Random thought concerning Texas

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ArmyWife28
  • 1 Post By remisue16
  • 1 Post By Boolajoojoo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Seeing alot of you are from Texas makes me SOOO homesick!
I grew up in Houston..I guess it's not really home anymore as my parents have both moved away so only old highschool friends are left
But Boy do I miss it!!!!!

Envious of all you Texas gals.... What a wonderful place to raise a family
VA just isn't the same

I do get to go back in October though for Women of Faith conference in SanAntonio! woo!
June 6th, 2013, 12:08 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really love living in Texas We live in Houston. It is funny because DH and I always planned to move away because we both grew up here and wanted a change but as we settled in here we realized we love it. We have all of our family and friends pretty close by which is wonderful.

I even enjoy the 100 degree summers

I have never lived in another state so I dont have anything to compare it to. . . but we think it is wonderful.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 6th, 2013, 01:13 PM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
I like Texas also I'm originally from Louisiana but DH is Active Duty so we move alot. He wants to retire in Colorado or Texas
AshleyO likes this.
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
June 6th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Super Mommy
Elle, you need to come to the dark side and move to College Station. We both lived in the Houston area until we moved here five years ago. We love it here! There is less traffic, great schools, and lots of fun things to do. We still go to Houston a lot cause our families live there, but we are always happy to come home!
AshleyO likes this.

June 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Super Mommy
Texas is lovely. DH and I have agreed we are going to relocate to Texas if things don't work out with our careers up here. There are apparently a lot of opportunities for work with DH's company in Texas, but things are kinda not thriving up here in MI so it's a real possibility in the next few years. The short time I got to spend near San Antonio I really loved it.

I'm sorry you're homesick.
AshleyO likes this.

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
June 7th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are probably going to be making the "yes" decision to move to TX by the end of this year. I love it down there and my family will be there for another 6-7 years so it would be worth it! I am thinking the McKinney/Rockwall area, both are gorgeous and we want some land soon. Colorado is becoming not a good state to live in and raise children in in my opinion. They are going to legalize selling pot here to non-medical card carrying people (or at least that is the talk so far). Ridiculous!

I have also found that I may be a little to outspoken for Colorado hehehe. Gotta love a southern woman

Married to my best friend

~*~**Proud Army Wife**~*~
June 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by remisue16 View Post
Elle, you need to come to the dark side and move to College Station. We both lived in the Houston area until we moved here five years ago. We love it here! There is less traffic, great schools, and lots of fun things to do. We still go to Houston a lot cause our families live there, but we are always happy to come home!
I think we are from the same area of Houston too Shandy - i feel like I ready that somewhere you were from Friendswood?

We live right on the lake so we are really loving where we live right now and right next to a park, grocery store, and a couple good restaurants and bars so we can take walk most places we go. It will be hard to ever leave here

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Super Mommy
I was born and raised in New Jersey. My family moved here to the Dallas area in 2005. I still prefer the northeast... hands down.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search