!! Rant and cry as much as you want!

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

February 5th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Super Mommy to be
Welcome! I'm Linny and DH and I have been TTC for 2 months. Now starting our third. Four months ago I came of of bcp after being on them for 15 years! I am frustrated after two months and feel guilty complaining when I realize some ladies have been trying so much longer than that.

This is a good board for support as you'll find. I'm glad I can post here since I don't have anyone to talk to in person about things except DH.

Good luck to you!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Last edited by left_field; February 6th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
February 5th, 2013, 10:02 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by left_field View Post
Welcome! I'm Linny and DH and I have been TTC for 2 months. Now starting our third. Four months ago I came of of bcp after being on them for 15 years! I am frustrated after two months and feel guilty complaining when I realize some ladies have been trying so much longer than that.

This is a good board for support as you'll find. I'm glad I can post here since I don't have anyone in the here to talk to in person about things except DH.

Good luck to you!
Linny I so feel that way too---I can't hold a candle to some of the ladies on this board, but someone did say earlier that all feelings are valid and it's ok to feel them.
Jen@FirsAve and left_field like this.

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

February 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Thanks for making me feel welcome everyone!!!! Been at work all day, stopping in before bed.

Thanks Jen for being so nice, you seem to do a really good job with this board.

I remember you Molly! :wave: Fingers crossed for lil turkeys!! Maybe we will get to go to a new board together.

I also remember seeing you before Caitlin, not sure if from TTC or from the times I have lukered over here. Thanks for the welcome. I hope you get your baby soon and that it is everything you hoped for. I am sure it will be worth the wait.

Hey Lindsey!! Yea, I worry all the time that I can't even get pregnant. Even though their is really no reason for me to be thinking that. I hope you get your BFP soon!!!!!

Hey Erin!!!! I completely understand what you mean about other people having MORE kids when you don't even have one!! I actually know two people who are literally about to give birth in the next week who already have children, one who accidentally got pregnant again, and one who intentionally got pregnant in all the wrong circumstances. It seems so unfair that I can't have just one and they are popping out more that they didn't want and can't afford. Sending you some sticky baby dusties.

Hey Linny!!! I know what you mean about feeling bad about complaining, I felt this way a lot especially when it was our first ]month of actually trying not just NTNP. I feel like I have been waiting SO LONG though. I always try to remind people that month one isn't any easier because all the other months or years are hard. It is hard either way.

February 6th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi there,

I'm Nicholle the other cohost of the board. I hope you have a short and sweet stay here. Please feel free to ask questions or rant as needed. Also, please sign in on the February roll call thread. I look forward to getting to know you.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

February 6th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Hey Nicholle!

Yea was going to do that last night but then decided I didn't have the brain power to do it. Will def do it though.
Nicholle ttc and Jen@FirsAve like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search