Update (loss mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By plan4fate
  • 2 Post By KellJoO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls-

I just wanted to update everyone and let you all know what happened to us last week.

Wednesday I was at home on my lunch break and I walked out to my truck to grab a couple things, and I remember VIVIDLY thinking to myself, -its amazing that I haven't had any spotting or complications, or ANYTHING to make me worry during this pregnancy- and then I walked in the house to use the bathroom.

Where I noticed spotting starting. It was pink, and very light, so I didn't panic. I felt fine the rest of the day- just very tired. The spotting all together stopped after work so I just assumed it was over with and probably due to the fact that we DTD the night before.

Fast forward to Thursday morning about 3 AM. I wake up to EXTREME cramping- it took my breath away and I rushed down to the bathroom to find more spotting. I couldn't even stand up they were so bad- I was doubled over in pain.

I put a call into my doctor right away and we made an emergency ultra sound appointment for that afternoon. She said based on my light spotting- it didn't seem like it was an emergency, but the cramping is what made her nervous. As the day went on- the cramping subsided and I started to get a backache- the backache that I get every time AF is on her way.

My ultra sound revealed that there was no fetal pole or sac to be found. And at 6 weeks, we should have found it easily. My doctor said that we could run bloodwork to check my levels if I thought there was a chance my dates were off- but I nkow they weren't. I got my positive OPK when I should have in my cycle, and I got my positive HPT 5 days before I was even due for my period. My dates had to be on.

So we left the hospital with the news that we had miscarried. One of my worst fears. Bob was amazing through it all, held my hand and told me no matter what everything will be ok. While its heartbreaking- we both have come to peace with it and maybe this is best. Maybe there was something horribly wrong, and its mother natures way of taking care of it. Its just something we have to accept.

Its been hard especailly since we already announced it- so we had to break the bad news to everyone, but the support has been amazing. We have some great friends & family.

The good news is that through all of this- my DF and I grew even closer and we set a date to gte married. September 21, 2013. So I have my hands full with planning right now, and loving every minute. We always dreamed of a fall wedding, so this is going to be great.

With that said- we are taking a break from the baby making. We will try again after our wedding. I am ok with it- I have an amazing fiance and his support and love are what makes this all worth it.

GOOD LUCK to each of you. I hope you all get your BFP's soon.......and I'll be back.
Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 12th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss! There is a ttc after loss board, which a lot of ladies have found useful. Just know that we are here for you!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

February 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss. Like Nicholle mentioned - the TTCAL board is full of great ladies who are so helpful and supportive.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding - you sound like you are being so strong and keeping as positive as you can during a truly difficult time. We are here for you too if you ever need.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk. Again, I am so sorry.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

February 12th, 2013, 07:56 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm so sorry for your loss, Kelly. I wish I could give you a big hug.

I'm glad that you have been able to distract yourself with wedding planning. It's good to stay busy, and planning a wedding is very exciting.

I'm also glad that you have such a supportive DF as well as your friends and family. We are here for you, too.
February 12th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelly I am so sorry for your loss and I am so sorry that you are having to go through this!!! I am so glad though that your DF was so amazing through all of it! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am sure it will be beautiful!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
February 12th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
KellJoO, I am so sorry. I know that you and I started on this board pretty close so your loss definitely hit home girl. I wish that I were there to give you a great big hug! I know that everything happens for a reason and that it will eventually be alright. Now you get to plan a gorgeous wedding.

Congrats on your wedding! I hope that you do stay in touch though! Keep communicating through everything with your DF and you will be wonderful! Prayers and love going out to you honey!
February 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kelley I am so so sorry to see this Its good to hear that through it all you and DH have been there for eachother.

I also get you taking a TTC break whilst wedding planning, i know its under different circumstances but me and DF are NTNP for a few months because of us getting married in November. Good Luck with the planning, I hope you'll share the story of (what will no doubt be) your wonderful day

Again, i'm so sorry for your loss

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

February 12th, 2013, 12:44 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'm so sorry Kelly. I want to give you a huge hug! (and my arms dont need to be too long to do it.. since you can't be that far away, Wi isn't that big )

Sept 21'st sounds like a great day to get married!! My anniversary is the next day
~Momma*2011~ likes this.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
February 12th, 2013, 07:21 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm very sorry for your loss hun I'm glad DF is such a c

(Sry posted b4 finished)

I'm glad your DF is such a comfort to you keep us posted on your upcoming wedding!!

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

February 13th, 2013, 07:54 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies.

I will for sure pop in every once in a while to see how everyone is doing. Your words mean a lot- its great to have such a support system, from people I've never even met. Amazing.

Take care to all of you!
ErinBoshnyak1985 and AshleyO like this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search