Knowing more about you. .

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2005, 03:05 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I feel so consumed with this baby thing, and since we all have more to us than just wanting to have a baby I thought it would be nice to learn more about eachother!

Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?:

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?:

What do you normally do on weekends?:

What shows do you watch religiously?:

What is your pet peeve:?

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?:

Well I hope this took your mind off things for a little bit at least!!

*~baby dust~*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

May 10th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I scrapbook! Its my new thing to help fill up some of my spare time.

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: I would really like to learn how to quilt, and just sew in general I guess lol, I think it would be nice to make my child's bedding and nursery decor.

What do you normally do on weekends?: We are so boring lol, mostly watch movies, go out for dinner or go to the movies.

What shows do you watch religiously?: CSI (L.A. and Miami, not NY), The OC, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover Home Edition ( Always makes me cry!)

What is your pet peeve?: Loud chewing, drives me nuts

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: Well in the house we are big hockey fans,,, TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS (I miss the NHL. . )

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Ok, well this isn't exactly a question, and it does have to do with TTC lol but you know the post icons you can use on your posts (the smilies etc.) I always have the urge to use the little green one that is making a puke face and then be able to post I have morning sickness,,, haha ok I am crazy I probably shouldn't have shared. . . .lol

May 10th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I've started scrapbooking too. I just got married in March, so it's fun to do with some wedding photos!

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: My DH wants to take up tennis and he's recruiting me to join him!

What do you normally do on weekends?: Go to dinner, movies, hang out with friends. We are just another boring married couple..

What shows do you watch religiously?: American Idol, Everybody Loves Raymond and Will & Grace

What is your pet peeve:? Slow drivers, people who interrupt me when I'm talking and I have to agree with KAT....I hate it when I can hear people chewing! There is a guy at work that I can hear chewing across the room! Now I want to go smack him!

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: Tampa Bay Buccaneer's/SF Giants...and I just might become a 49er Fan now that they drafted Alex Smith as QB (from U of Utah where I graduated)...and I live near SF, so maybe I could become a fan of a local team!
May 10th, 2005, 03:27 PM
I think most people can't stand loud chewing lol

I dabble in American Idol, I watch sometimes,,, I like Carrie Underwood.

What did you think of the big expose with Corey Clark???

May 10th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by K_A_T@May 10 2005, 02:27 PM

What did you think of the big expose with Corey Clark???

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I think it was great timing to promote his album and book! As far as if she really did it or not? I don't know. The phone records and voicemails are a little suspious though?!? I have always thought Paula was a little out there. I mean some of her mannerisms are so odd. Who knows. She did a cameo on SNL on Saturday night and made fun of herself. So who knows?
May 10th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I knit and sew some. I love photography and home renovation. DH and I just bought 2 homes to renovate, one is our house, the other is a rental, so that is going to have to be my only hobby for a while.

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: I'm not really going to have time to pick up anymore hobbies!

What do you normally do on weekends?: Make dinners, we used to bike ride with a group (we finished a 100 mile ride in March!), but haven't had time lately, house projects and shopping at IKEA!!!

What shows do you watch religiously?: The OC, CSI. Law and Order (I love SVU), Arrested Development

What is your pet peeve:? When my DH cleans his ears with my car key. Isn't that DISGUSTING! And people who complain about their situation, yet put themselves in it and do nothing about it.

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: I just like sports in general. I don't have any favorites, but I always cheer for a good game.

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Not yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

PS>>>Kat, the pukey face post icon I put on this post is just for you!

Mama to Rylee, Ayla and Baby #3!

Here comes trouble....

See what Mama LaFond has been doing lately....
www.mamalafond.blogspot.com
May 10th, 2005, 04:02 PM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I love to read!

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: I really want to get into scrapbooking

What do you normally do on weekends?: Walk our puppy, do stuff around the house, go for dinner, hang out with friends / family.

What shows do you watch religiously?: CSI - All of them, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Survivor, Amazing Race (finale tonight!!), King of Queens, Still Standing, My Wife & Kids etc.....

What is your pet peeve?: I have too many too name!

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: The Edmonton Oilers...but not right now

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Not a question, but I'd like to say the ladies on here are wonderful, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better!
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium
October 10 ~ FET
* Praying for a Healthy Baby (or two!!) *

May 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to cahorn
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I love to shop, read, swim, play video games, I can sew pretty well and do sometimes but I don't really enjoy it.

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: I'd like to learn to cook better!

What do you normally do on weekends?: Hang out with my girls cause Tre works all weekend

What shows do you watch religiously?: Oprah, Sex and the City (reruns )

What is your pet peeve:? At work when people don't fill out the entire order form, I seriously think they must think they are special and don't have to pay tax and shipping!

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: I'm a HUGE Kentucky Wildcat Basketball Fan! But I enjoy pretty much every sport!
May 10th, 2005, 07:13 PM
becnbear,, thanks!!! haha

cahorn- I also love cooking and baking,,, for some reason I didn't think of them as a hobby until you mentioned it!

May 11th, 2005, 05:10 AM
ericalaurel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ericalaurel
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: Well I'm a freelance writer, but in my spare time I like to write (working on children's books), and theatre (the technical side).

Are there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: I really, really want to learn how to knit. I think it would be so much fun to knit my friends these colorful scarves for Christmas!

What do you normally do on weekends?: I must confess-I am addicted to The Sims 2 (plus you can make babies in the game...lol) so I play that sometimes...mostly I just cuddle with DH and hang out with close friends-both DH and I work at home and kind of don't spend "quality time" the way we should even though we're here all the time.

What shows do you watch religiously?: Angel (reruns), CSI, Law and Order, Gilmore Girls, and Charmed

What is your pet peeve?: Hmmm...well there are quite a few. My biggest one of the moment are flamers. You know, those people who love to lurk on message boards and slam people instead of being helpful when someone asks a question? I've ran into a lot of that recently...not to me, but other people.

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: Not really-I love hockey, but that's kind of been a bust with my team (Predators). Plus I'm a pretty big Packers fan, but don't keep up with sports the way I used to.

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Mine DOES have to do with pregnancy...do ANY of you have experience (or know of someone who does) that has used the maternity care card? I am looking into it, but don't want to sign up until I've heard from other women whether or not it's worth it.

Sending buckets of baby dust to all of you...

May 11th, 2005, 07:43 AM
kimg's Avatar Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ericalaurel@May 11 2005, 06:10 AM
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?:* Well I'm a freelance writer, but in my spare time I like to write (working on children's books), and theatre (the technical side).

Are there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?:* I really, really want to learn how to knit.* I think it would be so much fun to knit my friends these colorful scarves for Christmas!

What do you normally do on weekends?: I must confess-I am addicted to The Sims 2 (plus you can make babies in the game...lol) so I play that sometimes...mostly I just cuddle with DH and hang out with close friends-both DH and I work at home and kind of don't spend "quality time" the way we should even though we're here all the time.

What shows do you watch religiously?: Angel (reruns), CSI, Law and Order, Gilmore Girls, and Charmed

What is your pet peeve?:* Hmmm...well there are quite a few.* My biggest one of the moment are flamers.* You know, those people who love to lurk on message boards and slam people instead of being helpful when someone asks a question?* I've ran into a lot of that recently...not to me, but other people.

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:* Not really-I love hockey, but that's kind of been a bust with my team (Predators).* Plus I'm a pretty big Packers fan, but don't keep up with sports the way I used to.

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Mine DOES have to do with pregnancy...do ANY of you have experience (or know of someone who does) that has used the maternity care card?* I am looking into it, but don't want to sign up until I've heard from other women whether or not it's worth it.

Sending buckets of baby dust to all of you...
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I rode horses competively until very recently (jumping). I also like to read and scrapbook.

I think that I would enjoy volunteering more...I need to get involved

What do you normally do on weekends?: Sleep in a little, take care of any chores or projects, go to movies, dinner, etc.

Gilmore Girls, Lost, Apprentice, Desperate Housewives

People who don't follow through on what they say they will do.

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:Not really, but I do watch OU play.

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?:No, But I really enjoy reading these boards. There is great information!

Wishing all you wonderful ladies lots of baby dust!
Kim
May 11th, 2005, 08:01 AM
**KELI**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I like to scrapbook or make wreaths

I would love to learn to knit or crochet

What do you normally do on weekends?: O.k. this is an odd one ..... My dad owns a race car! We spend most of our weekends at the races

Bachelor, Survivor, I love reality t.v.

People that are late!!!! My family is always early, DH family is chronically late

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:Love Nascar (especially Tony Stewart)

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?:??????????

Thanks to Julka for my Beautiful Siggy!!!
May 12th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: I really love traveling. I also like Poker. Also, learning....basically, anything...academics, construction, design. I don't like it when I can't do something.

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: This weekend I am going to learn how to put down hardwood floors...hubby is teaching me.

What do you normally do on weekends?: It all depends. Two weeks ago we went to the beach, last weekend we went to an auction, this weekend we are putting down flooring. Next week....who knows.

What shows do you watch religiously?: The O.C, American Idol, Modern Marvels, House Hunters.

What is your pet peeve?: Tailgaters, closemindness, people who don't take personal responsibility for their actions.

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?: The Oakland Raiders. I also like golf. Phil Mickelson is my favorite player.
May 12th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Super Mommy
Oh Dani, you sound like a woman from my own heart! I too am into learning everything! As I posted earlier, DH and I are remodeling 2 homes, something I have never done before, so I will also be learning to lay wood floors!
I cannot stand people who don't take responsibility! I personally know SO many people who put themselves into situations, and then complain about it, and on top of that don't do a ###### thing to fix it! It makes me CRAZY!!!!
Sorry, just had to get that out....

Mama to Rylee, Ayla and Baby #3!

Here comes trouble....

See what Mama LaFond has been doing lately....
www.mamalafond.blogspot.com
May 12th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?:
Hmm, not lately, except for reading. I would like to get back into rubber stamping.

Scrapbooking looks interesting

What do you normally do on weekends?:
Relax. Depends on whether or not SO is home. Currently, I am painting re-decorating the upstairs bathroom, so that occupies my time.

Gilmore Girls, I can't live without it. Thank God for re-runs everynight on W

Rude people

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:
Not really....I wish there was the NHL, play-offs would be right now... GO FLAMES GO!

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?:
Hmmm....why does your belly button smell sometimes??? :wink:

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
May 13th, 2005, 04:13 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you have any hobbies or do any crafts?: scrapbooking (i'm way behind), crochet, read, riding horses, photography

Is there any hobbies or crafts you are considering getting into?: knitting, sewing (I can sew a little, I just wish I could do more)

What do you normally do on weekends?: we just bought a house, so that's been enough to keep us busy,but I'd love to be able to realx with my DH

What shows do you watch religiously?:American Idol, Everybody loves Raymond, Friends (reruns), Dr. Phil (when I can, I'm not usually home from work in time)

What is your pet peeve:? Liars

Are you a big fan of any sports teams?:Nope

So you have any random question that might not even have to do with TTC that you would like to ask?: Can't think of anything right now
May 13th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Super Mommy
Becnbear,

We are two peas in a pod.

Congrats on your two homes. Hubby and I also have a fascination with renovations. We just bought our second house. I haven't decided if we are going to rent it or not or just fix it up and sell it. It is out of state so renting makes me a little nervous.

Best wishes.

Dani

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search