AF and other concerns

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2005, 11:51 AM
[COLOR=purple][FONT=Courier]Hi All,

I'm new to this group. I've some doubts and I hope someone out there will be able to clarify those. Sorry for the long msg.

AF was always irregular for me since it started and before my marriage I used to have it for mnths and mnths with heavy bleeding and sometimes she didn't show her face for mnths and mnths. I'd taken the hormonal treatement but it didn't help much but this problem stopped after my marriage (5 yrs) . I mean I used to miss AF for mnths but the heavy bleeding for mnths was not there. Now we've decided to TTC.

But since Jul the problem started again. I mean I got AF in July and it lasted heavily for a month and then I didn't get it for months. I was sure that I'm not pregnant.

We'd gone for our preconception checkup and the doctor prescribed me some medications to invite AF, so that we can mark our ovulation and BD accordingly, but it happened this time also. AF came (Oct 4) and it was really painful for couple of days and then it stopped fully(10/8) and it again started since 10/9 and it's not just spotting it's regular bleeding. We were all prepared for marking the O day with OPK and ovulation microscope.

1. Does anyone ever suffered from this kind of problem?
2. Any idea if we ovulate while bleeding?
3. How can I mark O'day?
4. Does anyone use ovulation microscope? Is it worth using?
5. Even if I was bleeding I tested in the microscope, and it showed the fern pattern as they say it'll show after ovulation. In fact I was testing since Sunday (CD6) and that time it was showing the transitional pattern but I ignored it as AF was still there. So is it possible to ovulate while the the bleeding is still there?

Once again sorry for the long message. Somebody please clarify my doubts.
Thanks.
October 14th, 2005, 03:53 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome to JM! I hope you TTC journey is short and sweet.

Unfortunately I don't know much about your paticular issue. Normally we don't O when we are bleeding, but since you bleed for long periods of time I would quess anything is possible. Have you discussed this with your doctor at all (about Oing in your situation that is).

I find charting your Basal Body Temperature a great way to determine your O date - when the thermal shift occurs you know O has taken place. I have played with the saliva scope, but haven't had much luck with it - but I know other ladies have.

I know I probably haven't been that much help to you, but I did want to welcome you to the boards and wish you lots of luck. I hope you get you cycles back on track soon. Good luck!
October 14th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Hello and thanks for your help.
I was hoping to see some more inputs but looks like nobody ever had this kind of problem. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully it's just matter of time.
October 15th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Veteran
Have you been through any kind of testing or anything for the irregular periods.I know people on the pcos have irriegular cycles.Maybe you could post with them and get some advise.Not saying thats what it is but not having af for a few months doesnt sound right to me.I would keep calling doctor until i got some answers.My sister didnt get af for a long time they found out her prolactin level was very high.Maybe its an easy fix.Gosh im not sure
October 15th, 2005, 09:22 AM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
babiez4me is right, this is a symptom of PCOS, although there are other things that can cause it. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone. There are a couple of people on JM who have this unusual bleeding pattern, including myself. I know how hopeless you can feel when you're searching for answer but it does get better. I promise.

In the meantime please visit this page from the TTC with PCOS board for more info about PCOS. http://www.justmommies.com/boards/in...howtopic=71655 It's a list of common symptoms (abnormal bleeding occurs in about 30% of women with PCOS) associated with PCOS.

October 15th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Hello friends, thanks for your advice. Actually it's our first TTC month and during my preconception visit my doctor performed the physical exam also and confirmed that everything is normal so I was not thinking about PCOS. But after reading PCOS symptoms we have decided that we'll get it investigated and thinking about discussing with our doctor on M'day. I just hope that everything is ok.
I'll keep you all posted.
Good luck to us all.
October 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Yohoooooo, AF finally left us. Now we are thinking that we'll track O'day for another week-10 days and if I don't O'late, we'll go to the dr, because I don't have any other symptom of PCOS than irregular periods and hair loss. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
October 16th, 2005, 06:27 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
now that she's gone, keep an eye out on your cm. my af gets in a mood sometimes, but not quite to your extreme. mine will either hang out for longer or just for a day or two. I notice right before i o, i definately get the ewcm. I haven't checked for position yet, and don't know if i will this cycle. I just started temping also, so anywhere i can help, let me know...

have fun bding, lots of baby dust to you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search