Probablility of getting pregant 1st month?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2005, 10:47 AM
mvsu01's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi there! I'm new to this board and just started TTC last month. I just got my period today (exact 28 day cycle). Hubby and I are disappointed and saddened
and we're just at the beginning. We're both 28 years old, good health, good spirits and looking around us, most everyone seems to brag that they got pregnant on their first month! What are the statistics out there? What is the REAL probablility of being successful your first month?

October 11th, 2005, 10:50 AM
April25's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to April25 Send a message via Yahoo to April25
Some women does have the chance to get pregnant on the first month, but I am in the crowd that don't. I have 2 healthy kids. Both of them almost 9 lb babies, and had a misscarriage in July, and have been trying since then. Good Luck and hopefully this will be your month. ~~~~Sending you lots and lots of baby dust~~~~~
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
October 11th, 2005, 10:52 AM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
I hope it is a big percent! this is my first month! ;-) But do not get discouraged... Alot of people who get pg first month are just BDing and not charting... charting adds alot of stress and that can hurt your chances. I really hope your next cycle works out better for you! *babydust*

-Carmen
October 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I read somewhere that it was 25%. I started trying last month and I didn't get pregnant. I'm not worried! You shouldn't be either, we have plenty of time!
October 11th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Regular
Don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen the first time. It didn't and hasn't happened yet for my husband and I. My cousin said it took her almost a year and they were beginning to think something might be wrong but then it happened. Even if you time it just right there is only like a 20-25% chance. It'll happen for you soon. Here's to hoping the second month is the one!
October 12th, 2005, 07:27 AM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There are alot of us here that have only been trying for a month, and all have gotten a bfn. That simply means that we're all cheering for july babies! I don't know the odds. I think it's different for each person. Lots of baby dust to you for your new cycle!

October 12th, 2005, 12:37 PM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
Definitely don't get discouraged. One month is nothing! You have plenty of time before you need to worry. Good luck with the upcoming cycle!

Baby dust,

Amanda

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
October 12th, 2005, 02:54 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't feel discouraged - I think everyone thinks they are going to start trying and bingo get a BFP the first month, but unfortunately that is not the case for most. There is only a 20 to 25% of getting pregnant each cycle, but most couples do get pregnant within a year of TTCing. You didn't get it on the first try, but hopefully it won't take much longer. Sending you lots of baby dust!
October 12th, 2005, 03:01 PM
andrewNdereksmom's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to andrewNdereksmom
well...we are expecting and it took us about seven months...but everyone is different so mayb you well conceive sooner..
i know making love was a chore for us and then we just stoped trying in BOOM it happened...made us both happy...

thank u GraysMama

October 13th, 2005, 07:57 PM
sassysarah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't stress out too much about not getting pregnant the first month trying. My doctor told me that even if you do eveything excatly right you only have about a 30% chance of getting pregnant. So you just have to hope that next month you will have a little more luck.

October 14th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Regular
according to a pregnancy probablity calculater online, if you have sex 1 day before ovulation (which is your best chance) you have a 26% chance. so thats your best case scenerio.

Quote:
Originally posted by sassysarah@Oct 13 2005, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't stress out too much about not getting pregnant the first month trying. My doctor told me that even if you do eveything excatly right you only have about a 30% chance of getting pregnant. So you just have to hope that next month you will have a little more luck.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]
October 14th, 2005, 03:52 PM
janellezp's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by mandy+Oct 14 2005, 01:08 PM-->
Quote:
according to a pregnancy probablity calculater online, if you have sex 1 day before ovulation (which is your best chance) you have a 26% chance. so thats your best case scenerio.

<!--QuoteBegin-sassysarah
Quote:
@Oct 13 2005, 09:57 PM
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]
October 14th, 2005, 03:56 PM
janellezp's Avatar Veteran
Oops It's my first time posting and I think I hit the wrong button. Anyways.. I have been lurking around for a while but have never posted, however your message hit home because I too have been trying for a little bit over a month and the first time I got my period after that, I few weeks ago, I was a bit sad about it and so was DH. We never really our hopes up too much, or at least tried not to, but it still felt sad. I started charting my temperatures this month but that is about it. Hopefully we have better luck next month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search