How long after you stop the pill.....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies....
I have a very random question. A co-worker of mine just ask me a question that I can't help her with. She and her DH are wanting to start a family and last month she stopped taking her BC. She hasn't had a period yet (her last one was 3/18). How long does it typically take (I know everyone is different) to get your period back? She's having some crazy symptoms, ie- MOODY!, tired, crampy, dizzyness, etc. My first instinct was to TEST. But, can it also be attributed to stopping the pill? So, my question is...how long does it usually take to get back in to a regular cycle after stopping the pill? I know her hormones can be out of whack due to not taking it anymore?!? I'm no good to answer this since I got pregnant while I was ON the pill! Any thoughts would be appreciated!

And...here's some **********baby dust************* for all of you
April 26th, 2005, 01:00 PM
BabyJsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i cant be much help but her symptoms are all things i am going through now and I am pregnant (just found out)... so tell her to test. I went off the pill after my period in march so I got pregnant in my first month TTC....that's why Im not much help on the getting back the period part, but it shouldn't be that irregular

Forever Missing our Angel Baby- Due December 28th, 2005, left us on May 30, 2005 after 8 weeks of joy.
April 26th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I conceived two weeks after stopping the pill. I was on the pill for 10 years. I'd say test . . . and again in a week if it comes back BFN.

April 26th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
Not to be a downer because she could be pregnant. However, when I stopped the pill after being on it for 10 years....I had major pg symptoms the first month. My period came right on time however and my cycle has been normal ever since but after 6 months I still have not conceived. Oh, I have also learned that stressing and thinking too much about being pregnant can make AF really late. I would wait a while longer and test maybe next week if AF has not shown.
April 26th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Super Mommy
I went off the Pill in February. You will experience some major symptons for a good month to three months. Month #1 is the worst it lessens from there. Some of the symptons....headaches (usually occur daily), stomach cramps, back aches, major mood swings, your sexual drive changes....some days you will crave sex 2-3 times a day, a few days later it is "get the hell away from me." Your breasts will become tender and your stomach can become bloated. Bascially, for about 3-4 weeks life sucks.

Recommendations:
o Comfort food...mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese are must haves. If that doesn't work a pint of Edy's Dreamery ice cream will do the trick.
o A husband with unbelievable patience.
o A really good masseuse
o Comfy clothes
o Trashy lingerie (for those days where you really, really need sex 2 and 3 times a day and hubby isn't keeping up.)
o Lots and lots of water....and Tylenol.
o Exercise

Stay away from:
o Guns (you will feel the need to use one).
o Salt
o People that you can barely put up with on a good day. *Please see "Guns" for a more detailed explanation.

Once you get your first period usually anywhere from 21 days to 38 days the symptons will subside. After month 2 or 3 your period should be back on track (26-32 days) and you should begin feeling a little better. It will take anywhere from 3-6 months for your system to get back on track. Just be patient and keep the pantry stocked with chocolate.

Dani

PS The longer on the Pill I think the worst the symptons are. Like Emily, I was on the Pill for 10 years so your friend's may not be as bad.
April 26th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
PS The longer on the Pill I think the worst the symptons are. Like Emily, I was on the Pill for 10 years so your friend's may not be as bad.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/quote]

She said she was on it for about 2 years. Her last period was almost 7 weeks (45 days) ago. I guess just time will tell.... thanks for all of the input ladies!
April 26th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well,

I was on BCP for 7yrs and it was hell getting off of them!

I had the symptoms that Dani listed, plus developed ovarian cysts which is very common because when you are on BCP you do not O, so when you come off of them your body is in shock kinda like getting the mill going again and produces cysts.

I would advise her to wait it out. Use a back up until af arrives. If she does not get it after 40 days call doc get a blood test then get provera.

Hope that helps!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search