Has anyone else experienced this?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Veteran
Sorry I haven't been around here in quite some time. Got very busy during the holidays and things are just now starting to slow back down a little.

Here's my situation: DH & I have been TTC since September. I started using OPKs right away, but didn't start temping until November. That lasted one cycle. During my December cycle I forgot to take my temp so many times that I just gave up for the month and figured I would start temping again the next cycle. Problem is - I'm still waiting for that next cycle to start (2 months after my last AF). I never did have a regular cycle before taking the pill, and did occasionally skip AF for a month, so it wasn't a huge shocker when there was no AF in early January (and 3 BFNs). About 2 weeks after AF was due I noticed my CF getting to the egg-white consistency, so I figured I'd use OPK just to see if by chance I was going to ovulate again. Got a negative the first night, and a positive the next night. So, based on that, AF would have been due again last week. As of today - no AF and 2 BFNs (last one was yesterday).

Called my Dr office today and was basically told that if there still is no AF by Friday to take another HPT, and if it's negative I should call them and schedule an appointment so they can induce AF. She wasn't too concerned since I was irregular before taking the pill. The nurse I spoke with asked if I had any pregnancy symptoms. I told her I gave up paying attention since my body plays tricks on me during every 2WW since we started trying (I feel nauseated every month - never to the point of vomiting yet, although it's been close a couple times. And other little "symptoms" every month).

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had experience with 2 months of no AF, but no BFP either. I am so frustrated at this point. I know many of you ladies here have been trying for longer than I have been, but I really didn't think it was going to take this long. Every month I ask myself what the hell is wrong with me? Why can't my body make a baby. I keep thinking maybe it's my age, but I know there are women older than me having babies. Then I wonder if it is because I lost an ovary 15 years ago (due to a large cyst), even though I was assured over and over again by the 3 different physicians I've been to since then that it shouldn't affect my chances of getting pregnant. And I'm so tired of hearing from my DH that it will happen when it's meant to happen. He thinks I shouldn't be putting so much effort into TTC (he thinks OPKs & temping are going over board).

Ugh, sorry that turned into a vent session, but any insight into my situation would be very appreciated.
February 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM
I have had this happen a few times. I have both of my ovaries but I have had periods of time where I would have irregular cycles and even abnormal menstrual bleeding too. I would and still do go sometimes without AF for months. I have gotten excited that maybe just maybe I am pregnant but I never am. The one time I did get pregnant I found out about it in the emergency room as I was miscarrying at 6 weeks. Now that I have decided to try again after 3 years of waiting I am having cycle issues again. *sigh* Sometimes I think it's just not meant to be. Everyone my age is having babies but me. It is so heartbreaking and so unfair and I can't help but feel jealous and angry about it.
February 20th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran
When I went of the pill years ago I would go 3-4 months without having a period... but if you used an OPK and it was positive two weeks ago and now the hasn't shown... I would for sure use another HPT and probably even ask for a beta before they give you the provera.

February 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How frustrating. I've never gone that long without AF, but I have stretched it out over about 6-7 weeks, so one VERY long cycle. I was convinced I was pregnant because that was when we first started trying and when I came off the pill. Of course it was just my body adjusting to coming off the pill from the previous cycle. I had made an appointment to get bloodwork done to see if I was actually pregnant and AF came while I was waiting for results, go figure.

It can take your body some time after coming off birth control to regulate again. I know its not easy, and it makes TTC even harder. But, I do agree with your doctor if you dont get a positive HPT now it would be best to jump start AF and move on.

I want to say that when I came off the pill, it took me about 6 months before I started getting regulat length cycles.

Keep us posted, I hope that you are delightfully surprised and get your BFP and there is no need to start AF medically!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
I wanna say my first real period after stopping the pill was 6 months later. It really messed me up.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 23rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Veteran
Thanks for the replies. I did call my doctor's office that Friday and schedule an appointment. They wanted to just send a prescription over to the pharmacy for me, but I really wanted to talk to my doctor about it first, and make 100% sure that I wasn't pregnant. Plus, she had told me when I saw her for my annual check up last summer that, due to my age, if I wasn't pregnant after 6 months to call her and we can decide what step to take next. So I asked if I could schedule an appointment and the nurse said "well, we tell people to try for a year first." I told her that's fine, but Fran herself said to see her if it hadn't happened after 6 months, so I want to see her." Unfortunately, she's on vacation until next week, but I do have an appointment scheduled with her when she gets back. And, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), AF did show up this past week.

The only time I've ever had normal cycles is when I've been on the pill. I was off it for a long time in between relationships in the past, and would skip a month about once or twice a year, so when I skipped the first one this time I wasn't too worried. It was when the next one didn't show up that I started to wonder what the heck was wrong.

And now to top things off, I just saw on Facebook about 10 minutes ago that another friend of mine is pregnant. I was considering leaving FB (or at least taking a break from it) for a while now just because I'm so sick of all the baby updates from all my friends & family. It seems everyone is either pregnant or just had a baby or grand baby, or is awaiting the birth of their grand baby. This last announcement just made up my mind for me. Done with FB, at least for now, for the sake of my sanity. It's just too depressing for me to look at my newsfeed these days.
February 23rd, 2014, 07:53 PM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
I'm so sorry. I hope you get some answers. We got three baby shower invites in the mail this week so I know how you feel. I am happy for them, but part of me wants to rip them to shreds out of frustration

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search