Sore throat...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 20th, 2005, 11:44 AM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Ok I have pretty bad allergies and I now have a really bad sore throat from it. (the gook draining) Yuck! Well it is pretty bad right now I couldnt even sleep last night my thraot was sore sore. I tried garling salt water last night and chloroseptic spray(eww I hate that stuff) Well neither worked. I could barely talk his morning. Any suggestions as to fix its? I have been sucking down throat losengers like their going out of style. TIA!!!

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/945d2

Shawna
XOXOXO

Have Faith everything happens for a reason.
April 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, sorry you aren't feeling well.

I would try:
  • Increasing your fluid intake
  • Warm tea with honey
  • Using a steamer or humidifier in your bedroom.
  • Gargling with warm salt water several times daily: ¼ tsp. salt to ½ cup water.
I hope you feel better!!!
April 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Thanks I will try gargling more with salt and the humidifier if I can find it. I dont think the water intake stuff would help since it is my allergies not a cold. Ugh I hate it every year this happens. Yucky Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

Shawna
XOXOXO

April 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Brie
My allergies are awful this time of year, too. Turned into bronchitis & sinus infection (I still have fluid in my ear )but I'm feeling better now. Dr. had me take 2 sudafeds in the morning and 1 Mucinex twice a day. Since we are ttc, as of last week she had me switch over to Benadryl at night (b/c I can't take my regular allergy medicine if I'm pregnant). Good luck, and hope you feel better.

Brie
ps - homeopathic alternatives can work sometimes - for allergies I think there's some product from bees that helps but the key is that it needs to be produced locally so it comes from the area responsible for your allergies. Anyone at a health food store should be able to help.

Feb. '06 Playroom[/url]
April 20th, 2005, 02:05 PM
bananna's Avatar Regular
Thanks Brie! Every year it starts with a sore throat and turns into a bad cough Yuck! I thiml Ijust need to make sure i keep al the gook cleaned out. I tend to sniffle before I blow.

Shawna
XOXOXO

April 23rd, 2005, 01:47 PM
littlered's Avatar Veteran
i have bad allergies to and my allergies is like all year round. this is what i do to help with my allergies. i try to stay away from smoke. cause smoke can make your allergies worse. i try to drink plenty of fluids. that is about all i do besides take the meds that i need to take.

April 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Super Mommy
When I have a sore throat, nothing over the counter really works for me, but I did find one thing....It really helped me with the soreness and it will help you sleep as well. It is severe sore throat medicine by Tylenol...nighttime remedy. It's like a syrup but it is blue in color and I think the flavor is artic chill, or something to that effect...I also think that the humidifier works well also with the vick's vapor fluid added to the water.

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
April 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
its touchy because i know you are TTC but i found that when i had strep throat echinacea throat spray worked wonders...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search