Temp Dip

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BabyBirdies

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 03:26 AM
kmwilliams's Avatar Veteran
Hey ladies! I'm curious ab this temp dip before ovulation. I've been charting but I'm too lazy to figure out how to do my chart here right now lol... I'll just tell you that I'm CD 12 after going off BC on the 2nd. I had a line start to show on my OPKs since CD 9 but those things confuse the heck out of me ( i know the line has to be as dark as control- these have all been lighter but they have at least started showing ) Not any crazi signs of EWCM but my boobs have hurt more than they have in a while. This morning I dipped from my normal range of 97.2-97.6 for the week down to 96.8 this morning. Is that my "dip"? I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to dip before my O (if I even O this cycle)

Thanks for y'all's advice as I go through all this newness!
March 16th, 2013, 07:17 AM
MrsJones's Avatar Veteran
I just started temping as well so I don't really have an answer. Just wanted to say good luck and hopefully someone here can enlighten you on this.
March 16th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Thank you! You as well. No advice out there I guess lol
March 16th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Nerd
Sorry this board slows to almost a stop on weekends.

I don't temp so I don't have an answer for your question. I think that temping is more about the over all patterns and not necessarily about each individual score.

Good luck! I hope this is a good cycle for you

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
There's this idea that there is a definite dip before you O. This is definitely true for some people, but that is not me! I had one this month, but you can really only tell after the fact - like, it was a dip, but it wasn't lower than a lot of the other temps.

OPKs will help, as will watching your CM, but as long as you're BDing (baby dancing) at least every other day until your temp confirms O (three days of high temps) you're doing great. Good luck!
AshleyO likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

March 17th, 2013, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You may not have a temp dip before O, and even if you do there is no 'normal' amount to dip. Charting is much more meaningful after you have a couple of months completed - as its more about patterns that individual temps (as frustrating as that can be).

Sounds like your doing pretty well with the OPK's, like you said the test line needs to be darker than the control. If your unsure, feel free to post pics for us to look at.

In the meantime, i'd keep BDing

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 17th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks!!! Temp is back to 97.2 today... Nothing higher. We will TRY to go through the agony of just BDing

Happy St Patricks Day!
March 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know... BDing is just SUCH a pain, huh?

I'm in the same spot as you, kmwilliams! Sending thoughts of positive OPK's today!
March 17th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know... BDing is just SUCH a pain, huh?

I'm in the same spot as you, kmwilliams! Sending thoughts of positive OPK's today!
March 17th, 2013, 07:35 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto Jen and Jess I do usually have temp dip before O but it isnt anything huge (maybe 0.2 degrees). Seems like maybe you are gearing up to O now possibly? Are the OPKs any darker today?

Sending O vibes your way

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 18th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Like Jen and Elle, I sometimes get a temp temp of .2 or so degrees right before I ovulate or even several days before I ovulate. It's usually the lowest temp that I have in the cycle. But, like the other ladies have said, not everybody gets a temp dip, so no worries.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How have the OPK's been for you??? Any sign of O?
March 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hey girls!

Thanks for wanting to keep up- im SO frustrated. Ill preface with saying im an extremely Type A personality and this unscheduled, unknowing feeling drives me absolutely crazy. Ive just been enjoying the BDing all I can. Haha
My temp has been ridiculous. Im all over the charts (literally)
OPKs have gone to pretty much blank. I have a very light line, but the heaviest EWCM ive had since going off the pill. Mild cramping and lots of pinching on the left side. Im currently on CD 16.

So who knows... im scared to ask questions right now becuase I feel the minute I ask about one symptom, its going to go away and im going to have a compeltely different situation lol. Ill keep yall updated if anything drastic happens or I have similar symptoms for more than one day. (That would be awesome)
March 20th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Hey girls!

Thanks for wanting to keep up- im SO frustrated. Ill preface with saying im an extremely Type A personality and this unscheduled, unknowing feeling drives me absolutely crazy. Ive just been enjoying the BDing all I can. Haha
My temp has been ridiculous. Im all over the charts (literally)
OPKs have gone to pretty much blank. I have a very light line, but the heaviest EWCM ive had since going off the pill. Mild cramping and lots of pinching on the left side. Im currently on CD 16.

So who knows... im scared to ask questions right now becuase I feel the minute I ask about one symptom, its going to go away and im going to have a compeltely different situation lol. Ill keep yall updated if anything drastic happens or I have similar symptoms for more than one day. (That would be awesome)
March 20th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel ya... it's so confusing! Our cycles are so close, I was hoping that your O was being more clear than mine!!!

KUP and good luck!
March 20th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I feel ya... it's so confusing! Our cycles are so close, I was hoping that your O was being more clear than mine!!!

KUP and good luck!
March 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All I can recommend is that you enjoy BDing! LAst month I had to of Oed right after AF because a couple of weeks later I had a CP. So really just pay attention to your body and OPKs can be a huge help. I didn't notice a temp dip at all for Oing which is why I didn't think anything of it.

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search