BFP for me!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 03:42 AM
Or should I say BLP- Big Little Positive!!

Some of you know that I'm a newbie here...this was actually my 1st month TTC. On Monday, I took a FRED and there was a VERY light line. I've taken one every day since then, and the line is still light, but each time I've gotten a visible line immediately!

Does anyone think that it is a bad sign that the line isn't getting a lot darker each day? AF isn't due until tommorrow.

For anyone who might be interested in knowing, DH and I used Instead Cups this month after BDing. I put one in after BDing every night for 6 nights during fertile period and took it out in the morning. I definitely think they helped! Although, I personally believe hope, faith and TONS of prayer helped us the most!

Anyway, just wanted to share with you all!!!!! Good Luck to everyone!!!!

<div align="center"></div>
April 20th, 2005, 05:15 AM
BabyJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you mean 2 lines but that the other was very light? I thought with First response (if that is what fred means LOL) two lines meant pos, one meant neg...

anyways, I hope you are and congratulations. You should try to make an appointment for your doc so she/he can confirm!

Forever Missing our Angel Baby- Due December 28th, 2005, left us on May 30, 2005 after 8 weeks of joy.
April 20th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Oops! I'm sorry if I was unclear! The control line is there, nice and dark. The second line (the test line) isn't as dark as the control line, but it is definitely visible!

Ironically, I had my annual Check up (Pap Smear and all that fun stuff!) on Monday which was the first day I had a light positive result with First Response. I took the test with me and my doctor said it was definitely positive! I have my first OB visit scheduled in 3 1/2 weeks.

I'm just praying that everything continues to go smoothly during the first few weeks. I'll keep you all updated!

Good luck to everyone!!!

April 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
that's awesome Im so happy for you! My test came back negative last night but this morning the faint line was there. My fiance chooses to not believe me that i tested a slightly + this morning cuz he wasnt there and we cried so much over the - last night. I think this morning was Mason or Gracie's way of saying "mommy I'm here!" I dunno but after I posted this morning, I got this overwhelming urge to go check the trash can, and on the instructions from first response, it says a negative reading will disappear and a pos will stay for 48 hours, and when I looked the reading was still there and a slight pink extra line had showed up, so I was gonna wait but instead I went in and tried the other one, and it showed up light , the extra line. and i called my man and he was trying to be normal about it, he doesnt wanna get his hopes up. I called the doc and they wont let me go in til next week to get a test because they said it's not gonna help. Said to try in a week and if i still haven't started to give them a call. I'm like GRRR you stupid people! anyways congrats and i'm glad your doc is cool!

Forever Missing our Angel Baby- Due December 28th, 2005, left us on May 30, 2005 after 8 weeks of joy.
April 20th, 2005, 09:45 AM
EasternKYgirl- That's great news-Congratulations! A line is a line! When is AF due? Have you calculated your estimated due date yet? Maybe we can be pregnancy pals!

Keep us updated!

Praying4#1

April 20th, 2005, 09:50 AM
im not sure when AF is due because I was on the pill for 10 months and went off before my period in march and I never kept track of my cycles... so I dunno if it'll still be 28 days like my cycle with the pill or what

April 20th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Stephanee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats!! does this put you on the december ddc?

April 20th, 2005, 09:53 AM
OMG you're having a mason?! That's what I'm naming mine when I have a boy!

April 20th, 2005, 10:39 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
YAY Congrats!!!!!!!

BTW What doyou mena you put a cup in you. I have never heard of that??

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/945d2

Shawna
XOXOXO

Have Faith everything happens for a reason.
April 20th, 2005, 11:34 AM
instead cups are i suppose shaped like a diaphrahm (or however you spell it) and it sits up in your cervix... I think it's used a lot for periods, better than tampons, because you can still do everything with the instead cup in there, here's a site

Instead Soft Cup

April 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Oh Ok I see LOL that is a pretty good idea. Where can you get those? Do you have toget them from your doc or online or at a regular store?????

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/945d2

Shawna
XOXOXO

Have Faith everything happens for a reason.
April 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
April 20th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks ladies!!

I found Instead Cups at Walmart. I did think they were a little difficult to insert (probably just because I wasn't used to them) so I had my hubby insert them for me after BDing. After a few nights of using them, they became easier to use. After we put them in, I stayed in bed until the next morning. We BD'd every night (about every 24 hours) for 6 nights in a row. I know they say to BD every other night, but I was afraid I would miss ovulation!

I totally recommend the cups. Be sure to check out the website EasternKYgirl mentioned for more details.

Good Luck ladies, and thanks again for your support!

Oh yeah, my EDD is December 30th!

April 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM
monkhester
Great! I'm so happy for you!
April 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats to you on your BFP! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

April 25th, 2005, 04:57 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
CONGRATS GIRLS!!!!!

PS- I am also from Eastern Ky!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search