Been a minute...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Regular
Hey ladies!!

It's been a minute since I've been on here & very well maybe that none of you are the same as who were on here about this time last year when I was which would be GREAT!! CONGRATS!!! But if so, we will get there together loves!! So in the last year soooo much has happened, I've set up & painted my nursery completely for good luck and positive motivation that it WOULD HAPPEN!! Tore it down & repainted it after 6 months of 0.05 on my progesterone tests. Set up some of the pieces just in case I had guest. (( which, who was I kidding it was so I could stare at it & pretend it was going to happen )) Tore it all down again & sold everything except the crib which was given to us.....

But as crazy as that may make me sound I'm not hear to tell you my sad sob story! I'm here because I'm recently excited & inspired & HAPPY!!! No no bfp's YET! But it WILL COME!!

Seven months ago, I was broke with no job, I had just been laid off & had been ttc for a WHILE with Clomid. I was invited to get out of the house & have girl time. (( was SOO not in the mood but I knew I needed it )) It ended up being that one of my girlfriends had started her own Mary Kay business which to me (( GOD LOVE HER was like putting heels and a tutu on a duck at first! )) She's pretty but she's very country girl so it threw me for a loop to see her in this light! Anyway, to make a long story short after saying that I would NEVER get into this business.... I bought a kit because I needed SOMETHING to focus on other than the fact that my body wasn't working and that I felt like I was failing as a wife.... As a WOMAN.... because I wasn't getting pregnant! Lets just say in the first two days I had made more than I did making $10 at a 40 hour a week job! In 2 days consisting of a post on Facebook & a visit to my sister, & a phone call from my grandmother! I have moved up and made this my career in just a few short months with a company car & director suit on its way!

Anyway I'm not here to sell ya on my company, I'm here to tell ya that its time to recommit yourself to finding your PURPOSE in life, your JOY in life, your LITTLE GIRL DREAMS.... Bc harboring disappointment, or fear, or stress, is ssooooooo unhealthy & even more so NOT WORTH IT !!

I may be at this point just rambling, but if you're along for the ride thanks!! I bought a German Shepherd at 6 weeks old & now she's about 8 months old & I love her with all my heart !! Her name is Niva (( Hebrew for Voice )) I am a singer as well & apparently so is she. Haha! I have gotten more physically active, not much but just enough that she gets a walk everyday. I have also started taking vitamins D3 B12 along with my prenatal vitamins which I have gotten pats on back for from obgyn & RE for doing!

8 months of Clomid 50-150 did nothing for me at all. I didn't ovulate nor do I cycle on my own either so I have to take provera for that. BUT I just saw the RE for the first time yday & he has started me on 1500 Metformin & 150 Clomid ((start this in two weeks)) and I feel pretty confident in this working. One day at a time.... That's all God promises.
April 12th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,

I have been around since Jan '12 and I think I remember you here before! welcome back either way, sounds like you've had an interesting and busy few months away!

I'm glad you've found a career that is rewarding and makes you feel better, it can be a massive part of our lives and is important that whatever your doing you actually enjoy!

Your pup sounds cute, does she sing along to the radio lol? Dogs are a great motivator for exercise cos they need their walkies!

Finally, it sounds like your appt with the RE yesterday was productive - I hope that the new combo with metformin gets you your BFP! You seem to have a very positive attitude and its true that we should take all this one day at a time

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

April 12th, 2013, 04:58 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Thanks for the update! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there and Welcome back!

Glad to hear things have been going well for you!!! A positive attitude is always a great outlook on life. Your pup sounds great!!

I will be keeping my fingers crossed your new meds regiment does the trick!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Super Mommy to be
Good luck! I'm 5 months old here and hopefully we're all on our way to a ddc board soon...
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search