Introducing myself....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By ToonTownGirlie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 11:11 PM
Regular
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Saskatoon, SK Canada and my boyfriend and I are trying to conceive our first together. I'm 34 and he's 36. I have PCOS and Endo, and I don't ovulate, so I'm just a triple threat! LOL

I can't wait to get to know you ladies and support each other.

Conceived #1 with Endo & PCOS with no medical help, it's just meant to be!!!
ETD April 11, 2014
Head over heels in Love with my DF - engaged August 31, 2013

June 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome from a fellow Canadian!

I don't have endo or PCOS, but I know a few others do and you will get tons of support here.

Welcome to the boards, the ladies here are so great! Good luck on your journey!
June 1st, 2013, 08:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I'm Jeralynn (25). DH (26) & I have been trying for 5 cycles.

You've joined a fantastic board! The ladies here are super supportive and knowledgeable! From the looks of the Fabulous Friday thread, a lot of the ladies have busy weekend plans, so it's probably going to be quiet until Monday.

I look forward to getting to know you, and I wish you luck on your journey!
June 1st, 2013, 01:24 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome! My name is Caitlin (23) and DH is Matt (26). We have been ttc for over three years. I also have endo. I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
June 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi there I am Elle look forward to getting to know you!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 2nd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Super Mommy
Hi and welcome! I'm 26 and DH is 29 and this is our fifth cycle TTC. We live in TX, so quite a ways from you. I look forward to getting to know you and hope your stay is short and sweet!

Last edited by remisue16; June 3rd, 2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Either wishful thinking of a typo on my age.
June 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Jen (26) one of the co-hosts for the board. Me and DF (26) have been ttc since July 2011 and are currently doing our first IUI cycle.

to the board, I look forward to getting to know you! How long have you been ttc? Are you seeing an RE? It sounds like you've got a battle on your hands, however I'm a strong believer that where there is a specific problem, there's usually an answer.

to you and DB!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 2nd, 2013, 11:27 AM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?
Welcome!!

I'm Jessica (28) and my husband Raif (30) and I have been trying for about 14 months. No specific issues identified yet, but I'm likely calling my OB for an RE referral on Monday or Tuesday this week! Good luck and looking forward to getting to know you!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

June 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
Hey there and WELCOME!! I'm Tonya-29 & DH-31, we've been TTC for 9mnths and about to start inject fertility Meds. I hope your stay here is short and sweet I look forward to getting to kow you.
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
June 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Hi fellow Canadian! I'm in Alberta, actually not too too far from you I bought one of my horses from a friend in Saskatoon. Anyways, I'm 29 and DH is 25 (26 here right away). We NTNP for a year, and have been TTC for a year now. In July I'm going in for a laprascopy to see if I have endo.

Good luck and lots of baby dust for you!!

June 3rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I'm Nicholle one of the co-hosts on the board. I'm 33 and DH is 37. We've been trying for almost 2 years. I was recently dx with stage 1 endo. Hopefully we'll get our BFPs soon. I've already been through a lot of MA while ttcing, so feel free to pick my brain. GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 3rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicake View Post
Hi fellow Canadian! I'm in Alberta, actually not too too far from you I bought one of my horses from a friend in Saskatoon. Anyways, I'm 29 and DH is 25 (26 here right away). We NTNP for a year, and have been TTC for a year now. In July I'm going in for a laprascopy to see if I have endo.

Good luck and lots of baby dust for you!!
Hi Jessi!

We have been TTC for 6 months now, but my last relationship it was a couple of years. I'm on a waiting list here in Saskatoon for the fertility clinic ( we only have one in the province) and won't get in until February 2014.... so I've been referred to Calgary, (only a 4-6 month wait)... so now it's just a matter of having "fun" and relaxing and waiting. We are putting our names on the adoption list too, just in case. My OBGYN here said that there is nothing that she can do with me here now, because the possible side affects could be ovarian cancer, so she just wants to make sure that I have the right supervision and the proper steps in order to make this happen. She's amazing and I trust her immensely. She, herself went through IVF for her first baby and her second one just showed up. So she knows the road and is very empathetic.

I can't wait to get to know you ladies in here better. Along with the ladies over in TTC with PCOS. Thanks for the warm welcome!

ETD April 11, 2014

June 3rd, 2013, 09:11 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Hi!
I'm Ari (22), my dh (28) and I started trying in march and got pregnant right away but it turned out to be etopic so now we are waiting for medicine to work and my levels to get down to 0 so we can start folic acid for a couple months and then get back to TTC
You'll love this board, the ladies here are great
Look forward to getting to know you !
June 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownGirlie View Post
Hi Jessi!

We have been TTC for 6 months now, but my last relationship it was a couple of years. I'm on a waiting list here in Saskatoon for the fertility clinic ( we only have one in the province) and won't get in until February 2014.... so I've been referred to Calgary, (only a 4-6 month wait)... so now it's just a matter of having "fun" and relaxing and waiting. We are putting our names on the adoption list too, just in case. My OBGYN here said that there is nothing that she can do with me here now, because the possible side affects could be ovarian cancer, so she just wants to make sure that I have the right supervision and the proper steps in order to make this happen. She's amazing and I trust her immensely. She, herself went through IVF for her first baby and her second one just showed up. So she knows the road and is very empathetic.

I can't wait to get to know you ladies in here better. Along with the ladies over in TTC with PCOS. Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm so glad you were referred to Calgary! I have 2 friends who both had twins via IVF through Calgary fertility clinic. They have really high success rates! Depending on the results of my laprascopy, we will most likely be getting a referral there too. Good luck!

June 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Super Mommy to be
HI! ..... We've been TTC since December. Been scarce around here the last 2 weeks due to medical problems..... we are definitely out this cycle But I'm trusting God's timing...

Welcome to the board and hope your stay on this board is a short one and you will soon have your sticky bean!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Last edited by left_field; August 12th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
June 20th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicake View Post
I'm so glad you were referred to Calgary! I have 2 friends who both had twins via IVF through Calgary fertility clinic. They have really high success rates! Depending on the results of my laprascopy, we will most likely be getting a referral there too. Good luck!
Hey Jessi!

Well we got our appointment in Calgary. Will be there Sept 19 & 20th! I can't believe that this is really happening. So all new mind set now. On the weightloss journey and am down 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Just cutting out a lot of stuff, and exercising more.

If you don't mind me asking who your OB is in Calgary? My surgery for my endo back in 2003, was a bad experience. I was told by my OB that in not so many words, "that I was fat, that is why I was feeling this way"... and when I had my surgery, and they found "some".... that I was told that it was all in my head.... so needless to say, I PRAY that you have a better experience than I do!

ETD April 11, 2014

June 21st, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonTownGirlie View Post
Hey Jessi!

Well we got our appointment in Calgary. Will be there Sept 19 & 20th! I can't believe that this is really happening. So all new mind set now. On the weightloss journey and am down 6 pounds in 2 weeks. Just cutting out a lot of stuff, and exercising more.

If you don't mind me asking who your OB is in Calgary? My surgery for my endo back in 2003, was a bad experience. I was told by my OB that in not so many words, "that I was fat, that is why I was feeling this way"... and when I had my surgery, and they found "some".... that I was told that it was all in my head.... so needless to say, I PRAY that you have a better experience than I do!
My OB is in Red Deer Dr.Cassis. She's been amazing! I'm so sorry you went through such heck with that horrible OB Unfortunately there are 2 OB's in Red Deer who are famous for such horrible behavior like that.

So excited you got into the Fertility Clinic! Good luck! My lap is on July 16th, so depending on those results I may be referred to the Calgary clinic after that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search