Hello, Newbie :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashie.marie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Veteran
Hello,

Well after a few weeks lurking I've decided to come out of the woodwork and introduce myself.

Me and my OH, (Fiancé to be precise but OH is simpler!), both 22, have just recently taken the decision to TTC. I've stopped taking BC and am awaiting AF so we can start for sure. I've been on BC for about 5/6 years now, and took a break previously and seemed to be back and 'natural' pretty quickly, but whether that included O I don't know so I'm charting at the moment, hoping to see/find out if/when I O so I know for future.

Anyway I am rambling away.. nice to meet you all!
June 2nd, 2014, 07:31 AM
Regular
I'm also a newbie can't wait to share this journey with other eager mothers to be!
June 2nd, 2014, 01:46 PM
Veteran
Hello there... Hope we both get the BFP soon!
June 2nd, 2014, 03:57 PM
Regular
That would be nice lol. I also posted my story on here... New but not. Are you using any ovulation predictor? I'm using clear blue fertility monitor... I'm getting close to ovulating according to that so... Send good vibes my way! Lol
June 3rd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Veteran
Sending you good vibes!! Hope the predictor is right and you get your BFP soon!
Not using a predictor (yet!) just charting and CM... thought I may have O... dip then 2 days of increasing temp and EWCM... nope. Another dip today! Grrr.

I may start using in future cycles, if no success, but as I've just come off BC, I'm trying to just monitor and get to know my body first.

Rachael, Fiancée to Jack , Expecting Baby #1
~

June 4th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Regular
That's a great idea... Getting to know your body again. So you are measuring your temp? What temp are you supposed to be at when ovulating? I bought a basal thermometer but haven't messed with it. My friend swears by this monitor lol and she is on the third. That's awesome that you know your ready to be a mama at 22! I wish I was ready then. Now I'm 27 and feel like I'm gonna be an old mom. Stupid, I know but I always wanted to be a young mother
June 4th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Veteran
I'm measuring the temp, only on paper for now (after DF stood on old thermometer and I had to order online) and as I'm in the UK it's in C not F.

I don't think there's a set temp for when you're ovulating, usually a spike indicates that ovulation has occurred (and your temperature staying up!) I entered a competition today, as I randomly saw it on Cosmopolitan's website to win an Ovusense monitor, if I win I win... If not like I said we'll see how we go on.

I know 22 is fairly young to be TTC, but me and DF have know each other for over 5 years, and we both want it, and being all romantic, I couldn't imagine it with anyone else... so why wait?? I also have health problems, which will interfere when we can and cant be Baby Making in the future, (nothing major) so that has to be timed into it... lol!

Wishing you the best of luck. Also if you do temp - Fertility Friend is a great resource, and they have mobile app, so you can temp... and add it in immediately so you dont have to remember to write it down and input! (and then I can stalk your chart and see how well that monitor is doing! haha)

Hope to see many updates!

Rachael, Fiancée to Jack , Expecting Baby #1
~

June 4th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Regular
Oh! I love new fertility apps. I'll set it up and let you know what my username is
MrsBumble likes this.
August 4th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Hi ladies! Im a newbie and i saw where yall had posted about the apps you use. have either of you tried Ovia?
August 21st, 2014, 10:40 AM
Hey welcome to the forum. New myself
September 6th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Hey! I'm new here too. I'm 23 - married 3 years and been on Mirena IUD up until 8/20. Had it removed then because we decided TTC and then got a light 1 day AF 3 days later. I used dollar store OPK for about 5 days (cd 10-14) since I have no idea my cycle length and got a positive result yesterday. Now starting the TWW for HPT.. hoping for the best! --- best of luck to you guys as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliemccarty View Post
Hi ladies! Im a newbie and i saw where yall had posted about the apps you use. have either of you tried Ovia?

I started using OVIA about a week ago.. I really like it BUT it has so much extra stuff I don't keep track of. I like the plain ol' period tracker (the one with the icon of the circle with the #28 inside it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search