Possibly Dumb Question

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2008, 05:01 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Girls, Please excuse my lack of intelligence on this one. I'm sure I know the answer, but I just can't think of it!

How far after you get EWCM and O pains do you actually Ovulate?
I got EWCM on Friday and today (Sunday) with my O cramps on Friday and Saturday. DH and I BD on Friday night and I wanted to BD yesterday and today as well, but with my stinky-headed DH, it never happened. I'm just beyond frustrated. There is no reason that we couldn't BD, it just didn't happen (not for my lack of trying either).

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate it! And I'm sorry for my mini-rant- I hope you don't mind!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

March 9th, 2008, 05:04 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It depends, some people have EWCM for many days before O, and some only have it a couple days before. I will admit I am not sure about O pain- I am not sure If I really have had that or not. If I DID feel it this month- it was most likely the day before I O'd..but I don't know. Someone else may have a better idea!

Sorry your DH was being a brat!!!! Men are SO special. You would think they would appreciate it when they get laid! LOL See if you can get some in today!

March 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you have yourself covered even if you didnt get to bd yesterday. I usually went by cm to determine if I o'd or not. Once ewcm went away I knew I already O'd.

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
March 9th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Skeetz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Skeetz Send a message via MSN to Skeetz Send a message via Yahoo to Skeetz
Oh Cris I am so sorry he wouldn't BD with you. That REALLY sucks. I'll kick him in his butt. Usually when I get the O pain I ovulate that day or maybe the day after. I tried to click on your chart, but it's not linked.

Since you got the O pain and EWCM on Friday I'd have to say you are safe. I wish he had BD with you yesterday and today though!!!

I am so sorry sweetie. I hope you guys caught the eggie!!!!

</div>
March 9th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This last cycle I had EWCM for 4-5 days. You know you have Oed when it dries up or changes. I have read it can last anywhere from 3-5 days. I have little cramps and pains all the time, so I have no idea if any of them were actual O pains.

How the O pain relates to actual ovulation depends on why you have them. If you have them because hormonal changes are causing cramps then it could be before, during, or after. If you have them because you actually feel the follicle rupture, then obviously that is during O.

If you had fertile CM then the sperm can live in that for 3-5 days. It is best to BD before ovulation so the longer lived sperm are wating on the short lived egg. So as long as you have fertile CM and BD within 2-3 days of ovulation you have a good shot at catching the egg. Good Luck.

March 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to BabyBird
It really just depends on the person. Some people get days worth of EWCM and some just get a little bit. As for O pain it can come before, during, or even after O. I am sorry DH was being stubborn. Sometimes they just don't get how important it is to BD NOW!
March 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks Girls... I knew you guys would have wonderful advice. I'm actually still getting slight O cramps as I type, so I imagine it'll happen soon. I would have loved to get at least one more BD in this weekend, but DH had other plans I guess. It doesn't look like it's going to happen today since he has to get ready to go to work in about 30 minutes. I've been grumpy all day and he can't put 2 and 2 together to figure out that I want sex!
Gee- your wife has been throwing herself at you for the past 3 days and you don't wanna do anything about it or figure out that sex is what she wants? Smart guy he is! NOT!

Mary- Can you please come kick his butt? I would love you forever!!! Oh yeah, I don't have much of a chart since I don't temp so I don't make it linkable. It's just CM so I know what is going on.

Thank you girls again... It's amazing what reading encouraging words can do for my spirits... You are simply the best! I am feeling a bit better- at least we got in Friday's BD... I'm going to try to get him tomorrow at some point to, and if he refuses he better Look out!!!!

March 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Send a message via AIM to Skeetz Send a message via MSN to Skeetz Send a message via Yahoo to Skeetz
Aw I'm glad we made you feel better!!! And of course I'll come up there and kick his butt!!! Anything for you!!

Shouldn't guys want sex 24/7??? I can understand if you made him BD as much as I made my DH BD but just Friday?? You need to tell him you are going to BD tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT!!! When I told DH I wanted to try I warned him that the week I O is going to be very regimented, but we have to catch the egg so when I want sex you HAVE to say yes. You don't have a choice. We have 24 hours to catch that egg.

I sound like a domineering wife, but I take after my mom. We want what we want and we get what we want LOL. And we married men who are willing to let us have our way.

</div>
March 9th, 2008, 05:36 PM
You'd think that he'd be really happy that I wanted to BD all weekend, but apparently not. I told him today that it was a very good day to BD and he just kinda smiled and walked away. Gees, I would even take a flippin 5 minute quicky- Deposit your goods and go- I'll take care of my own needs. Nope- nothing. He can't even understand why I'm frustrated today. Hellooo??? Is there a pea-sized brain in your head today?

Sometimes I wish I had that forceful nature to me like you do Mary- I tell ya, it would make my life so much easier!

March 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Lauren S's Avatar Mom to Brady and Hannah
Glad you're feeling better, Cris! Hopefully you can get some BD in tomorrow just in case. But otherwise, the Friday session should cover you since they can live for up to 5 days.
March 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks Lauren... I forget that the swimmers can live up to 5 days. I hope they took their longevity pills cause they need to be there waiting for the eggie! LOL

March 9th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I can give it to you if you want. I thought Italian people came with a forceful nature!! I noticed that my mom and her 3 sisters all married these very quiet and laid back guys. I also married a quiet and laid back guy. We agreed it was b/c we didn't want the competition!! When we married Dad warned him that unless it's a HUGE deal just say yes dear and go on.

I can't believe he smiled and just walked off!!! When my sex drive was low I told DH that I would just lay there and take it b/c I felt bad I wasn't making love to him that much. Throw him down and do all the work if that's what gets it done. I don't blame you for wanting just a 5 minute quickie!! It's not like sex is hard, no pun intended.

Maybe you should sit him down and told him what I told DH. I really think it helped DH understand more about what was going on with me. We have a 24 hour fertile period!! We can't help but to be picky about days we BD!!! It's not our fault. If I could pick I'd have the egg remain in me for at least 48 hours. I apologized in advance that the week I O may seem like work, but I also told him I'd make it up to him by BD with him when I'm no Oing whenever he'd like.

</div>
March 9th, 2008, 06:43 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
or do what I do.... just walk around naked LOL

March 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
I hope you get your answers soon, girl! Come on !!

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

March 9th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Quote:
I can give it to you if you want. I thought Italian people came with a forceful nature!! I noticed that my mom and her 3 sisters all married these very quiet and laid back guys. I also married a quiet and laid back guy. We agreed it was b/c we didn't want the competition!! When we married Dad warned him that unless it's a HUGE deal just say yes dear and go on.

I can't believe he smiled and just walked off!!! When my sex drive was low I told DH that I would just lay there and take it b/c I felt bad I wasn't making love to him that much. Throw him down and do all the work if that's what gets it done. I don't blame you for wanting just a 5 minute quickie!! It's not like sex is hard, no pun intended.

Maybe you should sit him down and told him what I told DH. I really think it helped DH understand more about what was going on with me. We have a 24 hour fertile period!! We can't help but to be picky about days we BD!!! It's not our fault. If I could pick I'd have the egg remain in me for at least 48 hours. I apologized in advance that the week I O may seem like work, but I also told him I'd make it up to him by BD with him when I'm no Oing whenever he'd like.[/b]
Mary- You always make me smile! The only problem with the Italian forceful nature is that I'm an Italian who married an Italian. I think we somehow cancel each other out. I am forceful when I am really agitated, and I'm getting to that point now. I did let him know that I was very angry that we didn't have more sex than we did this weekend and he started on about how he's not feeling well and he's tired. Suck it up man! I've BDed when I felt like crap before!

We have a very long car ride in the morning together, so I'm definitely going to let him know what's what like you did. We've been really trying the stress-free laid back approach, but the man needs to at least give me some sex... As far as I understand you need to have sex to try for that baby we so desperately want! Right? LOL Thanks for everything Mary! You're awesome and I love you!!!

Quote:
or do what I do.... just walk around naked LOL[/b]
I would have loved to do that!!!! Unfortunately we were staying at my in-laws for the weekend. We do have a lot of privacy as they weren't home much and our room is the only one upstairs (it's also on the complete opposite side of the house from their room thankfully!)

I'm not sure he would have gotten the clue though. He probably would have thought I was hot and trying to cool off or something! LMBO!!!

Quote:
I hope you get your answers soon, girl! Come on !!

[/b]
Thanks Lauren... I'm going to see if we can get in a few more BDs in the next few days just to try to make sure we're covered. I hope that I O'd either today or Saturday though and that we'd be covered... Just gotta compete with his busy Lacrosse schedule... I can picture it now-
"Gee Coach why were you late to practice?"
"Um sorry guys, I'm trying to knock up my wife" .... LMBO

March 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
Quote:
"Um sorry guys, I'm trying to knock up my wife"[/b]

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

March 9th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Cris, you and me are very, very close in our cycles.... We O'd the same day last month, AF came at the same time too.... I think I'm O'ing today too... By the sounds of it, you already have swimmers in there waiting for that egg! Have faith, sometimes life comes at us by surprise!

March 9th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
"Um sorry guys, I'm trying to knock up my wife"[/b]

[/b][/quote]

I thought that was pretty funny... I can just imagine him saying that for real too! LMBO

Quote:
Cris, you and me are very, very close in our cycles.... We O'd the same day last month, AF came at the same time too.... I think I'm O'ing today too... By the sounds of it, you already have swimmers in there waiting for that egg! Have faith, sometimes life comes at us by surprise![/b]
Yeah Toni! I'm sooooo excited to have you as a cycle buddy! I hope you got more BDing in than I did! I realized we were close, but I didn't know just how close we were! That's awesome! Thanks for reminding me that there are already swimmers up there waiting hopefully. I'm really hoping that a surprise sneaks up on us cause with Lacrosse season upon us, I'm pretty much counting us out as it is. I even asked him if it were smarter for us to just stop trying until he was done but he said no, that we needed to still try which was nice to hear. Thanks for the encouraging words and thoughts! It means a lot!!!

March 9th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I got some BD in, but we're using BC.... it's called KY

March 9th, 2008, 07:57 PM
LOL.... Well you never know- a little surprise might sneak through for you!!! I'm sure it's happened before! LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search