It's been a while

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
Hello Ladies,

I stepped away from these boards for a while because my doctor thought it might be adding to my stress but it's been a few months and no changes so I decided to come back. About 3 months ago I started taking Vitamin B6 to to see if it would extend my LP, the first month there was no change but second month my LP was 9 days with no spotting, that made me so excited, but of course this month, I got my period on CD25 so my LP was only 5 days.

I bought some Vitex and will start taking that to see if it makes any difference. I'm also due for my annual so I made an appointment to see my doc next week.

I just feel bad for my hubby, I think he's feeling more discouraged than I am

February 10th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome back! It's bee quiet around here lately. Winter doldrums I guess....

I took B vitamins for my LP also, it didn't seem to make a difference. They stayed around 9 days, with a couple getting up to 10 or 11, but some were only 8 days. The internet would have you think that your LP doesn't just vary like that....

Is your doctor currently doing anything to try diagnosing the reason for your short LPs? 5 days seems really short to me. How long are your cycles normally, and when do you typically O?

~Amy. Anxiously awaiting our first.
February 10th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Mbwebb11212's Avatar Veteran
I had spoken with my neighbor (who's a nurse at an OBGYN's office) and she didn't seem too concerned about my short LP's but I have to agree that 5 days is really short. I typically see to O around CD19 or CD20 and my cycles are usually around 26-29 days so regardless I have a short LP.

We've only been trying for 6 months but with such a short LP I think I should talk to my doctor before waiting a year.

I'm hoping the Vitex helps a bit. I'm ok with waiting to get pregnant but not if my body isn't working correctly. If everything seemed to be normal and after 6 months we still weren't pregnant I'd so well, let's keep trying but if there's no change of getting pregnant with such a short LP then why wait a year ya know? I'm hoping my doc does something, even if it's a suggestion on something to take to help extend it.

February 10th, 2014, 12:29 PM
butterfly721's Avatar TTC #1
back!
March 17th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Veteran
Welcome back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search