Well we have got a game plan

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2005, 08:58 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me and James talked tonight, and faced reality that this once again might not be my month, but we are both only 20 so its not like this a huge rush to get pg.
The idea we are going to try for a bit is for me to throw out my calender where I keep track of CM, CP, and any symptoms etc. and to take my ticker off my signature, so I really don't have any idea of whenI am ovulating. I just get really tense during that time, try to do things right etc. and I think if we just did it whenever and didn't know whether it was the right time, just bding because we felt like we might have more luck! So I am just updating you guys for when my ticker suddenly disappears after next week (unless it is replaced by a 40 week ticker ) Thanks ladies for listening!!

*~baby dust~*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 4th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by K_A_T@May 4 2005, 08:58 PM
Me and James talked tonight, and faced reality that this once again might not be my month, but we are both only 20 so its not like this a huge rush to get pg.
The idea we are going to try for a bit is for me to throw out my calender where I keep track of CM, CP, and any symptoms etc. and to take my ticker off my signature, so I really don't have any idea of whenI am ovulating. I just get really tense during that time, try to do things right etc. and I think if we just did it whenever and didn't know whether it was the right time, just bding because we felt like we might have more luck! So I am just updating you guys for when my ticker suddenly disappears after next week (unless it is replaced by a 40 week ticker ) Thanks ladies for listening!!

*~baby dust~*

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Kat, that sounds like a good game plan! YOU ARE YOUNG, so you are right to not be in a rush. Just enjoy BDing and let nature take its course! Good luck to you and James....and *~*~*baby dust~*~*~*~ (if it's meant to be)
May 5th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Super Mommy
Kat,

I think that is a great idea. It is amazing how stress affects your body, especially when you are TTC. Us, women spend too much time concentrating on fertility charts, calendars, and when we are going to ovulate that we sometimes miss listening to our body and letting nature take its course. Give yourself a couple months just to relax and enjoy time with DH....you will probably be pregnant by the end of the second month.

Dani
May 5th, 2005, 07:11 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How are you KAT!!! I miss you not being on here much

I think that is great that you and SO talked about your TTC and have come to a mutual agreement and happy early birthday!!! Mine was 4/29 and I turned 30...yikes! J/K! And like you said you are very young and you do have lots of time and it will happen when it's meant to....deep down I know that's true! And you know what, you could time BD'ing to a tee and you still only have so much of a chance each month no matter how perfectly you timed when you O, so relaxing about it and just letting it naturally happen is a great thing to do...if it takes DH and I longer than 6-7 months to actively conceive we will probably just do the "relax and let it happen" method So far the only thing I do is check CM to see when I O, that's it, I don't want to get caught up in the temping, OPK's, CP, early testing, etc... because I know it will make me, and DH, nuts!

Good luck KAT and I hope you get a BFP this time! Once again I don't believe it's my month either because of the vacation we went on....got a couple BD'ing in but don't think it was at the "best" times... oh well we knew that would happen so we will get back in the game next time!

~~~~~~~BABY DUST~~~~~~~~
May 5th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of luck to you Kat! Enjoy the freedom of it all! No stress, just enjoy nature taking its course.
All the best to you. Lots of *****baby dust***** your way.

May 5th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Veteran
hey kat! i think you and james are definately doing the right thing! i am also only 20 (dh is 24) so we are not in any huge rush, and i dont think i could cope if i did all the calender charts etc... i think i would go insane!
dont get me wrong, dh and i both want a baby more than anything else in the world, but we dont want to get too stressed over it because we know that it will happen when the time is right - and only God knows when this will be!

wishing us both lots of **********baby dust*********** and a BFP this month!

xxxMxxx
May 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
I think that's a great idea Worrying about doing it "right" ect is very stressful, I hope you get your BFP very soon!!

Baby dust!!

P.S. Happy early Birthday!
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

May 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
KAT,

I have missed hearing from you! I think that is the best approach. DH and I took that approach last month. I gave up everything other than the OPK. No cp, cm (although hard to not notice), no bbt.... It was more fun around O time and my DH said he felt less pressured. I am not reading books, etc. I feel less stressed. Best wishes to you and James.

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
May 8th, 2005, 11:25 AM
dreaming_of_baby's Avatar cupcake monster
I think it's for the best. I honestly believe when women pressure themselves to get pregnant it makes it harder for them to concieve. Just throw it all away and let it happen. Buckets of baby dust.

May 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to cahorn
Hi Kat!
Everyone always says that it will happen when ya stop tryin so thats what me and Tre are doing now also. I'm only 21 we have plenty of time. But good luck and tons of baby dust!
May 9th, 2005, 05:53 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks guys for all of your support!! It means a lot. Sorry I haven't been around as much. I feel confident about my plan, and I am young so there in no need for me to rush things. ALTHOUGH I really really hope I don't have to put my plan into action!!! AF should be here by Wednesday or Thursday (not sure this month since AF came half a day early last month) anyways I hope everyone is doing good!!

*~baby dust~*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 11th, 2005, 01:50 AM
Super Mommy
Kat~

I really hope you don't have to follow your plan and you are able to put a 40 wk ticker at the bottom. It is best to try and relax when ttc. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully we see a ton of BFP's!! Good luck!!

My two beautiful babies!!
Talon Joseph Born: December 17, 2005 8 pounds 2 oz.
Kaylee Jo Born: December 6, 2006 7 pounds 11 oz.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search