TTC First child after depo!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 26th, 2005, 10:08 AM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello Everyone.

I am new to this site. I've been reading and checking it for weeks now and decided to join! My DH and I have been married for 1 1/2 years and really want a baby! I was on the depo shot for almost two years but had my last shot in December 04...since then I have gotten my AF but not regularly. My first AF came in April and then it was every two weeks, 3 weeks, 5 weeks and just all messed up. We havent' used any BC since July and started really trying in September but no luck yet...I'm just wondering if any of you have had similar cases coming off the shot??? We were hoping to be pregnant by xmas time but I've read so many horror stories about being on the shot and having a hard time getting pregnant. I have almost been off it for a year, so hopefully it won't be much longer!!!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! Good luck to all of you!!

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

October 26th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to ravensunset1980 Send a message via MSN to ravensunset1980 Send a message via Yahoo to ravensunset1980
Hi, Welcome to JM. I've not been on the depo shot, I've never taken BCP, so I really wouldn't know what to tell you. I just wanted to welcome you, and here's to hoping you get a BFP, that would be a wonderful Christmas gift. I'm hoping I get mine by my birthday next month. I doubt it though, but no negative thoughts here. What are you doing to keep track of your cycles. Are you charting? Well, again, welcome, and good luck.

*BABYDUST*

October 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Trynitey's Avatar Veteran
While on depo, I bled almost all year long. I was on it for almost 3 years and I got off of it and went on Ortho Evra for about 8 months or so. We had no problems conceiving at all, and in fact, we got pregnant right away. It's perfectly normal for it to even take up to 6 months to a year to become pregnant.
October 27th, 2005, 10:54 AM
amandajolynn88's Avatar Super Mommy
Welcome to JM! I hope you get your BFP as soon as possible!

I don't know much about Depo specifically, but I do know that after coming off any kind of hormonal birth control, it can take a while for things to go back to normal.

Angel baby 03/06
#1 due 12/07/08!!!!
October 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
wantababy - are you charting at all? With irregular AF (common after Depo) it can help you get an idea of what your cycle looks like and when (or if) you are Oing yet. BBT works best for me.
October 27th, 2005, 01:14 PM
wantababy26's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks to all of you and your input!!! It's so fun to be able to talk to people in similar situations!!! I haven't tried any kind of charting or anything yet....I don't know that much about it but maybe I should find out more so we can try even harder! We just do alot of BDing and hope it happens! Do any of you use the OPK? I thought about doing that too but heard thats not quite as reliable.

Jake December 13th, 2006 6lbs 15oz. Jake 2 years 33lbs!!!!! What a big boy!

October 27th, 2005, 07:36 PM
garshgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello and welcome, I'm pretty similar to you..married 1 1/2 now, and was on the depo for quite a few years. I've been off almost a year now...and have gone from one day af's to one week af's and then she just chooses how long she wants to be, but she definately comes every month. I've been using the opk's and have gotten a good read on them..just haven't caught the eggie yet. but this is really only month 2 with focus on trying to make it happen. i've started charting loosely, but need to pay more attention to it. check out fertilityfriend.com to read up and get your chart started. sorry so long, but feel free to ask any questions here!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search