i've been using a bbt

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2005, 11:14 AM
i think i was ovulating somewhere from the 15th to the 18th. the thing is my temperature keeps going up and down. one day its 98 point something and the next is 97 point something. does this mean i'm not preggo because i was under the impression that if i conceived my temperature is supposed to stay high and around the same number??
October 20th, 2005, 11:46 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Temperatures fluctuate - some are due to hormones and some are not (for example the putting an extra blanket on, may make your temperature go up). The purpose of charting your bbt is to see an overall pattern and a thermal shift from your pre-o temps to your post -o temps. In every charting method a coverline is drawn based on your pre-o temps (usually it is 1/10th of a degree higher than your last six pre-o temperatures). The general guideline is if you have 18 temperatures over this coverline, then there is a good chance you are pregnant. They may be up or down, but if they are over the coverline, then you are fine.

As a general guideline most pre-ovulation temps range from 96.0 to 98.0 range and most post-o temps range from 97.5 to 99.0.

Hope this helps!
October 20th, 2005, 12:47 PM
ok...so if after ovulation my temperature is above 97.5... does that mean i can be preggo or does it have to be in the high 97's. i'm probably asking too much but i'm so anxious and nervous! thanks...baby dust to all of us!!!
October 20th, 2005, 01:09 PM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately you cannot determine pregnancy based on your temperature. Some charts will show what is called triphasic pattern (basically two thermal shifs), but not all pregnancy charts have them and not all triphasic charts are pregnancy charts. But how high your temperatures are will not provide a clue as to pregnancy or not (some women get in the high 98's only to see AF show and others are in the high 97's to low 98's and are pregnant).

I know it is an anxious time during the 2WW wait looking for a sign and hoping. Good luck I hope you get a BFP soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search