Fun ways to announce your pregnant

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2005, 06:18 PM
medicgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

I'm just wondering if you had any fun and interesting ways of telling your parents, husband, friends etc. that you were pregnant. I saw this cool idea on another site. You can get personalized fortune cookies with sayings like "Another branch is being added to your family tree" It would be so fun when the family realizes that everybody ended up with the same one! And then to watch them realize what it really means! You could also just give a new tree or plant with that saying.

Does anybody have any other ideas? I would like an idea of how to tell my husband when it happens, I want something other than showing him the pee stick!!
LOL!!
June 15th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the fortune cookie idea. That is so cute and original. My DH is a big-time LA Dodgers fan so I want to give him a little LA hat when our time finally comes.

<div align="center"></div>

June 16th, 2005, 09:33 PM
c_robinson19's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to c_robinson19 Send a message via Yahoo to c_robinson19
I was going to give him a card on fathers day, but sadly AF came yesterday. If I happen to get PG next month, Im going to make him a dinner, with little baby foods, like baby back ribs, baby peas, baby corn, you get the idea, and see if he can figure it out.
June 18th, 2005, 04:33 PM
marie2001
I have 2 favorites:

1. Create an email account for the baby. Send a message that reads something like this: "hi daddy. Can't wait to meet you in 8 mos! I love you!" etc...

or

2. Prepare a dinner for DH or whoever. Make all of the food "baby". For example, serve baby carrots with baby shrimp, etc. Wait and see if they realize whats going on...
June 18th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to wannabeamommy Send a message via Yahoo to wannabeamommy
if i get a BFP i am gonna write HI Daddy!From baby Morgan in lipstick on the bathroom mirror for when he goes to the bathroom.

June 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
baccalynnwv's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
visiting from the October DDC. We bought little baby outfits for the grandparents. I can't rememeber how we gave it to them. I think we asked for an opinionon an outfit we had just bought or something,,,acting like it was for one of us. My MIL started crying when we told her about my son Ayden. My mom on the other hand, just kind of stood there emotionless for a few minutes until it kicked in. LOL. It was funny...

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center">Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6</div>
June 20th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by medicgirl@Jun 15 2005, 06:18 PM
Hi!

* I'm just wondering if you had any fun and interesting ways of telling your parents, husband, friends etc. that you were pregnant.* I saw this cool idea on another site.* You can get personalized fortune cookies with sayings like* "Another branch is being added to your family tree"* It would be so fun when the family realizes that everybody ended up with the same one!* And then to watch them realize what it really means!* You could also just give a new tree or plant with that saying.

* Does anybody have any other ideas?* I would like an idea of how to tell my husband when it happens, I want something other than showing him the pee stick!!
LOL!!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That's a great idea! Do you know what website it was??
June 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oops...didn't mean to post twice!
June 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
sanderson76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to sanderson76
Those are some neat ideas. I love the fortune cookie one though

MY BLOG

June 21st, 2005, 01:52 PM
angelltn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My brother was lucky to have the first baby of the family. He called everyone one by one calling them by their new titles. I was so excited when he said "Hi auntie Beth"

I also had friends that gave their parents frames for x-mas that said "I love my grandmother/grandfather"
June 22nd, 2005, 08:04 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those are great ideas,, I like the fortune cookies one. I don't think the whole making a dinner with baby themed food would work for us,, I really don't think James would have noticed lol.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

June 28th, 2005, 05:44 PM
kovi's Avatar Regular
Amanda? Your hubby loves hockey too? If you can't find the hat you can always get a small hockey jersey. I know some places around here that sell them.

My FF Chart...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search