bbt question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2005, 07:27 AM
i'm not sure if i pin pointed my ovulation date correctly, i used fertility friend and charted my bbt and they said it was the 17th of this month. on the site they said that if my temperature remains above 97.78 for ten straight days then i might be preggo. so far i'm on a four day high streak...should my temperature have gone down by now if i wasn't preggo? is four days a good sign or am i making too much of it?
October 21st, 2005, 08:38 AM
Veteran
Mine has been high since ovulation but dipped earlier this week but no below my coverline. I am due for AF on Sunday. Maybe she want show. I have had AF type cramps adn wierd pains but a GF told me she thought she was going to start the whole time to and never did. She said she didnt' even really notice her boobs changing until later on that they were sore but like with AF. TAke a look at my chart. Let me see yours

October 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM
i'm not sure how to insert my chart... let me know how to...
October 21st, 2005, 08:58 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by BabyGrl_0722@Oct 21 2005, 08:27 AM
on the site they said that if my temperature remains above 97.78 for ten straight days then i might be preggo.* <div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

FF really told you that? Because the only way charting can really detect if you might be prego is if you have high temps for 18 days or more past O. I don't agree with the 10 straight days, that just doesn't make sense to me Just remember that you could have very high temps all the way until AF shows, and the only true guarantee of being prego is a + test Charting is wonderful for telling you when you O, but doesn't show a sign of pregnancy unless you have atleast 3 days of high temps past your normal LP, or in other words when AF is late. Hope that helped.
October 21st, 2005, 09:10 AM
awww... i'm feeling a little anxious. it said atleast ten days...or maybe i misinterpreted...something told me that was wrong but i guess i preferred to believe it. i'm in my 2ww...or so i think bc i have an irregular period...

i guess i'm destined to wait.
October 21st, 2005, 09:10 AM
DreamChaser's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure were you are getting 10 days of elevated temperatures after ovulation as a sign of pregnancy, but I am sorry to say that is not true. When ovulation occurs, progesterone production increases. This increase in progesterone in our systems causes our temperature to rise (the thermal shift you see when you chart). The day you get this themal shift is the start of the luteal phase of your cycle (LP for short). LP's are typically 12 to 16 days long (but on average they are 14 days long - hence this time is called the 2 Week Wait or 2WW). LP's can be as short as 10 days in length, but that would be the short end of normal. Most experts consider an LP of less than 10 days a problem because it would not allow enough time for an egg to implant. Implantation will typically take place between 7 and 10 days past ovulation (although sometimes it can happen as early as 5 or as late as 12).

FF and other charting advisors will say that if you have elevated temperatures for 18 days or longer, there is a good chance you are pregnant. If you are not pregnant then you will probably start to see a dip in your temps a day or two before AF shows (for example if you have the typical 14 day LP, then around 12 or 13 DPO), but some women keep their high temps and AF comes - then the temps go south.

I know 2 weeks seems a long time to wait, since most of us go crazy during that time I don't know why they don't call it the 2 Week Torture instead of the 2 Week Wait.

Good luck and lots of patience dust.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search