Question about HPTs and hCG

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Clear Blue Easy Digital Pregnancy test that soeone gave me. I have been waiting to use this one until after I miss a period. My question is that because it requires atleast 100 mIU of the hCG hormone before it can detect pregnany do I have a greater risk of getting another BFN? Or does the normal pregnant woman have atleast that amount of the hormone once she is a day late?
April 23rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Veteran
hi autumnsun!
im kinda in the same position as you and i have a clearblue to test with tomorrow morning too. af was due last sun and i have used 2clearblue since and got BFN both times. so...i was chatting to someone in oct due date club and she said that she didnt get BFP until 1week after af was due and earlier tests gave BFN even though she was obviously pregnant...so in answer to your question (sorry i got there eventually!) i think everyone is different-some people can get BFP before af is even due, and some dont until way after af due date! i think hormone levels are different for everyone!
i hope that is some help and please keep me posted with your testing-hopefully we will be joining due date clubs together!!!

xxxMELxxx

***********************baby dust for your BFP**************************
April 23rd, 2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks Melissa - I really thought I was pregnant but I took a HPT on CD12 (yesterday) and it came back negative. That one required 50 mIL so maybe I still have a shot at a BFP. I just have so many symptoms but when I got that BFN I was so disheartened. And if I didn't even have 50mIL yesterday I don't see how I will have 100 mIL tomorrow. I feel like screaming - this is so stressful!

WHEN you get your BFP tomorrow when will you be due? I think I just make it into the January DDC. I would LOVE a January baby - it is my birthday month too.

LOTS OF BABY DUST TO YOU!

April 23rd, 2005, 12:10 PM
Veteran
hey autumnsun! dont give up get! i know it is disheartening but remember that the best things in life are always worth waiting for!
also thanks for your support and i will let you know how i get on tomorrow-im so excited and i really want the BFP this month as my due date would be 25th dec and a christmas baby would be so special!
take care
**************************baby dust*****************************

xxxMELxxx
April 23rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
A Christmas baby would be so cool! I am keeping my fingers for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search