Are You Thinking About Prenatal Care and Birth Yet?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If so, what do you want at the moment? What approach seems most interesting to you (whether it's the one you'd choose or just one you find interesting)?

If not when do you plan to start thinking about what kind of pregnancy and birth you'd like?

</div>
February 6th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Beaker's Avatar My boys are adorable
I have been considering natural child birth. My MIL and mom did it more than once, so I have been tempted. I feel very in tune with my body and I want to have that during the birth (I might change my mind during labor ).

Earn giftcards and more with Swagbucks!

February 6th, 2007, 08:29 AM
klfc28
I keep going back and forth. I know I won't do the whole natural midwife way. I will be at the army hospital if we are still living where we are now.

I thought I wanted a c-section because the thought of pushing and possibly tearing along with god knows how many people all up in my business makes me very uncomfortable. I have a hard enough time with paps.

But the thought of them cutting my stomach, leaving a scar, and reducing my chances of getting a somewhat decent figure back makes me think twice on that.

I have an extremely small pelvis area, so I fear that I will end up with a c-section. Because even using the smallest speculum hurts me. I can't imagine it would get that much bigger during pregnancy.

Yesterday, for some odd reason I got comfortable with the pushing it out.

Who knows! All I know is that it will be DH in the room and NO ONE else! (besides the doc and nurses of course!)

I am thinking of asking for alternative pain meds because I am seriously not comfortable with the idea of them sticking a needle in my spine.
February 6th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Super Mommy
IF it ever happens, I will most definitely be in the hospital with any drug that will help. Although, I have already told my DH that he is not allowed to be past my shoulders and NOBODY else that I know will be present. They can all wait outside like in the '50's.
TTC#1 since 9/06</span>

View my chart please!
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1880f0
February 6th, 2007, 09:02 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Quote:
I am thinking of asking for alternative pain meds because I am seriously not comfortable with the idea of them sticking a needle in my spine.[/b]
Im exactly the same way... I have needle phobia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it!!!! My mom and other friends explained the epidural and it makes me cringe and get really nervous!!!!!

With my luck I probably will have C-sect... my family has history of C-sect!
February 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to try a natural child birth. I have a high pain tolerence and I want to see if I can do it without any meds or anything.

February 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love to go natural but I have a feeling I will be having an epidural!!!!

TTC #1 since 2003
12/09- Diagnosed with Adenomyosis and uterine septum
2/2010-Surgery to remove uterine septum
10/19/10 - First IUI w/femara- BFN
11/17/10 - 2nd IUI w/femara,HCG- BFN

1/8/11 - 3rd IUI w/femara,HCG- BFN
2/3/11 - 4th IUI w/femara,HCG- ...

My Ovulation Chart

February 6th, 2007, 10:15 AM
AMCM's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AMCM
I wish I could go natural but I've had some bad AF cramps this week and wanted an epidural.

February 6th, 2007, 11:15 AM
Kimber77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kimber77
I'll admit it...I am the BIGGEST wimp when it comes to pain. So i'll be saying bring on the meds and i'll be at the hospital. Although the thought of the epideral needle does scare me.

Big brother Gage welcomes Karli Elizabeth 7 lbs 14 oz 20 inches on 8/1/11

February 6th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
Bring on the epidural!!! I don't want to be in so much pain that I can't enjoy the moment. I watched my sister laugh between pushes and she had a great birth experience. I hope I don't have to have a C/S because I want the whole delivery experience minus the pain!
February 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM
anoushka's Avatar Super Mommy
Natural Birth Is the Best and We can get back to our natural selves soon after that.

I 'll try my best to have a natural birth.Though I know that I have been very less tolerant to Menstrual cramps...But lets see.I am firmly determined for that unless God Forbid any complications arise!

The only TIP I know for that is - KEEP an ACTIVE Lifestyle when you are pregnant!

A simple walk 2wice a day can give nicer results.That's what all of my friends and elders say!Most of them were active(Cooking , A lot of walking,shopping ,House cleaning etc) till the day before delivary!

I'll try that(If possible ) and any other authentic advice I'll get related to it!

-Anoushka

February 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
no epidural for me! ouch!! i know that is a short pain, but thats one BIG needle. I hate getting blood tests! LOL!! My sisters, Mum and most people i know have done natural, so i will too. It's all part of the experience, and i know it'll be worth it. I am probably going for a waterbirth though, as my sisters have those, and they wouldn't ever go another way.

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

February 6th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Stara's Avatar Super Mommy
As soon as I find out I'm pregnant (If it ever happens ) I'm asking for an epidural! I hate needles, but I hate pain even more. I'm just really hopeing I can push a baby out at all though. I was 9lbs 3oz and DH was over 10lbs. Kinda worried about that.

Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved. Victor Hugo
February 6th, 2007, 09:00 PM
mouse_1203's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought I would have an epidural. Now, after reading things here, I'm considering natural, and possibly home. I think DH will support the natural, not sure about the home birth though. I have much more research to do.

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/189e0d" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Acadia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want an unassisted home birth. So obviously that would be natural. I won't be giving myself an epidural or IV, after all!

</div>
February 7th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had given it no thought... except this I know:
my bestfriend has had 2 babies, 1 naturally and 1 with an epidural. She said she felt better & ercovered faster &the baby was more alert etc after the natural birth.
I tend to want to go towards that for myself, but I also know this:
Turns out I have a low pain threshold & I heal very slowly. In the past I have had a broken arm & it took twice as long to heal as they said (had to have the cast put back on for another 6 weeks)
I had an emergency lap-apendectomy and it took me 4 weeks to feel better (they say it should only take 1-2)... I always catch every flu bug, get every complication with anything... I am the only person i know who's had scarlet fever, bursitis in my hip, Iget infections fromhaving the iv... (blood clots) I've had a blood infection, boils on my firehead... when I had eye surgery it was supposed to heal in 48 hours it took me 2 weeks!! I have had so many problems... it's always something....

So I am scared to death of a c-section... due to my pas abdominal surgery... couldn't pee for 3 weeks without crying... I couldn't even bend down to wipe myself!!!! I couldn't sit up for 4 weeks comfortably without pain...
So let's be honest here... I am scred to death of childbirth... so I don't know what to do and that's prob why I haven't thoguht about it yet.
I also think its best for me to have the baby in the hospital due to my bad medical history....

February 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
star24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I had given it no thought... except this I know:
my bestfriend has had 2 babies, 1 naturally and 1 with an epidural. She said she felt better & ercovered faster &the baby was more alert etc after the natural birth.
I tend to want to go towards that for myself, but I also know this:
Turns out I have a low pain threshold & I heal very slowly. In the past I have had a broken arm & it took twice as long to heal as they said (had to have the cast put back on for another 6 weeks)
I had an emergency lap-apendectomy and it took me 4 weeks to feel better (they say it should only take 1-2)... I always catch every flu bug, get every complication with anything... I am the only person i know who's had scarlet fever, bursitis in my hip, Iget infections fromhaving the iv... (blood clots) I've had a blood infection, boils on my firehead... when I had eye surgery it was supposed to heal in 48 hours it took me 2 weeks!! I have had so many problems... it's always something....

So I am scared to death of a c-section... due to my pas abdominal surgery... couldn't pee for 3 weeks without crying... I couldn't even bend down to wipe myself!!!! I couldn't sit up for 4 weeks comfortably without pain...
So let's be honest here... I am scred to death of childbirth... so I don't know what to do and that's prob why I haven't thoguht about it yet.
I also think its best for me to have the baby in the hospital due to my bad medical history....[/b]
I agree with the hospital birth. Thats definetly a good way especially if you have a proven medical record. Sorry about all those problems. I hope that your birth is not as complicated as the your past history with health:-( whatever happens you will have a beautiful baby after it all:-)

<span style="font-family:Lucida Sans Unicode">Sienna born to Cole and Janna- Jan 2 08'</span>

February 7th, 2007, 01:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks star24! I totally take after my dad who has so manyhealth issues. But I was lucky enough to be spared the Protein S deficiency (I had genetic testing last year to be sure because his doc said 3 of his 4 kids should have it) that causes blood clotting... so am thankful for that!
My health & genetics is the main reason why I'm such an excercise & nutrition nut!!
DH has excellent genes.... we both hope our babies get my looks and his health LOLOLOL! (but yes dh is a cutie! He just says I'm 'extra' cute, LOL)

February 8th, 2007, 01:38 AM
proudarmywife
I am taking prenatals and folic acid already as advised by my doc. As far as birthing goes, we've been trying soo hard that once we finally get our little one, I am going to enjoy every minute of labor naturally.
February 8th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Charmed64's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hmm.. this is an interesting topic.. I know for darn sure i dont want a C-section.. unless there is somthing wrong with the baby, no way no how do I want that!! Natural birth sounds pretty painful but I have a very high tolerance, I also agree with twoskies about feeling very intune with my body, I think I would be afraid something would go wrong and I couldn't feel it.. That would worry me.. I also know I do not want an epsiotomy (sp?) My friend had one and it took her twice as long to heal from that than my other friend who didn't have one.

as far as prenatal care thats easy.. I will do everything my DR tells me to do! (within reason)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search