Possibly Dumb Question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2008, 08:00 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
It's cool that we're cycle buddies but it'd be waaay cooler if we got our BFP's together!!!

March 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Poo on your DH I agree, I'd have a talk with him to explain about Ovulation period. It's not fair Men are super fertile any day.. but Women are fertile during CERTAIN days.
March 9th, 2008, 09:17 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Toni- I wish we could be BFP Buddies too

Aaron- Thanks... DH knows a surprising amount about the way it all works- he asks questions all the time. I don't know what his issue is, but I'm gonna remind him tomorrow about the whole Time Crunch thing with BDing... I agree that it isn't fair men are fertile all the time too!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

March 10th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Skeetz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Skeetz Send a message via MSN to Skeetz Send a message via Yahoo to Skeetz
Quote:
Quote:
I can give it to you if you want. I thought Italian people came with a forceful nature!! I noticed that my mom and her 3 sisters all married these very quiet and laid back guys. I also married a quiet and laid back guy. We agreed it was b/c we didn't want the competition!! When we married Dad warned him that unless it's a HUGE deal just say yes dear and go on.

I can't believe he smiled and just walked off!!! When my sex drive was low I told DH that I would just lay there and take it b/c I felt bad I wasn't making love to him that much. Throw him down and do all the work if that's what gets it done. I don't blame you for wanting just a 5 minute quickie!! It's not like sex is hard, no pun intended.

Maybe you should sit him down and told him what I told DH. I really think it helped DH understand more about what was going on with me. We have a 24 hour fertile period!! We can't help but to be picky about days we BD!!! It's not our fault. If I could pick I'd have the egg remain in me for at least 48 hours. I apologized in advance that the week I O may seem like work, but I also told him I'd make it up to him by BD with him when I'm no Oing whenever he'd like.[/b]
Mary- You always make me smile! The only problem with the Italian forceful nature is that I'm an Italian who married an Italian. I think we somehow cancel each other out. I am forceful when I am really agitated, and I'm getting to that point now. I did let him know that I was very angry that we didn't have more sex than we did this weekend and he started on about how he's not feeling well and he's tired. Suck it up man! I've BDed when I felt like crap before!

We have a very long car ride in the morning together, so I'm definitely going to let him know what's what like you did. We've been really trying the stress-free laid back approach, but the man needs to at least give me some sex... As far as I understand you need to have sex to try for that baby we so desperately want! Right? LOL Thanks for everything Mary! You're awesome and I love you!!!
[/b]
You're welcome and I love you too!! I bet you guys do cancel each other out! My mom, her sisters, and I didn't marry Italian men and I really do think we did that on purpose so we can have the upper hand all the time!! And unless he's dying or contagious yes he should BD with you!!

I hope the car ride is helpful. Men just need to be told all the time. I hope you don't mind, but I told DH what your DH did and he agreed that you need to force it into his head. I knew TTC couldn't be too laid back since we're not fertile everyday. If I was going to be fertile this week I would have cancelled my trip to Oklahoma so we can BD everyday. If I'm willing to give up time with my cousins (who are my best friends) he should be willing to give up stuff too.

And I told Zac that if I am fertile and he has work or bowling I need him home more to catch that egg and he said something similar to you!! He's like, "OK next time I have a meeting I'll make sure to tell them that I need to go home b/c my wife is fertile and I need to knock her up." I said YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY!!! Any guy would be like yes go home and GET LAID!!!

Good luck sweetie and let me know what he says.

</div>
March 10th, 2008, 09:09 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is not a dumb question Cris, I was wondering the same thing.

March 10th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Cris..... ditto what Aaron said... what if you sat him down and told him. Look, I know how busy your schedule is, I know how tired too must be, but if we want to continue trying then we only have a very short window to BD. Then offer to write on the calendar 3-4 days that are an absolute must. Say you think you're gonna ovulate on the 18th. Mark on the calendar the 13th, 15th, 17th, 18th... this way he knows in advance when he's got an appt with YOU..... and IF he backs out of one of his appts you still have 3 times to back up that one he backed out of. Swimmers live up to what 5 days? Just make sure all of the Appts you choose are within that time frame.... Good Luck honey!!!

March 10th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Quote:
You're welcome and I love you too!! I bet you guys do cancel each other out! My mom, her sisters, and I didn't marry Italian men and I really do think we did that on purpose so we can have the upper hand all the time!! And unless he's dying or contagious yes he should BD with you!!

I hope the car ride is helpful. Men just need to be told all the time. I hope you don't mind, but I told DH what your DH did and he agreed that you need to force it into his head. I knew TTC couldn't be too laid back since we're not fertile everyday. If I was going to be fertile this week I would have cancelled my trip to Oklahoma so we can BD everyday. If I'm willing to give up time with my cousins (who are my best friends) he should be willing to give up stuff too.

And I told Zac that if I am fertile and he has work or bowling I need him home more to catch that egg and he said something similar to you!! He's like, "OK next time I have a meeting I'll make sure to tell them that I need to go home b/c my wife is fertile and I need to knock her up." I said YES THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAY!!! Any guy would be like yes go home and GET LAID!!!

Good luck sweetie and let me know what he says.[/b]
Mary- Thank you for your advice... I talked with DH in the car this morning and he was very understanding and apologetic about the whole situation. He said he didn't realize how upset I was and how he felt bad once he got to work that we didn't get to BD. I reminded him once again that there are only a few really good days to make the baby we so desperatly want.

I totally appreciate your asing your DH about my situation. It helps to hear what other men have to say about it all. Tell Zac I appreciate his two cents! I'll make sure to bring it up on tomorrow's long car ride! LOL.

I think all in all he's realizing what the situation is and is ready to change his ways! Thank goodness!

Quote:
It is not a dumb question Cris, I was wondering the same thing.[/b]
Yeah Becky! I'm not the only one who didn't know! JK... It's on of those things I just assumed I knew, but when it came down to actually recalling the info, it wasn't in my little brain anymore! LOL

Quote:
Cris..... ditto what Aaron said... what if you sat him down and told him. Look, I know how busy your schedule is, I know how tired too must be, but if we want to continue trying then we only have a very short window to BD. Then offer to write on the calendar 3-4 days that are an absolute must. Say you think you're gonna ovulate on the 18th. Mark on the calendar the 13th, 15th, 17th, 18th... this way he knows in advance when he's got an appt with YOU..... and IF he backs out of one of his appts you still have 3 times to back up that one he backed out of. Swimmers live up to what 5 days? Just make sure all of the Appts you choose are within that time frame.... Good Luck honey!!![/b]
Toni- I actually as a semi-joke stole his Blackberry 2 weeks ago and programmed his datebook for him. It says "Time to make the Donuts" (our little joke for BDing) every other day from when my AF ended until AF is due... It makes this annoying alarm sound too, so he knows that this month's BDing should always be on his mind. I do like your more solid plan though. I'm definitely going to try it next cycle if we don't catch the eggie this one (Hopefully we won't need to worry about it anymore!) Thanks so much for your advice!

You girls are all the greatest! You made me feel so much better about everything! I love you ladies!!! Thank you!!!

March 11th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to Skeetz Send a message via MSN to Skeetz Send a message via Yahoo to Skeetz
You're very welcome Cris!! I'm glad he is understanding now. I hope it works out for you!! I'm glad you made his Blackberry go off when it's time for you guys!!! You'll get a BFP soon!

</div>
March 11th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks Mary- You're just too sweet and that's why I love ya! I have a feeling he's getting itchy for some Bding. I'm almost positive that I've already O'd on Sunday cause my EGCM is gone, but I'll take some friendly Bding... LOL- He owes me that much! And just wait until I get my hands on his Blackberry again! LOL

March 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM

You're making me blush!! Get some friendly BDing in. I'm just so happy that he understands your frustration and will do something about ovulation next time!! We have a Cubs calendar in the kitchen and I'm circling the days right before ovulation, ovulation, and the days after ovulation. Green is days before, blue is the day, and black is after. Red is for AF. I was planning on BDing tonight for the fun of it, but DH isn't even home yet.

</div>
March 11th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Awww, I love your hugging little guys! THey are too cute! I hope you got your friendly BDing in when DH got home! My DH is still at practice and will probably come home just in time to shower and head to work. NICE!!! Oh well, maybe tomorrow since they have an early practice. I'll be working with his mother all day, but maybe we can finish early and I can sneak in a quickie!!!

March 12th, 2008, 04:05 AM
Quickies are always SO MUCH FUN!!! I didn't get any in. DH didn't get home until almost 8!! By then I was too tired and ready to read in bed. Oh well. I leave for Oklahoma tomorrow, but DH's unit is being shut down today so I don't know when he will get in. I hope you get some today!

</div>
March 12th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Cris, what day does ff say you O?

March 12th, 2008, 08:14 AM
*Michelle*
Chris, I hope you get a BFP soon!
March 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks Girls! I hope I get my BFP soon too!

Toni- FF wont confirm O for me since I don't temp. I really don't want to start temping unless I have to, but I have a very good feeling I Oed on Sunday. The cramps stopped and on Monday all my CM had dried up. I'm going to keep checking and seeing if I get anymore fertile CM, but I am most certain I Oed on Sunday. We'll see what happens from here!

I'm still gonna try to get lots of BDing in since it's just plain fun and I deserve some! LOL

Mary- Have a great time in Oklahoma! I hope you got some BDing today!

March 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Toni- FF wont confirm O for me since I don't temp. I really don't want to start temping unless I have to, but I have a very good feeling I Oed on Sunday. The cramps stopped and on Monday all my CM had dried up. I'm going to keep checking and seeing if I get anymore fertile CM, but I am most certain I Oed on Sunday. We'll see what happens from here![/b]
Cris, I just started temping to prove to myself when I actually ovulate... AND I can bring it to my new DR tomorrow... for more evidence Anywhoo, my dear cyclebuddy, I O'd on Sunday too... sooo you definitley got your BD in! I hope this is it for you!!!

March 12th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Whoo Hoo Cycle Buddy! I guess I did get a pretty well timed BD in afterall! Once my CM dried up on Monday I was pretty happy. I hope this is it for us too! I just wish that you guys weren't taking a short break so we could get our BFPs together.

And by the way, you are just way too sweet! I can't wait until we cna make plans to meet up sometime hopefully soon!

March 12th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Well hopefully I will actually get somewhere with this new Dr tomorrow.... thanks to all you ladies I am much more educated....

Cris, I know, it's got to be tight with your DH's schedule though. Steve and I should plan a weekend trip, I've always wanted to go to Lake George!

March 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Toni- Yeah! There are more things to do and see during the Spring. Plus DH is done with Lacrosse in June. We could make a day of it! It would be really fun! We will have to make some plans soon! Good Luck with your new Doctor! Please be sure to let me know how everything goes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search