2014 Resolutions.

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JennyForrest

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 12:52 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I've decided this year I'm not going to make a 2014 Resolution. Instead I'm going to choose one or two small things each month to work on, to try and create habit. I feel I'll be less likely to fail if I do this.

For January I've chosen to focus on drinking more water and staying on top of dishes and laundry.

Anyone else wish to join me in my experiment?
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
January 1st, 2014, 01:43 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
Sure. In January, I want to try to dust once a week and clean the floors twice a week since my overall resolution is to slack off less on the house cleaning.
January 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Veteran
I actually started doing that in Nov, so I'll join in. Nov, I focused on the guest bedroom & guest bathroom- very easy to allow to get cluttered lol I've been doing really well at keeping them tidy. Last month, I started really focusing on keeping the living room & kitchen nice & presentable, washing the dishes after each meal & keeping counter cleared off & the coffee table & couches cleared off, etc.... so far, so good, except that I haven't done the dishes yet today lol My new goals for this month will be to ride my horse at least 3 times a week (I was injured & have had a hard time getting back to riding), and get/keep the master bedroom clean & clutter free. (I am not one for "resolutions", anyway- I write down my goals for the next year, & make a plan on reaching them, but they are mainly business oriented, and I don't do it in Jan- I typically do it in the fall time, because the previous horse training/showing season has wound down & we are looking toward the start of the next show season.)
January 1st, 2014, 03:10 PM
JennyForrest's Avatar 2014 IS OUR YEAR!
I didnt make any for 2014. The only thing was to stop spending money on stupid stuff so we can put more money down on our dream house and spend no more then $350 at Starbucks for the year. 2013 we spent a little over $900!

Praying to be pregnant in Hawaii August 2014

January 2nd, 2014, 09:49 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Yikes Jenny! that's a lot on Starbucks!

We also have financial goals, but those were being implemented regardless of the new year.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
January 2nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My goal for the new year is to worry less. Life is so much easier when you can just live in the moment and not stress about the "what-ifs"
Cautiously Expecting #1

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
January 3rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Veteran
What steps are you going to take to reach your goal of not worrying? I am a worrier by nature, but prayer keeps me from worrying about things that I have no power over. For the worrisome things that I DO have power over, I write them down & make a plan, then ACT on that plan. I have very little "worry" in my life- I'm not saying I don't have worrisome things, but I don't WORRY about them. The main worrisome things weighing on me right now are that one of my horses was recently injured & I need to decide what treatment to take, and the impending animal births- my sheep are due between now & the end of Feb, my sister's horse is due in March, my goat & my Mom's goats are all due in the first 2 weeks of May, and my 2 horses are due end of May (horses are pregnant for 340 days), I am the "animal doctor" for our family, so am expected to be on-call & available to untangle/deliver babies. I am not unsettled about the horses or goats, I'm just taking all of it into careful consideration when planning out my calendar for the year (I am a BIG time planner, LOL), but I AM concerned about the sheep, as NONE of them have had babies before & I only got involved with sheep 11 months ago. Birthing is birthing, but sheep are more wimpy & delicate than goats, & lambs are typically bigger at birth than kids are- so more potential of birthing trouble. Also in the mix, I am planning our family reunion in June (the first one to ever be held at OUR ranch, they have always been in another state so there is a LOT of pressure to get it right!!!) & the man who owns the cabins we'll be renting is not answering his phone, & hasn't sent the contract to me even though it's been 3 months since I asked for it... I need to make a cake topper for my brother's vow renewal in March, need to get my garden planned & planted on time this year (instead of late!).... so I have checklists!!! If I didn't havethe checklists, I would actually lie awake at night thinking about these things!!! LOL
January 3rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Veteran
Oh... I also have to figure out how/when to fit in a big batch of baby goats I'm planning to buy for resale in March, and when to start up the egg incubator for hatching out baby chickens, AND decide on my barrel racing competition schedule while keeping hubby's fishing tournament schedule in mind.... I am SO grateful for LISTS & calendars!!! I literally plan my life out many months ahead, and that truly does lessen the worry. I have a LOT going on, but very little worry (I AM worried about my cycle not regulating after 8+ months of being off of the pill, but there's nothing I can do about it right now, so I just leave that one up to God- anytime I start to worry about it, I pray & tell Him it's in His hands. If it hasn't regulated by summertime, I will talk to the doctor about it, & make a plan of what to do, but I won't WORRY about it.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search