Hello! New and full of questions

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Kangaroo510
Hello everybody!

I am new here and so far I love this board. There is so much information on here.
I'm here because my husband and I are TTC #1 and we had some questions that I thought maybe you girls could help with.
I stopped taking BCP's for 3 months because I was in a job transition and I couldn't get it because I had no insurance. I went in Sept. for my girly dr. visit and the dr. said everything looked fine and she prescribed my pills. After asking a few questions about a pain I was having she said I was most likely O'ing again. Yippe! Haha So I started taking the pills and I took them for 5 days when my husband and I talked and we decided we were ready to start trying. We weren't 100% certain that we were going to so I took the pill the next day and that night, well.. lets say.. we decided it was time I stopped taking the pill from that night on because I didn't want the hormones and chemicals in my body incase we did get pregnant because it was my first pack after a long time off. So here's where it gets tricky. We had a few more nights of "deciding it was time" and then 5 days total after stopping the pill I had a really little bit of bleeding. I wasn't sure if it was breakthrough bleeding from stopping the pill or implant bleeding. The next morning I woke up and officially started a period. Now, the problem is how do I know when I will ovulate again. Do I just go from the day of this first breakthrough period and count it from there or have I completely thrown my body out of whack?
If any of you can help please do so!! I just needed to get this question out and I will really introduce myself to you all later. Thank you so much for reading!

Selah
October 16th, 2005, 06:43 AM
groovie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Counting days is not necessarily the most reliable way of determing whether or not you ovulated. BCP make you have 28 day cycles. Do you have regular cycles off the pill? Most likely your body will be a little thrown off anyway from stopping the pill. Did you read this?

I hope that answered your question.
October 16th, 2005, 11:37 AM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
First of all, welcome to the board!

I recently had a similar experience with BCP. My husband and I decided to start trying while I was on BCPs, so I did the same thing as you and stopped right then without finishing the pack. I had a little bit of breakthrough spotting, and then got my period for real 25 days later, so I assume I had a cycle after the breakthrough. It is different for everyone. Some women get right back on track, but sometimes it can take a few months for your body to start having regular periods again. Like daisy15 said, counting days is not always effective, especially if your cycles aren't regular from coming off the pill.

Since your periods may not be regular right away, you may want to consider charting your temperatures to see if you can detect ovulation, that way you'll know when to test for pregnancy and you won't waste money on tests just because your cycle is behaving strangely.

Good luck with everything and I hope your TTC Journey is as short as possible!

Amanda

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
October 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Kangaroo510
Thanks for the help so far!

I do know that after I stopped the BCP the first time my periods stayed very regular at about 30-31 days. I have ALWAYS had very regular periods and and off the pill.

This bleeding seems to be like a normal period so I'm guessing I will ovulate after it is over.

My husband and I are trying to keep this simple and not let it turn into work so we are just going to try to have BMS every 2 to 3 days and let me tell you, when I told him that that is a pretty good way to make it happen he was pretty excited. I can't imagine any man wanting to turn down that offer!

Thanks ladies... keep posting any suggestions you might have!

Selah
October 16th, 2005, 06:21 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
no suggestions from me...i was on depo...just wanted to welcome you and wish you well with lots of baby dust!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search