I just wanted to see if I could get a little more

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2005, 11:01 AM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Ok, I know I am probably crazy even trying to concieve raight away after 2 m.c. but its not that were trying, just how it has seemed to happen. I am a little scared but much too earily to even think about being prego.

Thur, I peed on a stick for ovulation, the test line was a little lighter than the Control line, I peed earily in the am. I've tested before, and their has been absolutly no test line at all, just the control line. Which = no surge.
Wednsday night, we had nookie, could this have been too soon? Why would thier be a slightly the same color this day, and none last week?? Ok so no surge last week, but with a little color almost matching the control line,===little surge?

then Fri am. we had nookie, i tested first thing, and the control line and test line were pretty much the same color, am I at my max surge?? Have I already ovulated? I don;t know I guess I am looking for other peoples expierence with these opk's. I was going to test again this afternoon. Someone just told me that by the time you see the same color lines its already too late??
Which would make me on time?

Does the "spermies" always live for 3 days, or is it up to three days? I know everyone is different, but, its it possible for them to die the same day?

Rachael Thank you

</div>
August 19th, 2005, 11:41 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Whoever told you that once you see the same color lines it is too late is wrong - if the lines are the same color or the test line is darker than the control line that is a positive test - which means your LH is surging and you are likely to O in the next 12 to 48 hours.

My experience has been I have gotten + OPKs for 1 to 2 days and the day I O I actually get a - on my OPK.

I think you are in great shape - I would keep BDing for the next couple of days (either everyday or every 36 hours).

Good luck - I hope you catch the eggie - lots of baby and sticky dust!
August 19th, 2005, 12:08 PM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by 1234rachael@Aug 19 2005, 12:01 PM
Does the "spermies" always live for 3 days, or is it up to three days? I know everyone is different, but, its it possible for them to die the same day?

Rachael * Thank you
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

To answer your question about the sperm...no they don't always live 3 days, but if they are in good EWCM then they can live 3-5 days...that's why it's so imortant to BD on days you have good CM (egg-white, creamy, watery, etc...) Out of all that sperm many will survive only minutes, many only hours, and hopefully many for days...just depends on the health of the sperm and the amount of fertile CM there is to help keep them alive and thriving to make the journey through the cervix. Good luck!
August 19th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My experience has been the same as DreamChaser's. I have only been doing OPK for a few months. I was told the same thing...if you get a positive result, then O will likely take place withint eh next 12 to 48 hours. I think you are doing fine. Hang in there and keep on BDing!!!
August 22nd, 2005, 01:54 PM
1234rachael's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to 1234rachael
Thank you for all of your feed back, I really appericated it.
I did have nookie 4 times this past week I am thinking positive, its hard. I really couldn't tell the stupid shades of purple, does anyone know if their is a okp that the control line is pink and the test line is purple or something like that?? The colors being completely different would really take the guess work out of all of it.
I think if you look at the two lines too long you'll begin to see things shades that were not their.
I know you should wait e.o. day, but I couldn't I had it Fri, Sat, and Sun. I think I covered my basis, I had it seemed like alot of CM those days, and I was around day 14 so if nothing else, I was in the ball park of day, cm was good, the shades of purple well forget about it.!!
I hope my track was on schedule I really do, because I've had 2 m.c., and the most recent one Aug 6, so I really hope it just got on track because that will mean I've done it right

Thanks again to all
Rachael

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search