First Child at 19???

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 31st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Regular
[I][FONT=Impact][COLOR=purple] Theres nothing like your own baby. I want mine, yet im only 19. My fiance is 20. I work and go to college. I plant 2 graduate sept. 2006. I know im not financialy stable and i need to wait, but yet..i want that special litto one to be apart of my family already..any advice from mothers who have been through this, or anyone with some advice???
August 31st, 2005, 07:27 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Check out the waiting to try board

http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...?showforum=108

August 31st, 2005, 07:43 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started trying for #1 when I was 19...... I felt 100% sure I was ready, and still feel that way. My boyfriend has a good steady job and I am done college. Its up to you, if you feel you are ready then go for it,, but if you have any doubts you need to wait.

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

August 31st, 2005, 07:45 PM
*Ade*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I couldnt wait since I was like 18-we got pregnant when I was 20(about a month before I turned 21) and are expecting our first in Feb. If you feel that you are ready, go for it, but if you have any doubts, you should wait!

August 31st, 2005, 07:55 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies - it is a personal choice that you and your fiance will have to make - you'll need to way your desires for a child verses your doubts (lets face it none of us feel 100% prepared). Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Also I wanted to welcome you to JM! Should you decide to TTC you are of course welcome here and their is a board dedicated to Teen Mommies as well. Should you decide to wait there is also a board dedicated to waiting. I am sure you will enjoy it here.
August 31st, 2005, 07:58 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to MrsFuhrman05 Send a message via Yahoo to MrsFuhrman05
Quote:
Originally posted by ezekiel808@Aug 31 2005, 08:17 PM
[I][FONT=Impact][COLOR=purple] Theres nothing like your own baby. I want mine, yet im only 19. My fiance is 20. I work and go to college.* I plant 2 graduate sept. 2006. I know im not financialy stable and i need to wait, but yet..i want that special litto one to be apart of my family already..any advice from mothers who have been through this, or anyone with some advice???
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

yea hun that one's up to you... i had my first at 17 and things worked out great i waited a while now i'm 22 ttt #2 good luck sweetie you do what you feels best for you...this is definetly a personal choice...

shaye
August 31st, 2005, 08:03 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Kierasmom
I had my first the day after I turned 19! I love it, and wouldn't change the way I did it. If you are ready for it, and you can support a baby then go for it.

Michael(16), Devon(15), Nico(10),
Kiera(8), Joshua(6), Isabel & Sebastian(5),
Halleigh(4),
Liam(2), Ronan(1)
August 31st, 2005, 08:04 PM
mrssarge's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrssarge
Good luck on making your decision!

My husband and I have been together for 9 years, decided to wait 5 to get married, and almost another 5 before trying for a baby. I don't regret our decision a bit, but it was ours to make.

Just a word of advice from an 29 year old still in school...graduate while you're younger!

Again, good luck and welcome to the board
August 31st, 2005, 08:51 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
i'm 21 and TTC for #1 now - however if i'd had my wya, i would have been TTC when i was 19 too! ((hugs)) and good luck, whatever you and your boyfriend decide!

August 31st, 2005, 09:27 PM
Regular
i think there is nothing bad about trying to have a baby at 19. I just turned 20 Monday and i am in college also. I will graduate in 2007. I have two step children and I have had them since I was 18. I moved in when the baby was 3 months old. I am trying to have a baby and have been since I was 18. There is nothing in this world that could repalce being a mother. yes you have hard times where you think you cannot take anymore but when you see the smiles on their faces and they tell you momma i love you for the first time there is nothing (except od) that can replace that feeling. I think it is a great idea. i know a 15 year old that has a 2 year old so if she can do it so can you. Good Luck!!

September 1st, 2005, 04:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Absolutely a personal choice. When I was 19 having a baby didn't even cross my mind. I just wanted to finish college as quick as I could and get into the work force. I had a steady boyfriend, we got engaged a few years later and were together for 6 years. I knew that I wanted to experience the world before I could nurture a baby. I also wanted to wait and be sure that I would be with the right person to have children with, happily ever after married, and financially stable. I'm glad I waited until now..I am 29. I had all that time to grow and learn about the world, learn life skills. I'm also married to my perfect 10...not my college b/f.
September 2nd, 2005, 03:36 PM
bright future's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got my first maternal instinct at 13 even though I didn't even know how you went about making a baby In my late teens I felt certain I was ready for a baby.

By 19 I had met and fell in love with a man who had one 4 year old daughter and another on the way with his ex-wife. We moved in together just before his 2nd daughter was born. She spent her first weekend with us when she was a week old. He didn't want much to do with her at the time so it was on me to make sure she was taken care of, fed, cleaned and loved while in our home.

I loved his kids with all my heart. Still do. We split after 5 years (6 years ago) and shortly thereafter I met the man I ended up marrying. I am so grateful that I waited until now (just turned 30) to TTC (not that we really tried, we just didn't try NOT to). You can't understand what 24/7 really means until you've experienced it. Once you're experiencing it with you own child there's no going back.

I think your 20's are a time of self-exploration and learning. Travel the world; find out what you like and don't like; find out who you are and who you want to be; try things that you can't try once you're a parent... don't be in a rush...

Guess I'm finally starting to sound old... such is life!
September 8th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Monkey9382's Avatar Super Mommy
It's really up to you, hon, but honestly, I would wait. I'm 23 now and just starting to TTC #1. When I was 19 I would've been okay with getting pregnant, but I look back now and thank God every day that I didn't do it. I was with someone that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, but people change when they're that young and so did I. If you're absolutely, positively sure, go for it. But if you have any doubts in your mind about yourself, your situation, or your boyfriend, I would definitely wait. Good Luck!

September 8th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey9382@Sep 8 2005, 09:47 AM
It's really up to you, hon, but honestly, I would wait.* I'm 23 now and just starting to TTC #1.* When I was 19 I would've been okay with getting pregnant, but I look back now and thank God every day that I didn't do it.* I was with someone that I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, but people change when they're that young and so did I.* If you're absolutely, positively sure, go for it.* But if you have any doubts in your mind about yourself, your situation, or your boyfriend, I would definitely wait.* Good Luck!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
I know where you are coming from. I am only 20years old and I have been married 2 times. I married my first husband when i was 17 and got a divorce 4months later. I was trying to get pg then with him but now I htank God that I didn't. I thought we would be together forever! And I NEVER thought he would cheat on me with my best friend.

September 10th, 2005, 02:54 PM
instant_oatmeal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If it was up to me I would have had a child at 18. That's how long I've known I was ready. Unfortunately for me my husband wanted to wait until we were married. I had to respect that, even though I asked him every day!! We are finally married now, I'm 22 and after 1 m/c I hope I get what I've been waiting for. Its really a personal choice that both you and your fiance agree on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search