Acupuncture today

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By girlsofsummer

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 07:22 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I have my first acupuncture consultation later today -- I'm excited! And a wee bit nervous.

I bought a Living Social deal for one near me a few months ago. I bought it when I hurt my back running, but never used it.

My main reasons for going are:
1) To seek solutions to this gastritis problem. Ever since my major-heartburn-mascarading-as-gallbladder-attack thing in March, I've had bouts of heartburn that can radiate to my back. I don't want to take Prilosec anymore!

2) To get my period started. It's been 2 months since my LMP and almost 7 weeks since my IUD was removed. I really don't want to take progesterone to get it started, and I've read that many ladies have had good experience going the natural route.

Hoping she can help with my sinus/allergy issues that are pretty much year-round now. And in general help with TTC.

I'll let you all know how it goes!
May 24th, 2013, 07:40 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it goes well for you and achieves what you are hoping I would be nervous too since I have never done anything like it but I know it has helped my sister tremendously. I cant wait to hear about it!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

May 24th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Super Mommy
Awesome! I am interested in hearing about it. Let us know how the appointment goes, and keep us posted on how you think it's affecting you long term.

There are so many great deals like that on Living Social and Groupon, I might have to look into it too.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
May 24th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!!
May 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oooh exciting! I hope you enjoy it

I did a fair few sessions earlier this year too, they were more relaxing than they were effective (i after all, didnt get a bfp). There's more details in the sorts of things they'll ask you about in my journal if your interested. I wouldve loved to keep going but it was really expensive. I would definatley do it again should we ever need IVF though. Jessica (BabyBirdies) was also doing acupuncture for a bit too

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

May 24th, 2013, 10:22 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Good luck!!! I've been thinking about accupuncture too. I just started going to a chiro 2 weeks ago so I want to see what that does first. Let us know how it goes!

May 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck!! I want to hear all about it afterwards. This is not something I want to do since I am scared of needles but if I get desperate and it isn't too bad for others, I may consider it.

May 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Well it was definitely different! My intro session lasted for about 1:15. The actual acupuncture portion of it was about 35 minutes.

She spent a lot of time understanding my issues. We decided that this first session we'd concentrate on the acid reflux problem (which she actually thinks could still be my gallbladder acting up as well. It's all connected, she said, which makes perfect sense). But there was overlap so she was able to place some pins for the no period issue, too.

I think she placed about 14 pins in me, 2-3 on either arm, 3 on my stomach, 1 on my forehead, and the rest on my feet. Apparently the feet has a lot of "openings" so several were put there.

She told me it's typical/good to feel pressure/tingling/throbbing when a pin was put in - like when you get a shot. Some I didnt feel much of anything.

But there was one pin that was put in my left foot (near my ankle) that physically made my foot jump - not from pain, it was just a reaction - and I felt tingling up both of my arms at the same time. It was wild.

If you are fearful of needles this definitely is NOT for you. I won't sugar coat it. I have no problem with shots or IVs, and it still made me a bit uncomfortable because insertion of the needles isn't totally without feeling.

I plan on doing it again. Like going to a chiropractor, you need to go a few times to feel the full effects. I'm hoping my period comes soon, and I certainly wouldn't mind not having heartburn so often.
May 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad it went well, I always felt it most on a particular spot between my lower leg and ankle bone! Weird! I often had them placed in my stomach, below my belly button for ttc purposes, oh and also in my lower arms. I hope it works for you!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

May 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
I'm glad that you had a good experience with it.

Tags
acupunture , natural remedies , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search