Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Hi all,
Just wanted to jump in and say Hi. I've been lurking here for about 2 months now, after a friend referred me to this site. My husband and I decided to stop the pill back in July and start TTC. I was on the pill for 10 years. I am now 25. I never wanted children before the decision. I was adamant about that. I am from a family of 8 so by the time I was 9 my oldest sister already had a baby, so I naturally became the babysitter. So, all those babies and all that babysitting turned me off to kids. But, I feel that now God has began to change my heart, not to mention I have a fabulous supportive DH that wanted kids from the start. I am very scared, but also excited. Just wanted to let you guys know how much I appreciate u and this site.. It's GREAT. I have gained so much valuable info. Again.. Thanks

Mary
August 26th, 2005, 01:23 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to JM! I was an aunt at age 9 too (my oldest brother was 15 years older than me). I am sure you will find everyone here careing and helpful. Good luck to you and I hope your TTC journey is short and sweet!
August 26th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome aboard!!
Hopefully your stay in TTC is short and sweet!

"Nothing in this world worth having is easy"
August 26th, 2005, 02:45 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM! I'm a fellow lurking too but I have decided to become more active because everyone on this website is so friendly. I hope you will be switching to a DDC board soon

August 26th, 2005, 02:54 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Welcome and best of luck!

My new baby sister came into the world as an aunt in March!!! I turned 28 a month after she was born! My brother is younger than I am and has a 2 y.o. and a baby born a month and a half after our little sis! My dad (54, wife 37) apparently still refers to ME as her aunt!!!

August 26th, 2005, 06:30 PM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome to JustMommies. I hope your stay on the TTC boards are short and sweet.
Good Luck and Babydust
August 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM
medicgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!! Welcome! I wish I had as much experience as you! I am the youngest and have never been around babies, well hardly. I just know I am going to be scared to death! I just hope some maternal instincts kick in!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search