Hi, I'm new!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm brand new to this board, and wanted to say hi!

I'm 30 and DH is 31, we're both engineers in Canada. We have been married for a year now, and just decided to TTC our first.... I'm still kind of getting used to the idea... it's a bit surreal! Looking forward to having this resource!!

I've been off the pill for over a year now (made my migraines worse), and I'm pretty regular cycle-wise: 24 to 27 days. I've read that short cycles = conception problems, but I guess we'll see?!? Today is day 1, so we're going for our first try in about 8 days!!!

Wondering if you would recommend starting O-kits immediately, or wait for a few cycles to see if nature takes it's course?? Other than looking at the calendar, I hadn't thought about any other special steps. Recommendations welcome!!

Thanks!!! Good luck to all!!!!!

dizzyblonde (aka Jodie)

It's a BOY!!
October 14th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Regular
Welcome to JM Boards! Congratulations on TTC #1. I too am fairly new to this board. What were you using for contraceptive since going off the pill a year ago? Anyways you might want to hold off on the O-predictor kits. They can be kind of addicting once you use them, they are not cheap and you may not need them at all. Are you charting your temperature or planning to chart? Maybe see how it goes these next few months and then you can use the technology if it hasn't happened yet. I hope you won't be on this board long! Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon!
October 14th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Hi Jodie,

Welcome to the JM and the TTC#1 Message Board. I hope you stay here is short, sweet, and enjoyful. All the girls here are really nice, and are willing to help and offer advice when needed. I'm 24, my name is Rodi, and I've been TTC #1 for 3 cycles already. My first month, I just TTC without knowing anything. My second month, I began charting and taking my temp, and that helped me find my O time, and learn more about my body some. This month, I'm charting, and will be using OPKs beginning on CD10. So, as you can see I'm slowly learning all this talk about TTC, and how our bodies work. Eveybody is different. I really hope you get your BFP soon. Good luck and tons of *BABYDUST* to you. Again, Welcome.

October 14th, 2005, 10:39 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome to JM! OPK's can be a helpful tool to figure out when you are entering your fertile period. I would also recommend you start charting your BBT and observing your cervical fluid, along with the OPK's (assuming you are wanting to get to know you cycle better). OPK's can help you predict the window of ovulation, but charting your BBT will help you confirm that ovulation took place. If you have any questions about charting, feel free to ask. Many of the ladies here chart and are willing to help.

Good luck and lots of baby dust. Hope you get a BFP soon.
October 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to agree with the ladies prior. Congratulations, and Welcome!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search