TTC our first

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By momology
  • 1 Post By blueskiesinjuly
  • 1 Post By PinkHurricane
  • 1 Post By KellJoO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Me and my husband are trying to conceive and I'm new to this. I just recently started tracking BBT and believe I ovulate a little early than all the calculators. The other morning I had slight pain diagonally inbetween my belly button and hip only for a little while which I read is signs of ovulation. Also that night during Intercourse it was a bit painful inside. Which I also read can be signs of ovulation. The next day my breast got very sore towards the afternoon and were sore for about 2 days which normally only get sore before AF which is still a little over two weeks away. Now the soreness is very slight but they are still swollen and kind of heavier than when AF is not coming. Could I maybe have conceived? I'm very anxious and hoping so. Looking for other personal experiences from this. Thanks!!
July 24th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and

Do you have a chart we could look at? That would help us figuring out if you O'd.

Have you recently come off any birth control? That unfortunately, can make your cycles wonky for a while whilst it gets out of your system.

The other things you could be keeping on eye on is your CM - cervical mucous - Around O time it will be more like egg white or wet (see the other thread recently posted - it gives some really good descriptions). Or you could try using OPKs - alot of us get them from the internet or Amazon, however they will only tell you when your body is gearing up to O, not if you actually Od. The only way to do that for sure is to track your BBT. A sustained temp rise for 3 days will confirm you Od.

I hope this helps

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 24th, 2013, 06:14 AM
For the BBT I just started one 4 days ago. since we just decided to start trying last month
bbt for july 21 97.8 - same day as our BD and the day I believe I ovulated.
bbt for July 22 97.3
bbt for july 23 97.5
bbt for july 24 97.8
I know that is not much of anything, were just very anxious and ready for it to happen.
I have been off birth control for about a year now, we just did the pull out method and were okay if there was an accident. I couldn't remember to take my birth control anyways.
With my CM ive just been wet, no mucus just creamy. and prefer not to use OPK's I have not found anything convincing about them.. and prefer to track by my BBT.
July 24th, 2013, 06:57 AM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there and welcome!!!!! I am Elle

everything Jen said

From your BBT it doesn't look like you have Od yet - you need 3 days of a higher temperature shift. I highly recommend using Fertility Friend online I have found it to be a wonderful way to track my temps and I added the App to my phone so I can add temps easily.

Best of luck to you!!!!!
92abigail92 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for the amazing siggy!!

Expecting our first baby August 25th, 2014!!!

July 24th, 2013, 10:07 AM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Just wanted to welcome you to the board! This is a really supportive community, and I know you will find some great advice here.
July 24th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Regular
Welcome and good luck!
92abigail92 likes this.

3w 4d - 7.6.13
July 24th, 2013, 11:55 PM
PinkHurricane's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome!! My husband and I just began TTC too, and this board is full of great women! Good luck and sending you
92abigail92 likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Thank you all!! I'm glad there is a website like this. So question
My boobs are growing progressively more sore and swollen. Apparently ovulation is around this time. Is breast tenderness so bad it hurts bouncing walking down the stairs normal for ovulation?? I don't think I've ever had this during ovulation before. The only time my breasts get sore is anywhere from 6 days before or just the day of my period. And it's still 2 weeks away???
July 25th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep unfortunately I do get sore breasts around ovulation - I have quite large breasts and they need extra support around O and before AF is due.

One of the most frustrating things about TTC is that soooo many symptoms that we associate with pregnancy, also mimic the symptoms that happen before AF is due or around O time.

July 25th, 2013, 07:18 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to wish you good luck and welcome to the board

Yes, unfortunately so many symptoms around O time or AF time are very close to pregnancy symptoms. Hard to tell the difference.

I will say that by about 7 DPO I had a gut instinct that I was pregnant and got my BFP at 8 DPO. Tender breasts, extremely tired, and lots of weird cramping.

Best of luck to you.
92abigail92 likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
July 25th, 2013, 07:22 AM
I would be more than stoked for the first cycle of trying for us to get pregnant. Especially since my DH deploys very very soon. You all are so wonderful and helpful!! And thank you for the advice.
July 25th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You're welcome

August 1st, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hey everyone. I just wanted to share. I am a 30/33 day cycle and on cycle day 22, 6 dpo I got my BFP!! Three of them in fact. Either I ovulated super early?? Or from what I have seen online twins??? Twins run bad in my family too lol, as in my mom, grandma, and grandmas sister all have twin girls!! I thank you all for all the support and welcome and pretty surprised I already got it.
What really made me want to take the test was belly cramps. Similar to AF but not because I have horrible cramps normally and my doctor prescribes me medicine for it, so I knew that wasn't normal especially so early. No other symptoms other than that though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search