Off the pill... here we go!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
kmwilliams's Avatar Veteran
Hey Ladies,

This is the first time for me to post on the board of us TRYING TC... we had a little whoopsie a few months ago and thought we might have a little one coming along, but it was a false alarm and now we are ready to go! I finished my last BC pack last week after being on the pill off and on for about 10 years. I know it is probably going to take us a while to conceive, but right now im worried about my periods. I started BC originally because of heavy, painful periods and im scared now going off of it, my next period is going to be horrible. Any similar situations? I want to be prepared or have a piece of mind about it- I know that sounds silly!
March 7th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome, km! I went off BCP in November, and DH and I are finally putting serious effort into TTC.

Going off the pill was so scary for me -- I felt like I'd been on it so long that I worried I wouldn't know what to do when I started! I know that sounds completely ridiculous, but I was used to having perfectly regulated cycles and knew exactly which day of the week... almost down to the hour... that I would start.

And you know what??? I made it! I remembered how to tell that AF was about to come and when to start carrying my "bag of supplies" around with me. Yeah, the cramping was awful. The mood swings this month are insane. But I trust that my body will figure things out.

I've heard it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year for your body to regulate. So try to be patient.

Here is the best advice I've received this week: 1)Start on prenatal vitamins, 2)start charting, 3)do what feels right and is easy for you and DH, and 4) don't stress about doing it wrong.

Good luck! Hope AF comes soon and is nice to you while she's here!!
March 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM
waiting2bemommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome!

I don't have experience with this but I am sure that you will make it through this and I wish lots of luck and tons of sticky baby dust for you.

Rainbows and butterflies!

I'm rooting for a PRINCESS, he's rooting for a PRINCE. We'll take either one!!

March 8th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi there,

I'm Nicholle (33) one of the co-hosts of the board. I was on bcp for 10 years and I too was worried about my heavy AFs. When I stopped BCP, it really wasn't that bad. My first few AFs were a little rough, but I got used to it. If you are worried about pain, have your ob/gyn prescribe something for you. It worked for me.

You've joined a wonderful board. The ladies here are so very friendly and helpful. Please feel free to rant or ask questions as needed.

Hopefully, you'll get that beautiful BFP right away! Good luck and keep us posted!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 8th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Nerd
Hi! I am Sam (24). My husband and I have been trying since December when I stopped the bcp after 10 years of use. I was having around 6 periods a year and was afraid to experience what my periods would be like again. The periods themselves are not that bad actually! Everyonce in a while I have a cramp that makes me pause. Something that has changed my life is the diva cup. I ditched tampons and am soooo glad.

My cycles have taken a long time to even out and I'm afraid they still have not gone back to normal yet.

Feel free to ask any questions you have! And welcome

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there and welcome!!! I was on BCP for about 10 years as well and I had the same concerns. Like some of the other ladies said it can take a while for your body to regulate which can be a pain and confusing at first. When AF finally showed for me it really wasn't so bad. It took around 3 or 4 months for AF to come back for me once I quit BCP and another couple months to even out. The cramps are worse for me which isn't my favorite thing but it really isn't so bad.

Best of luck to you!!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you! This board is a wonderful place for information and support.
March 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
kmwilliams's Avatar Veteran
Thank you so much, ladies! Just bought my prenatals today and ready to get this process started. Glad I have y'all along the way!
March 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for prenatals! Just FYI: I've been on mine for a week, the first few days were rough... I constantly felt nauseated. I found taking them at night works the best for me. Hope your transition onto them is smooth!
March 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Super Mommy
No advice for you, but welcome!
March 10th, 2013, 06:20 AM
MrsJones's Avatar Veteran
Hey there! I'm Amanda and we are in the exact same boat right now. I just came off my bc last week and it's been a lil crazy on my hormones but I think I'm getting along a little better now. Everyone has been really great and full of knowledge here.

Tags
birth control pill , first baby , period

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search