UGH!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
So irritating!

Dh just messaged me to tell me that a coworker (remember small company so everyone's friends with everyone) is pregnant..shes the only girl in the office besides office manager and receptionist and she has a 1year old boy.

that's 3 people at his work expecting babies...2 are due any day now

And he thought that would brighten my morning?

Sorry to show my ugly jealous side but I am just SO tired of everyone around me being pregnant or having a brand new baby!
(this does NOT go for Jen and Elle...and I am MORE than thrilled for you two)

But honestly I know 10 people just off the top of my head that I have almost daily interactions with that are either expecting or just had one.

Now I'm just in a pissy mood
August 19th, 2013, 07:28 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sooooooooo know the feeling, hon. I'm sorry.

Saturday we found out that a friend of ours is 23 weeks pregnant. They JUST started telling people.......and DF came to find me in the laundry room to show me the picture. He was pretty excited, and I just about burst into tears because I feel the same way.........EVERYONE around me is pregnant or just had a baby.
I swear they totally do not grasp how it feels........

Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
August 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Ugghhh. I hear you on that, sister.

My ex brother-in-law just told my sister that he is having a baby with his new wife. He is the most irresponsible, untrustworthy SOB that already doesn't have two sh*ts about my nephews. The boys are excited, which kills me because once their dad has a baby he definitely won't be doing anything for them.
August 19th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry hun, believe me I know how you feel. You've just got to keep the faith that it'll be your turn soon. In the meantime, let DH know that he needs to pick his moments for sharing such news - for example by presenting you with a nice glass of wine or chocolate beforehand!

Oh and btw I'd be completely fine with you being annoyed at me too if youre having a bad day! (i've been there so know its hard, even when youre happy for people)

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

August 19th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Super Mommy
OMG!!! I totally feel ya on this one. DH told me the other day about a friend of his who is having a baby... and their brother is having one...

Umm I don't like this friend and I never have! He was rude to me from the start and is a bad friend to DH (always standing him up). I am trying very hard to be positive and happy for people and DH knows this. Of course since I don't like this guy I immediately have bad thoughts and am angry/upset. Why does he even feel the need to tell me? I would have never found out about it any other way?!?!

August 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
yup, I know exactly how this goes and feels. DH still doesn't understand how I'm not happy for my sister in law. Maybe if I was going to get some baby snuggles out of it I'd feel different, but he'll likely be 6m old before I even see him for the first time.. not to mention I still feel like she's getting MY baby since she wouldn't have even ovulated yet when I lost Konnor who was due in the same month.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
August 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
CzechWife's Avatar Regular
It is so hard! I completely understand! I do the same thing. Every time someone announces they are pregnant on facebook or something I get very emotional.
TTC#1 after 9 years of marriage and NTNP
Names already picked out: Zofie Maruska and Jaromir Elias
Me (Sam) :26
DH: 32

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord granted me what I asked of him." I Samuel 1:27
August 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Super Mommy
Yup... know how you feel. I know people who have had 2 kids in the time it's taken me to have... zero....

Woo, you can check out Amy's crazy temps right here.
August 19th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy to be
hugs.... I don't feel angry at the ones around me who are pregnant nor really jealous. Truly happy for them. But I haven't been trying as long as some of you. I get down/depressed as I see them progressing along though but not angry. Now the one time I was kinda miffed was when someone I know told me they were trying and bam the next month they were pregnant. They are known for using drugs and not taking care of the kid they have now.

I just want all of us to get our BFP's too!!!!
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 19th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
I am happy for them ..it just really bums me out
Jealousy creeps in but I'm not angry at them, just upset with the situation I went through. Because every time someone announces they are pregnant the first thing I think of is how I should be announcing my pregnancy but instead I have to keep quiet as most people Dont know we m/c
August 19th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Super Mommy to be
So sorry Ari, big hugs
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search