Help me, ladies! (M/c briefly ment)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By jessicake

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Today was awful. I did cry most of the day... Last week at church we had a hymnfest, and I sang in it and played guitar for all the songs and before we went, I said to DH "this is the first time I sing to our baby in church!" And I was so excited to have a tiny little secret.

I need help to stay positive! So far I have gone shopping for the fertility diet, got lots of produce to make a week's worth of green juices, and stocked up on vitamins and supplements that are intended to help uterine lining and egg health. I'm not sure if we are NTNP or if we are TTC or taking a break this cycle.

What are you doing for TTC this week? Medical, health, exercise, mental, physical? Give me some more ideas, ladies! Is there an uplifting TTC book I can get on my Kobo? I've spent the day in bed but now I'm going to go do some serious juicing, tend my little chickens, and try to salvage my night.
June 2nd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Super Mommy
DH and I are giving it a bit of a break. The whole TTC thing has been stressing us out and we want to enjoy the summer and I'm trying to lose some weight....

I will be keeping an eye on this thread though to look for some advice, maybe there is something I haven't thought of to be healthier. You mind giving us the run-down on the vitamins and supplements you are using, or a link to some info on the fertility diet?

Also... t I'm really sorry about your loss... *hugs* One of my best friends had a m/c at 6 weeks and she conceived again the following month, she said she didn't do anything special the second time. She is now 5 months along and everything is looking great for her. I hope the same thing happens for you.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
June 2nd, 2013, 06:01 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
I'm so sorry for your loss F/X The next one sticks! I'm sure it will *hugs*

I think this month we are relaxing a bit after my 9 day luteal phase I just had It's obvious a pregnancy won't stick for me right now so while we are still going to chart and BD at the right time, we don't really have any hopes until after my laprascopy in July. I'll keep up with the vitamins and maca too of course.

June 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Nerd
I'm so sorry about your loss. Have you popped over to the TTCAL (trying to conceive after loss) board? They are really supportive from what I hear.

Could you take up a hobby? I often think that without cycling I wouldn't know what to do with my free time or how to meet other people.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
June 2nd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here are my current list of supplements and amounts:

AM:
Flaxseed oil 1000-- improves uterine health
Omega 3-6-9 1000 -- improved implantation rates, overall fertility
Vitamin E 400-- blood flow to the uterus, egg health, CM
Centrum Forte multi
Vit D3 1000 -- has been show to prevent placenta previa and m/c
Folic acid 1000-- prevents m/c and neural tube defects
Evening primrose oil 500 -- increase CM
Acidophilus 2 billion active cells -- aids digestion (of all these supplements)

PM:

Flaxseed oil 1000
Omega 3-6-9 1000
Vitamin E 400
Vit D3 1000
Folic acid 1000
Evening primrose oil 500
Acidophilus 2 billion active cells
Co Enzyme Q 10 200 -- cardiovascular health, blood flow to the uterus
Selenium 50 mcg -- helps the development of the egg, promotes healthy womb lining

Now, I'm not recommending everyone run out and take these.... I've literally spent hours poring over whatever info I can find on the subject. I'm by no means an expert. I want to look into adding some B vitamins but I'm already taking so many things!

I'm seeing a nutritionist this week because I'd like to add maca, royal jelly, bee pollen, and a couple other things, but I don't want to go crazy and possibly harm myself! So, I'll check back in after I've seen him and let you all know what he says.

For diet: I'm Drinking three glasses a day of red raspberry leaf tea with honey. I drink one cup a day of a beet and fruit juice, one leafy green juice (for iron. I'd like to supplement iron but we'll see what the nutritionist says) and one cup of pomegranate juice a day (it thickens lining). With water, this all means that I pee. A LOT.

I'm eating pineapple, oysters, almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, whole dairy, eggs, and lots of whole snack foods like grape tomatoes and blackberries. I need to add legumes, whole grains, and a few other things but I already eat and drink so much all day, LOL.

Here is one blog post I've recently read about fertility and diet plans: The Wayward Stork: Fertility Foods

I guess you could say that researching for diet plans and supplements has become like a hobby. It makes me feel like I'm actually 'doing' something rather than just passively hoping the sperm meets the egg. And believe it or not, it takes my mind off TTC!

Sorry for the monster post! I'll update the list of supplements once I've seen the nutritionist. I'm also going to loom I to acupuncture. We shall see.
jessicake likes this.
June 3rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Again so sorry for your loss. I hope this diet helps you get your sticky bfp! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry Anna Crying is okay, take all the time you need to grieve. For me it did get easier with time so hang in there. It sounds like you have a good plan in place I hope you get your sticky BFP soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Anna I'm sorry you're going through this. But you are not alone, and I hope that each days get a bit easier for you.

Your plan sounds great. Will that be your first meeting with a nutritionist? Let me know what he advises, I've never been to one and am curious.

Also, what is maca?
June 3rd, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maca is a herbal treatment for fertility. I'm not 100% on it, so I'll wait till I have an appointment to figure it all out.

I'll def post an update when I have the appointment!
June 3rd, 2013, 04:59 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Maca helps balance hormones, raise libido, help CM, basically just good for reproductive health in both men and women. If you google it lots of good info comes up. I take it in a smoothie.
AnnaBonana likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search