Anxiety

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Do any of you girls deal with anxiety? I used to really struggle and have anxiety attacks, but had counseling and learned to cope really well with it like 5 years ago. I knew I'd have to deal with it forever but thought I had it under control. These last few months it's crept back, all relating to TTC, and since I found out my laprascopy date I've had 3 anxiety attacks now :/ I've been waking up anxious and it lasts all day. I'm crazy busy right now and that's not even helping distract me. Argh! Anybody have any advice or experiences?

June 7th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Nerd
I went through therapy about five years ago and restarted some one on one counseling when my husband and I started TTC. I found it really helped me. Part of me was sad to go back, but it has come at a really good time, actually. A lot of Psyc meds aren't TTC or pregnancy safe. So seeing someone was how I decided to make my life more manageable. I'm sorry you are having panic attacks again. They are very scary!
jessicake likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also suffer from anxiety. And TTC is definitely a source of stress!!! Honestly, I come here... I write about every little thing that's going on, and I feel better -- sometimes still crazy, but better. Also, trying to relax (although it's mega hard) helps when I can. Making sex fun has also helped with anxiety attacks for me.

Vent away whenever you need to. We are here to support each other and get through this crazy journey!
jessicake likes this.
June 7th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you ladies!! Actually being a member here does seem to help me too it's nice to have a place for support and venting from ladies who understand!

Maybe it's time to get some counseling again. I think a lot of my anxiety is that we want a baby so bad, but it seems so out of our control. No matter bad we want it, wanting doesn't mean it'll happen :/ So I get anxious about our future and it builds up all day and turns into an attack. Seems so preventable but I can't seem to lately. And the laprascopy has me kind of terrified of the results and what we'll find out.

June 7th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had loads of anxiety since TTC. I don't have attacks, more generalized anxiety that has me feeling like my palms are sweating and my stomach is turning all day long.

I'm not really sure how to best deal with it. Sometimes when I'm having a freak out I'll google it and fin message boards relating to it. So, for example, I'll google "anxiety while trying to conceive" or "anxiety after miscarriage" and I'll find loads of other message boards related to that. It always helps me to know that what I'm experiencing is normal!

Also, vent here! LOL. Seriously, it helps me a lot and I love hearing BTDT advice.

((Hugs)) and I hope you find relief soon!
jessicake likes this.
June 8th, 2013, 05:46 AM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
Jess how long do these attacks last? Most people confuse anxiety with panic attacks. Anxiety is something that last all day and you feel on edge and worried 24/7. I have panic attacks but its monitored through counseling & one med prescribed by my Psychiatrist. A panic attack is something that last from a few minutes to an hour. But their terrible regardless if its anxiety or panic attacks, and it's so hard because you will have certain things that trigger it. Just remember your coping skills, what I do is take a time out, go for a walk, take deep breaths in and out and count back from 10. If it gets too bad and more frequent start keeping notes of when its happening, your thoughts, what you were doing, etc....I work in Behavioral Health & I'm in Grad school for counseling. I hope you are able to get these attacks under control.
jessicake and momology like this.
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
June 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I think I have both...some days I wake up feeling anxious and it builds all day until I have an attack usually by late afternoon. Those "attacks" usually last 1/2 hour - an hour and my heart and thoughts are just racing. Sometimes going for a walk calms me down, or I go lay down and pray and try to clear my mind. If hubby's home he is good at talking me down too. I hadn't had one in years and this spring after the move (during the stress of the move I was fine! Weird) and my first doctor's appointment regarding the fertility stuff is when the panic attacks started creeping back into my life. I'm always dealing with general anxiety but I learned coping methods and had a handle on it pretty well, but it is coming back now. I think the whole uncertainty of everything is getting to me, I'm a planner and I had everything right on schedule except this baby thing. I honestly thought within 6 months of NTNP I'd be pregnant. I need to let this go into God's hands and not try to control it but it's hard.

Thank you ladies! I really appreciate the support and advice!

Last edited by jessicake; June 8th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
June 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
ArmyWife28's Avatar Praying for a Miracle
Jess, I completely understand I'm a control freak...and it kills me that I can't control this part of my life. But lean on DH that's what he's there for. We have certain things in our life that trigger anxiety and panic attacks but we just have to figure out what will make it subside. I'm always here if you need to talk or vent
jessicake likes this.
FurMommy to Bowie, Abby, Macy, & Leroy

4 Rounds of Clomid & 2 Rounds of Femara with NO Luck
6/5/13 1st cycle of Follistim 600AQ CD3- CD11
6/14/13 Ovidrel Trigger Shot CD12
7/1/13 27mm Cyst on R Ovary, Cancelled cycle
June 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The planning gets to me, too.

We thought we would be pregnant between January and April "by accident" and would have a baby in fall/ winter. That would have worked out the best because of DH being a farmer... His late fall early winter is when he gets the most free time.

I used to think I would just snap my fingers and be pregnant at the most convenient time! How funny is that! Ad now I'm realizing there is so much I can't control, despite all my very best efforts and it weighs on me.

I try to focus on the positive a lot. I have DH, I love our little house, I have the chickens and next year the hogs will come. I'm working in a decent job and family is all doing well right now. Sometimes just listing the positives in my head and spending time each day thanking God for all the good helps me quite a bit.
jessicake likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks so much for the support ladies! I had a really good weekend Hubby has been very supportive, and I've started doing my daily devotionals/prayer and writing down what each day's devotional means to me and hubby. I've received a lot of clarity and peace from it! And focusing on being grateful for our wonderful life and farm helps a ton!

OT but Anna, we got our pigs! 3 little 20 lb weaners. They are pretty cute and fun to watch!

June 10th, 2013, 09:40 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you had a good weekend!!

I am a little late to see this post but it looks like the other ladies offered some wonderful advice My best friend has terrible anxiety and panic attacks and we have found that talking it out as well as focusing on the good helps her tremendously. I find my anxieties are also calmed by venting on JM and talking with close friends. I am so glad you have found something that works for you.
jessicake likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 10th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont really have anything to add to the great advice already offered, I just wanted to offer a

Oh ....and I'd like to see photos of the piggies!
jessicake likes this.

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 10th, 2013, 11:30 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
I'm really glad you're feeling better. Anxiety is awful. I think I have undiagnosed generalized anxiety, and working out is what helps me the most. I need to go on walks or runs or just get out of the house to make me feel better sometimes.

I think your life sounds pretty quaint by the way
jessicake likes this.
June 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Walking helps me a lot too I try to walk (or cross country ski in winter) 2-3 miles/day, and I've actually noticed that when I don't for a few days my general anxiety starts to come back.

Thank you girlsofsummer! We are really happy with our life, the only thing missing is a child Hopefully soon now that we are seeking medical help!

Jen...the piggies are SO cute! For now lol They grow really fast! Here is a pic...
Photo by jesswalker83 • Instagram

They have free run on the farmyard, like my chickens lol They root around and play for only about an hour at a time now, then head back to their shed for naps lol!

June 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Eeeeeek! I want some! I know our county fair sells off the piglets that they use in the greased pig contest and I really want some! I told DH in the spring but my dad just gave me a new chicken coop as well as an electric fenced in yard for my birthday... So I might end up with some piglets after the fair in August if I am not pg by then.

How much did you pay for each one? And you don't keep them fenced at all? Our road is Unmaintained but still used as a tractor path and for all the lunatic teenagers around here to bomb around on. I'm scared they would run to the road (about 500m from where their pen would be).

Also, what are you feeding them? We are thinking of doing corn silage, haylage, cow leftovers and people leftovers. Do you feed them some kind of growing mash like chicks?

I'm so glad I have you, so I can pick your brain! LOL.
June 10th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They're too cute! Do they have names or is that a no-no so you dont get too attached?

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww they are cute!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

June 11th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Jen - No names, because yeah I would get too attached! They will be butchered in the fall. Home raised pork is so delicious! And fun to raise lol

Anna - We are lucky, we live at the very end of a dead end road and are the only place down there. Our closest neighbour is 2 miles away Plus our driveway is a 1/4 mile long, and the farmyard is on the other side of the house. They stick around in the corrals with the chickens and sheep, or in the trees their shed is in.

We are feeding them a starter pig ration you buy at a feed mill or store At 50 lbs or so they'll move to a grower ration. They aren't eating much of it though, they are getting house scraps and eating lots of grass, bugs and roots from free ranging around. They are pretty happy lil piggies!

We are going to throw up a chicken wire fence around the garden though lol They haven't wandered in there yet, but I imagine they will. It'll hopefully help keep the deer out too!

We paid $35 each for them. $35-$40 is about average for lil guys their size in our area. They came from a barn so they are already vaccinated and the male castrated.

June 11th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Nerd
I can't believe you will EAT them
June 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM
LOL Have you been inside a commercial pig barn? Yuck. I don't want to support them. We are pork eaters and I'd rather the animals I eat live a happy, healthy life and not be pumped full of antibiotics! And preservatives and nitrates during processing. There's a reason home raised pork tastes way better lol!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search