Have you told anyone you're TTC???

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2005, 05:08 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you told any one that you're TTC? If not, why? And if you have, what was their reaction? Are they supportive?
September 9th, 2005, 05:40 AM
barrycarrot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have told all of our family. They are very supportive as we've been married over a year, and been together almost 9. They say it's about time. They have not pressured us at all though and are not annoying in asking about it all the time. For this i am thankful.

Married to Tim for 5 years (together for 11!)
Mommy to Hailey Noelle - 2 years old
Jenna Marie scheduled to come March 25th via c-section!

September 9th, 2005, 07:38 AM
Regular
I told my pastor at church and my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law did not say too much because she has known that I wanted a baby for soo long(she remembers me trying to get pg with my ex-husband). My pastor is very excited. i think she is almost as excited as I am.

September 9th, 2005, 09:52 AM
zoey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Both our families know. I haven't told anyone else, and don't plan to.
September 9th, 2005, 11:13 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our respective parents know and we told a couple of close friends (but that was mainly to get them off our backs - every week it was are you pregnant yet - I got to the point of trying to avoid them because it was too painful - so eventually I just had to say, look we are trying and it is hard, they understood and know we will let them know as soon as we have good news).
September 9th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
MIL and thats it. Not a soul after that....that way there is no disappointments or lectures...simple.

September 9th, 2005, 06:56 PM
My Inlaws know and are excited... all of our close friends know. As far as my parents... I'd rather not tell them til I was pregnant. We were "warned" by them to not make them grandparents for a long time because they are too young to be grandparents. whatever. My parents are very selfish. So we just keep it to ourselves.

Paula

~Baby dust to all!!!~
September 9th, 2005, 07:56 PM
mrssarge's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrssarge

I'm a big mouth! I've told my close friends, hair dresser, close co-workers, hinted to my parents and his, siser-in-law...hmm, yeah, guess everyone knows we're having lots of sex - that's what the DH says I am really saying when we tell people we are TTCing!!
September 10th, 2005, 06:16 PM
monkhester
No one, because of health reasons.
September 11th, 2005, 02:13 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Well i'm a total blabber mouth, and I have told

my sister
my best friend
a few online friends
my aunty
my cousin
another close friend.......

and they've all been REALLY supportive of us. My parents know weare GOING to TTC, but not when. I just couldnt' handle the 'are you?' question every month.

Stu on the other hand, hasnt' told any of his friends/family etc. I told him it was up to him.. i guess guys are just different about this sorta stuff!

September 11th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have told my sister and three of my closest friends. That is all. I don't want to get bombarded with questions all the time if too many people know-it gets depressing! I am not very close to the people I work with, and I really don’t want them involved in my personal life. Considering TTC has taken a while, I would prefer this way-with the fewest number of people knowing.
September 11th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
Its easier for me to answer who haven't I told! Actually its more my husband that tells everyone.....our immediate families and our closest friends....so like 20 people or so....

If I'm not here, find me on that other website
September 16th, 2005, 02:31 AM
aurora7997's Avatar Member
Send a message via AIM to aurora7997 Send a message via Yahoo to aurora7997
we've only told certain people. mainly friends. my SIL knows and maybe my brother, but i refuse to tell other family members, especially my mom. i get crap all the time from her about how she thinks we're not ready and too immature still.

<p style="background:clear;"><font face="verdana,arial,sans-serif" size="1" color="black">On November 25, 2001 we became one.</font>
</p>

September 17th, 2005, 09:55 AM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have just started trying so I haven't told too many people yet. My sisters know and my best friend, but that is pretty much it. I have a very big mouth and want to tell everyone but if it takes us awhile to get PG I don't want a lot of people asking me questions.

September 17th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Blue Eyes 409's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well most of my family and friends know that I am TTC. But I also had a M/C in June and they knew about that. They are very supportive and wanting another little one in the family

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my new siggy
September 18th, 2005, 08:58 AM
mOmto2ReDhEaDs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mOmto2ReDhEaDs
Well, we are kind of casually TTC, so my parents just know that I REALLY want a baby and I am not using any protection. Same with my sister, and a couple of my friends. His family don't have a clue!

Heather

September 20th, 2005, 07:06 AM
lotus86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lotus86 Send a message via Yahoo to lotus86
I only told my MIL - she's the only one I can count on to be supportive. She's so excited I wouldn't be surprised if more people know...
September 20th, 2005, 10:06 AM
mrobinson
I told my supportive friends because if I have a miscarriage, I'll already have a support system set-up! (This was actual advice from a friend of mine - she read it on another forum like this one!)

I told my grandfather last night because he was upset about my grandma. I wanted him to know so he could sleep!

I haven't really said anything to our immediate family but they know we will be so... maybe they'll find out from my grandfather, but it's ok.
September 20th, 2005, 09:03 PM
We've told both families. Both were VERY excited and supportive. We've been married 2 1/2 years now, so they are all ready for this just as much as we are! Also all of our friends know, and like my whole home town because my mom tells everyone she meets! lol We're very excited!!! =o)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search