Worried and Need Reassurance

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
It has been awhile (probably over a year) since I have even signed on here. My husband and I have been TTC (unofficially) for over 2 years. I spent over the last year trying and waiting to be referred to an RE. I finally got referred to an RE in November and have had several tests run (husband is fine and the only thing they have found so far is that I "might" have one blocked tube but they couldn't figure out for sure and how much) and have been on Femara for two cycles.

What I am worried about is this:
1. AF runs like clockwork. But this month apparently it is different. No early spotting like normal but cramps so on day 27 I ended up taking two ibuprofen about 11 hours apart because I had to be out of the house running errands and the cramps started to hurt and intensify and so naturally I assumed that it was "the monthly gift" about to show up like normal. (It isn't unusual for me to cramp several days before and it hurt).
2. I naturally assumed AF would show up today because I still have some cramping (enough that I was scared and switched to one acetomenphin at night and I still had some cramping during the night that woke up). So today no AF and I took a cheap internet purchased pregnancy test and it I got a faint positive. I am waiting to take another one because I just don't trust things because I still have some light cramps that go away fairly quickly and my back hurts.

I hope this makes sense.

Am I worrying over nothing on all accounts? I am so freaked out now in general - if I am pregnant did I do something by taking pain medication over a period of time? I guess I am worried because in two years I have only been LATE ONCE (and it was only a day) and I certainly have never had a faint positive......

Thanks for any help!
March 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Super Mommy
Hey! Try not to stress too much, and congrats on the BFP. It's natural to be worried, but there's nothing you can do now about taking the Ibuprofen but it's not likely to have caused significant issues from a couple of doses early on, I am not a doctor, but it seriously doesn't sound like something that will be an issue. Especially not if you stop taking it now. You gotta call your doctor now anyway, right? And discuss prenatal care, so you can definitely ask a someone from the doctor's soon.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
March 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome back! I hope that you are able to get the answers you need. I look forward to getting to know you.
March 24th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everything gets sorted out alright! Wish I had more advice/reassurances for you... but I'm new to the whole TTC thing...

Sending positive thoughts your way...
March 24th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy to be
Hope this really is your BFP... good luck and keep us posted
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 24th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
Are you the same Elle that used to have a journal? I pop in from time to time to see how you and a few others are. IT's bee a while since I popped in here and I looked and I am listed as a grad and I really am not. Not sure how that happened. I'm coming off a m/c cycle and the same thing happened to me. Strong cramps and then a faint positive. The positives got darker, my beta was decent the first time but I have so many other issues than a blocked tube. Despite going on progesterone-- I ended up with another loss Anyways I wish the absolute best for you and am really praying for a sticky bean for you.
March 24th, 2013, 09:48 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would go out and buy an FRER to back up the Internet cheapie just to be sure. About the pain meds , I would try not to worry too much like a pp said there is nothing you can do now anyway and it doesn't sound like you took all that much. Fx for you!! I hope this is your BFP!!! Keep us posted

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

March 25th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think getting hold of a FRER is a good idea and maybe put a call into your doctors to get your betas done if your concerns. FXd that the meds didnt make any difference

KUP!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 25th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Oh I hope that it is a true positive. to Jen, definitely get a beta test done. GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Nerd
Any update yet? Did you call your doctor?

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Update: I managed to get into the doctor this afternoon and met with my nurse. Based upon my temp. chart (and the taped versions of all of ovulation kits and pregnancy wrapped in a plastic paper cover - I was kinda confused with these versions of opk/pregnancy tests so I was insanely obsessive compulsive - sorry if that was TMI but my Nurse was cracking up at me) she thought I was pregnant and without me even talking to him the doctor apparently agreed. The nurse told me to stop worrying about the medicine I took just not to take anymore (and ironically I got my hair highlighted on Thursday - she told me not worry about that either). They sent me to get a blood test and after nearly three hours they finally called back.

The results? Yes the positive is real - we are pregnant approximately 4 weeks and 3 days. I believe my hCG numbers were 476 (maybe 496? I was too in shock to really process) and my progesterone is 20.
So since I am marginal with my level of progesterone I get to start suppositories tonight (and apparently I have up to 5 more refills - this could go on for awhile I guess).

I go back to my RE next week for a blood test and then if everything is ok I will go back at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks before being discharged to an OBGYN.

Thank you all for all of your kind words and help! I really appreciate it! My husband and I are opting not to say anything with friends and family yet since we have been trying for awhile and it is great to get to share my story with others!
March 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Update: I managed to get into the doctor this afternoon and met with my nurse. Based upon my temp. chart (and the taped versions of all of ovulation kits and pregnancy wrapped in a plastic paper cover - I was kinda confused with these versions of opk/pregnancy tests so I was insanely obsessive compulsive - sorry if that was TMI but my Nurse was cracking up at me) she thought I was pregnant and without me even talking to him the doctor apparently agreed. The nurse told me to stop worrying about the medicine I took just not to take anymore (and ironically I got my hair highlighted on Thursday - she told me not worry about that either). They sent me to get a blood test and after nearly three hours they finally called back.

The results? Yes the positive is real - we are pregnant approximately 4 weeks and 3 days. I believe my hCG numbers were 476 (maybe 496? I was too in shock to really process) and my progesterone is 20.
So since I am marginal with my level of progesterone I get to start suppositories tonight (and apparently I have up to 5 more refills - this could go on for awhile I guess).

I go back to my RE next week for a blood test and then if everything is ok I will go back at 6 weeks, 8 weeks and 10 weeks before being discharged to an OBGYN.

Thank you all for all of your kind words and help! I really appreciate it! My husband and I are opting not to say anything with friends and family yet since we have been trying for awhile and it is great to get to share my story with others!
March 25th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Nerd
Omg! That's WONDERFUL news! Yay for
AshleyO likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
March 25th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
March 26th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Great update, I wish you a H&H 9 mos!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

March 26th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Super Mommy
Yay! That's all great news! Congratulations!

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
March 26th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
That is wonderful news!!!! Have a H&H 9 months!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

March 26th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Super Mommy to be
WOW!! Congrats! I wanted to tear up for you!! I pray all goes well. God bless you!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
March 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search