Dr appt from Thurs

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sarav

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Super Mommy
So my appointment went well. I got to ask a lot of questions.

The doctor said because I am borderline on thyroid issues now, when I am pregnant she would like to treat my hypothyroidism. She said pregnancy can stress the thyroid and hypothyroidism can cause the fetus's brain to not develop as well (lower IQ, possible mental retardation, etc.).

My hematologist had sent her a very nice letter outlining my diagnosis of a clotting disorder and treatment plan. My ob-gyn says she plans on working with him throughout any pregnancies I have so they can both treat properly. I will be sent to the perinatalogist (sp?) and possibly a geneticist. My pregnancies will be monitored more closely to watch for fetal growth (if growth slows, it can be a sign of clots in the placenta). She will work with the hematologist and perinatalogist to determine a time to switch me from Lovenox to Heparin in 3rd trimester. Heparin doesn't last as long in my system, making delivery or C section easier to plan. I also cannot get an epidural while on blood thinners, so hopefully birth can go smoothly so they can reverse the Heparin and allow me to get an epidural. I am very very much PRO epidural. I've had kidney stones and gallstones, a broken ankle, blood clot, surgeries, etc....I don't want to experience any more pain than I have to lol. She said they will most likely want to induce me by 38 weeks, so they can control the timing for my blood thinners and complications.

She says I am on track with charting already. She told us not to stress out over conceiving, keep things fun. No stressing over we didn't BD yesterday so we need to schedule a time to BD today lol.

She really gave me a lot more information on the hospital her office is out of, which she is primarily affiliated with. She gave me the rundown on why she wants her high risk patients here compared to other hospitals she is affiliated with. She just spent the time and I felt like she was genuine about everything.

She said if I am not pregnant in 6 months, she would like to see me back. I have bloodwork orders to check where my thyroid function is and also for cystic fibrosis to see if I am a carrier.

DH was pretty funny during the visit. The medical assistant showed him the room and told him to have a seat while she got my weight. We came in and he was sitting on the exam table. The medical assistant said that's fine, but warn the doctor before a pap smear. As the medical assistant was typing into the computer to update my information, she turns to DH and said "you must be Paul." Without skipping a beat, DH said "uh....no". He really got the assistant nervous until we started laughing. DH's only questions was how does he keep his "supply" up if we have to DO IT every day. DO IT? Are we teenagers?!
Jen@FirsAve and SmilingSam like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
April 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am really glad your appointment went well!! It seems like you guys have a really great plan in place and are covering all your bases! It is so nice to have a doctor who is willing to spend actual time with you, answer all your questions, and address any issues that may arise. Sounds like an all around good appointment!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

April 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
It sounds like you have a really great doctor who truly cares about what you're feeling, thinking and need. Refreshing indeed!

Hey, that's a solid question from DH! How DO you keep the supply a'flowin' and strong? You're DH sounds like mine....goofy! He calls it "knockin' boots" and says he is ready for me "to accept his brood." Lol!
April 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So glad that your appointment went well. It sounds like they are being really thorough as well, which is great!

For me, just having a plan makes me feel better!

GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

April 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I'm glad your appointment went well!!!!

I had a kidney stone in 2011... I think it made me even more determined to have the baby with out drugs. LOL
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search