TTC and Birth Control

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2005, 10:48 PM
JaimeA's Avatar Regular
How long are you supposed to be off Birth Control before you get pregnant???

August 1st, 2005, 05:04 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My Dr. told me that I could start TTC as soon as I quit taking my birth control. Some people say you should be off for a few months, but if people get pregnant while on birth control it shouldn't matter right?? That's just the way my Dr. put it to me.
August 1st, 2005, 07:49 AM
diane66
My Dr told me to get AF right after stopping the pill, then wait for another month to go by, get another AF then start....
But I've read varying opinions...I'm sure you can start right away, but you probably still have the bcp hormones in your system
GOOD LUCK!
August 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Hi all

I have been posting on the other board. My doctor told me a good 3 months after the pill

Laura
August 4th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Regular
My OB told me no need to wait-if your cycle is irregular after stopping BCP it just makes it a little harder to calculate your due date.
August 10th, 2005, 11:42 PM
beck12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Dr told me no need to wait either, & got got pg on the 2nd cycle, but then mc'd. So if I had it ti do over, I'd probably wait because I questioned EVERYTHING I did when I mc'd & at least I'd be sure that all of those chemicals had been out of my system... I KNOW logically nothing probably caused this to happen, but it's hard when it feels like it must have been something - JMHO.

If a man has been his mother's undisputed darling he retains throughout life the triumphant feeling, the confidence in success, which not seldom brings actual success along with it. ~Sigmund Freud
My mom is a neverending song in my heart of comfort, happiness, and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune. ~Graycie Harmon
Don't wait to make your son a great man - make him a great boy. ~Author Unknown
You don't raise heroes, you raise sons. And if you treat them like sons, they'll turn out to be heroes, even if it's just in your own eyes. ~Walter M. Schirra, Sr.
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb
Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~Erich Fromm
Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it. - Harold Hulbert
Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb
The best conversations with mothers always take place in silence, when only the heart speaks. ~Carrie Latet

August 11th, 2005, 06:27 AM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was told to wait, but i started anyway. I'm at the end of the three month waiting period now and my system is still trying to get back to normal.

Good Luck to you!

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

August 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Regular
My OBGYN said no need to wait- it just makes "dating" the baby a little trickier if your cycles aren't regular at first. I went off BCP in May and my first two cycles were 39 and 37 days (we BD'd at the wrong time! Who knew they would be so long). So far this cycle CD 37 and waiting......

So it may take a few cycles to know how long your "normal"cycle off BCP is, but there's no medical reason to wait.
August 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have never been on B/C, but from what I understand it can take some time for your body to adjust to not being on them any longer - but everyone is different and some find themselves pregnant the first cycle they are off. Either way I don't see why you cannot start trying now - I have never heard that you should be off it for a period of time before TTCing. Good luck!
August 22nd, 2005, 03:01 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Quote:
Originally posted by JaimeA@Jul 31 2005, 11:48 PM
How long are you supposed to be off Birth Control before you get pregnant???
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

I concieved as soon as I stopped the b.c. My doc said it didn't matter either. Although, my first pregnancy ended in m.c. I don't really think the b.c. pill had anything to do with it. I was only on the b.c. for 5 months or so.

I know a few people who it took a while for their body to adjust, but they were on the b.c for years.
If you look at the board unplanned pregnancys (its within just mommies) their is a bunch of girls who posted their answers about the B.C.. I thought it was very intresting and put me at ease about the m.c. and ttc.

If you think about it.. You take one pill a day, if you only took the pill 1 time a week for it to work, then its a stronger dose. So it works for longer,

v.s. the pill
you take it once a day, it may only be in your system for that one day

Hope this helps
Rachael
Check out the unplanned pregnancy board the question had been posted a few weeks ago, so you may have to do a word search for it

</div>
August 31st, 2005, 10:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
My OB doesn;t know I stopped my BC. I am looking for a new one..i didn't care for her much. Anyway, This is my second cycle off the pill and I took it for 7 months. My body still isn't back to normal, this cycle lasted 46 days....oh well atleast its over now..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search