Lets get to know everyone

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 25th, 2005, 01:56 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that lately we have had a few members leave and a few members join (yay!) so I thought it would be nice that everyone gets acquainted again!

How many months TTC #1?

What does your member name mean?

Do you have any phobias?

What is your biggest pet peeves?

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why?

How old is your dh/so?

Did your parents name you after anyone?

How often do you call your parents?

How many brothers and sisters do you have?

What are your parents names?

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know?

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

June 25th, 2005, 02:32 PM
*~Jen~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I guess this is as good a place as any for my first post here.

How many months TTC #1? We decided to start trying this month, but I'm pretty sure it was too late to conceive (around CD 17 or 18), so I guess next month will be our first month. I've been off the pill since April

What does your member name mean? Dobler...as in Lloyd Dobler. Say Anything is my most favorite movie ever.

Do you have any phobias? needles....getting blood drawn. Gotta get over that one soon.

What is your biggest pet peeves? when people make excuses instead of fixing the problem.

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? suburban cause that's where I grew up and live now.

How old is your dh/so? DH is 28

Did your parents name you after anyone? Ruth my middle name was my great-grandmother's name

How often do you call your parents? At least 3 times a week...sometimes more

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 1 brother, 1 sister

What are your parents names? Charley & Linda

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? Well, since this is my first post, no one knows me....so there's lots to pick from. I guess the thing people are most surprised to find out about me is that I'm a HUGE HUGE HUGE baseball fan...Go Cards!!

June 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the board!!
When me and SO started TTC we also decided to one month when I was already past the time I could conceive.

Best of luck TTC,,,,, *~baby dust~*

June 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How many months TTC #1? This is my fourth

What does your member name mean? I stole it from my friend - I thought it was pretty

Do you have any phobias? I am terrified of snakes

How old is your dh/so? I am doing this solo

Did your parents name you after anyone? Yes, I was named Lilah after my great-grandmother (I later took her last name as well

How often do you call your parents? I speak with my mother a few times a week (I no longer have any communication with my father)

How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have one sister who is five years older and one step-sister who is 4 years older

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? Just about everyone knows this but I will repeat it for those who don't - I am being artificially inseminated.
June 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM
monkhester
How many months TTC #1? 6

What does your member name mean? Nothing special. My last name and first initials of first and middle names.

Do you have any phobias? Dust and dirt

What is your biggest pet peeves? When someone responses with "Whatevvverr!"

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural. To be away from the noise of the city.

How old is your dh/so? 31. 13 years younger than I am.

Did your parents name you after anyone? Named after the midwife.

How often do you call your parents? Mom is dead. Call my father about once a year.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 7 siblings: 3 brothers, 3 sisters. 3 older and 3 younger.

What are your parents names? Mother=Ethel, Father=Eddie

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I started TTC in Feb of this year by advertising for a sperm donor and ended up marrying the donor on July 23. Who knew?
June 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by walkergm@Jun 25 2005, 09:11 PM
What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I started TTC in Feb of this year by advertising for a sperm donor and ended up marrying the donor on July 23. Who knew?
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
WOW! Oh my goodness, I didn't know that! That is SO amazing! ::still shaking head:: Cool! B)
June 25th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What does your member name mean?I like dasies and they make me happy. I don't I've had that as an email address for years.

Do you have any phobias? not really, fear of failure

What is your biggest pet peeves? when dh doesn't fill the ice trays up or water pitcher. I guess when people wine or beg.

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? rual or suburb. more quite not so busy

How old is your dh/so? 30

Did your parents name you after anyone? no

How often do you call your parents? daily if not everyother day

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 2 half sisters and 3 brothers

What are your parents names? DeAnn Rodney/Mike

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I am a scorpio, Nursing student, and I like to think about things rationally
June 25th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How many months TTC #1? This is my fourth
June 25th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally posted by walkergm@Jun 25 2005, 10:11 PM
How many months TTC #1? 6

What does your member name mean? Nothing special. My last name and first initials of first and middle names.

Do you have any phobias? Dust and dirt

What is your biggest pet peeves? When someone responses with "Whatevvverr!"

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural. To be away from the noise of the city.

How old is your dh/so? 31. 13 years younger than I am.

Did your parents name you after anyone? Named after the midwife.

How often do you call your parents? Mom is dead. Call my father about once a year.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 7 siblings: 3 brothers, 3 sisters. 3 older and 3 younger.

What are your parents names? Mother=Ethel, Father=Eddie

[/quote]

Our anniversary is July 24th.
June 26th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Jynnie-Pooh's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to Jynnie-Pooh
How many months TTC #1? not to long

What does your member name mean? Don't really know where I thought of it from, just thought it was cute.

Do you have any phobias? I'm scared of heights, planes, small spaces, spiders...the list goes on

What is your biggest pet peeves? imperfection! Anything that is out of alignment makes me nervous.

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why?Rural area because that is where I grew up and it is peaceful.

How old is your dh/so? 18

Did your parents name you after anyone? Half my name (Ruth) comes from the book of the Bible and the other half (ann) comes from someone my mom once knew, which creates my name Ruthann!

How often do you call your parents? I talk to my mom almost everyday but she usually calls me.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? One older sister and one older brother

What are your parents names? Samson & Sonia

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I love being artistic and I love artistic pieces

The day I lost my little angel, even heaven cried...
June 27th, 2005, 05:42 AM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many months TTC #1? 2nd month

What does your member name mean? My maiden name is Carrie Barrett. Growing up, my now DH, would tease me and reverse the names and call me Barry Carrot.

Do you have any phobias? Not really. I'm not big on being in small enclosed spaces though

What is your biggest pet peeves? slow drivers

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural all the way - prefer to have NO neighbors. Just love the quiet and privacy it offers

How old is your dh/so? 28

Did your parents name you after anyone? Nope

How often do you call your parents? i talk to my mom about 2-3 times a day! I talk to Dad about once a week (he's not a big phone person)

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 2 brothers. One older, one younger

What are your parents names? Janice and George

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I'm a "country" girl. I'll be proud to walk around barefoot and pregnant (if i can ever get pregnant!). I like dirtbikes, jacked up trucks, country music - the whole shabang!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

June 27th, 2005, 08:25 AM
baner
How many months TTC #1? 2 months (April)

What does your member name mean? My last name is Bane (friends call me Bane or Baner)

Do you have any phobias? Spides,Snakes and Bugs

What is your biggest pet peeves? Eating your drive through food in the car before you get home! Don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does!

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural, quiet, small and better enviroment to raise children in, I think!

How old is your dh/so? 23 (DH)

Did your parents name you after anyone? My Mom heard my name on a soap opera and loved it. (Addie)

How often do you call your parents? Everyday

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 3 brothers 1 sister

What are your parents names? Dad-Roger Mom- Lois

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I have a HUGE extended family! My Dad has 11 siblings, half of them are nuns or priests. My Dad is a deacon. I love big families!!
June 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Wow congrats walkergm,, I had no idea!!!

June 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How many months TTC #1?
one

What does your member name mean?
thunder is one of my dogs' names

Do you have any phobias?
pushing shopping carts

What is your biggest pet peeves?

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why?
suburban - schools, safety, more house for you $

How old is your dh/so?

Did your parents name you after anyone?
a soap opera character

How often do you call your parents?
1-3 times per week

How many brothers and sisters do you have?
1 brother 1 bil 1sil

What are your parents names?
Bill and Sheryl

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know?
i found a finger bone while on a dig in Belize

<div align="center"></div>

June 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM
pamsue's Avatar Veteran
How many months TTC #1? 1st month "actively" trying; been off BCP since March

What does your member name mean? combination of my first and middle name

Do you have any phobias? heights

What is your biggest pet peeves? When DH doesn't turn off the bathroom light!
Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural - where I grew up; not so busy and more quiet

How old is your dh/so? 26

Did your parents name you after anyone? no, just wanted a name that when people said it, they knew it was a girl (my dad's funny that way )

How often do you call your parents? not very often, they usually call me every other week

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 1 brother (2 years younger)

What are your parents names? Ed & Myrna

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? Most people don't know that I have a terrible temper! (usually I'm very sweet natured!) I'm also a big art history buff.
June 28th, 2005, 04:22 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How many months TTC #1? almost 4

What does your member name mean? I like daisies , the numbers dont mean anything

Do you have any phobias? not really

What is your biggest pet peeves? slow drivers

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural

How old is your dh/so? 26

Did your parents name you after anyone? nope

How often do you call your parents? mom 3-4 times a day!!! dad-once a week

How many brothers and sisters do you have?1 brother

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I'm a simple girl, prefer being at home (out in the country) or in the mountains. I HATE going shopping or into the city for pretty much anything.
June 28th, 2005, 04:38 PM
kovi's Avatar Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by walkergm@Jun 25 2005, 11:11 PM
[/quote]

Wow!!!!!! Now, that's a story to tell the kids!

My FF Chart...
June 28th, 2005, 04:52 PM
kovi's Avatar Regular
How many months TTC #1? 3

What does your member name mean? It's taken from the name of my favorite hockey player. I met my DH through hockey.

Do you have any phobias? None that I can think of right off hand....

What is your biggest pet peeves? People that stand RIGHT behind you in a checkout line. Like they are going to get through the line any faster that way?

Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? Rural I grew up in a rural area. I love to see nature. Right now, my next door neighbors are sheep. How cool is that?

How old is your dh/so? 31

Did your parents name you after anyone? Nope

How often do you call your parents? Depending on how busy I am, 1-3 times a week.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 2 older brothers, one younger sister

What are your parents names? Glenn and Veronica

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? Hmmmm. After meeting my hubby for the first time, we both bought tickets separately for an upcoming NHL playoff game that was sold out. It was very hard to come by tickets. Well, the arena sat over 17,300 people. Imagine my surprise when my ticket was for a seat that was the same seat # and exactly 3 rows in front of my DH. Out of all the places I could sit I was sitting oly 5 feet away from my DH.

My FF Chart...
June 28th, 2005, 08:42 PM
c_robinson19's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to c_robinson19 Send a message via Yahoo to c_robinson19
How many months TTC #1? 2 months

What does your member name mean? my name and age!

Do you have any phobias?Heights. Being alone

What is your biggest pet peeves? When DH dirtys a dish after ive just washed them.
Would you prefer to live in an urban, suburban, or rural area; and why? At this point i dont care as long as i have my DH and air!

How old is your dh/so? 20

Did your parents name you after anyone? Sister named me, but she wanted a really southern name so Courtni Nicole came about.

How often do you call your parents? at least 2 time a day.

How many brothers and sisters do you have? 1 older sister, Brandy

What are your parents names? Freda and Terrence

What is one interesting thing about yourself that we don't already know? I was there for both the births of my nephew and neice, and i caught my little Reagon,(neice), doctor asked if my BIL wanted to and he said no and i pipped up and said i would. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search