Positive opk?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
So yesterday my opk was dark but not as dark as the control (so I was thinking my body was gearing up like it usually does and that I would get a positive in a couple days)

But this morning my opk is much lighter than yesterday.....
Do you think yesterdays not as dark as control line was a positive...or maybe the positive is still to come...

Hmmm I'm stumped I guess the only thing I can do is cover my bases bd wise and keep using opks

I'm on CD 14 but Im not temping which I am now regretting...couldnt find my bbt thermometer :/
August 20th, 2013, 05:48 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you post pictures of them? I know you're not supposed to look at them after they're dried, but I do all the time.

It sounds to me like you geared up to O and you haven't yet. My body did the same thing last cycle (and may be doing the same thing as we speak!). I got some nearly positive lines around CD11/12 but then it faded away until CD20 when I got what was for sure a positive- VERY dark.

Brooks Kinlee Barnes
6 lbs 13 oz 18.25"
Two in Heaven
2/7/2013 (6w4d)
5/22/2015 (4w3d)

August 20th, 2013, 06:24 AM
hopelessly wishing's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in the same boat ??
August 20th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Super Mommy to be
Yep you sound like hopelessly_wishing. Same thing applies, perhaps your body is gearing to O but just hasn't yet. Keep us posted
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 20th, 2013, 09:10 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
ok. unlike like hopelessly's post I have advice here. LOL.

When your opks get to the almost but not quite positive stage... you need to take more than one per day.

I tried to find a photo example.. but then I depressed myself and I had to give up. But there are a few of us here who surge fast... like negative at 2pm, positive at 5pm, negative at 11pm sort of dealio.

what's your CM doing?
TTC #1 together since December 2011
ttc naturally until end of year

May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

August 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
Thanks Ashley I will definitely start taking some in the late afternoon/evenings...assuming I haven't already missed it...

I haven't been paying too too much attention (as part of the whole "not trying too hard" approach...clearly that hasnt worked out haha)
The past 2 days Ive noticed some when I wiped..it seemed milky...possibly a little egg whitey but it also could have been sticky... grrr! I wish I paid more attention...
I did check this morning and my cervix was SUPER high...It doesnt get high enough to where I can't reach it very often...so not sure what that means...but also it was very wet (sorry for the tmi) and a tiny bit of sticky almost stretchy cm

does that help any? haha probably not!
August 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
LOL. a little bit.

High cervix is a sign of O for most (my cervix is usually out of reach unless AF's pending).

And it sounds like your CM was transitioning, which is a good sign! Let us know what your next opk says
TTC #1 together since December 2011
ttc naturally until end of year

May 6th- bfp @ 10dpo ended in a Chemical Pregnancy May 15th @5w1d

Me: Hashi's, PCOS,Multiple miscarriages
Him: MFI low count, low morphology, low motility Vitamins started August 2nd.

August 20th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Ariw's Avatar Veteran
I hope so! I definitely will!
Thanks for the info...as usual

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search