M/C??

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Super Mommy
This happened 2 summers ago, but I figured I would ask you opinion. I rarely ever get any kind of cramping but this day was monsterous! I started having mild cramps and then as the hours went on it was so severe I would cry while I was lying down just because it hurt soooo much. I couldn't get up on my own and when I did get up, I could barely walk. I mean absolutly horendous! I've never ever been in so much pain. Well, I made my self get up to take a shower just in case my hubby had to take me to the ER. We had a hand held shower massager, so I massaged my abdomen with hot water and that seemed to really help. I was just wondering if this could have been a M/C? What do you think.

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other
May 5th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If you did you should have gone to the doc for a d&c, because not having that done can prevent you from getting preggers in the future. Not saying that was the case it could have been so many things! I hope it was not, and I hope that you will have a BFP soon!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
May 6th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mommy2bstl@May 5 2005, 07:03 PM
If you did you should have gone to the doc for a d&c, because not having that done can prevent you from getting preggers in the future.* Not saying that was the case it could have been so many things!* I hope it was not, and I hope that you will have a BFP soon!

Nicole
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Really? I have read before that many women have miscarriages and don't even realize it (when it happens before their first missed period. I didn't think you needed a D&C that soon in.

And as far as the original question - I am sorry I really don't know. I really hope everything works out for you.
May 6th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aprildc,
did you have any spotting? How long did the cramping last for? How many days have passed since this happened, 2 years?

May 6th, 2005, 02:14 PM
oicyur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by mommy2bstl@May 5 2005, 05:03 PM
If you did you should have gone to the doc for a d&c, because not having that done can prevent you from getting preggers in the future.* Not saying that was the case it could have been so many things!* I hope it was not, and I hope that you will have a BFP soon!

Nicole
[/quote]

Umm... I'm going to have to disagree with you, Nicole. I just had a mc last week and you only need a d&c if your body is having trouble getting rid of the tissue. You'll know that your body is having trouble getting rid of the tissue because you'll keep bleeding a ton and the cramping won't really go down. I didn't need a d&c bcuz I stopped bleeding after a couple of days.

Aprildc, you would have know if you had a mc. That intense cramping alone does not signify a mc. You would have also had a lot of bleeding. When I was prego my dr said not to worry about cramping unless it is accompanied by blood, and vise-versa. I used to wonder how much was to much blood and pain, but when I went through it I just KNEW. Blood gets clumpy and light red and there is just a ton of it! Your body is trying to get rid of the waste. Not everyone, however feels a lot of pain. I was one of the lucky ones who had to go to the ER bcuz I was in so much pain.
Anyway, I hope that helps. Good luck TTC!

Mom to Keira (6), Garrett (5), Libby (3), and William (8-29-12)
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
- Thomas Jefferson

May 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
idachick's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to idachick
Quote:
Originally posted by aprildc@May 5 2005, 06:00 PM
This happened 2 summers ago, but I figured I would ask you opinion. I rarely ever get any kind of cramping but this day was monsterous! I started having mild cramps and then as the hours went on it was so severe I would cry while I was lying down just because it hurt soooo much. I couldn't get up on my own and when I did get up, I could barely walk. I mean absolutly horendous! I've never ever been in so much pain. Well, I made my self get up to take a shower just in case my hubby had to take me to the ER. We had a hand held shower massager, so I massaged my abdomen with hot water and that seemed to really help. I was just wondering if this could have been a M/C? What do you think.
[/quote]

I would have to agree with some of the other gals that if there wasn't any blood, you probably didn't miscarry. However, I have had the monstrous cramping thing a few times and a possibility is that you could be low on magnesium and/or calcium-sometimes if you are low, it can really magnify the cramping to nearly unbearable. I have found that a warm bath and a nice long nap helps! Hope this helps a little bit.

May 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with most girls here, when I had my m/c when it was very early on I didn't know I was having it, I had severe cramps where I couldn't move etc. etc. just like you described but not long after they started the bleeding also started. If you haven't had any bleeding then I would guess that it wasn't a m/c.

*~baby dust~*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search