Hurt, mad...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry Jamie, that must be really hard and frustrating. I was thinking to myself just yesterday funnily enough, what if my brother and his GF got preg before me, they arent trying as far as I know they are both a bit younger than us. I dont know what made me think of it, just one of my random TTC thoughts I guess. I just know I would be gutted.
I hope you do get your BFP first!!
March 13th, 2008, 04:52 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Wow I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like she's jealous of you and wants to get ahead of you so she said that to hurt you. It's a shame. I'd have a heart to heart talk with her. I never share baby names with close relatives cuz I've seen some relatives steal their thunder and use their baby names.. it's Cruel and rude.
Good luck.
March 13th, 2008, 05:15 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jamie, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. It's a terrible situation for you to have to deal with. I'm sure you just want what is best for your sister and it doesn't seem like this is it. I don't blame you at all for reacting the way you did. I would have had the same if not a worse reaction than you if I were in your shoes. I hope your sister smartens up and realizes that this may not be the best idea for her right now. I'm here if you need anything!!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

March 13th, 2008, 07:00 PM
*Michelle*
How terrible! I would be upset too. Hopefully she decides having a baby is a bad idea.
March 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be upset too. My sister an I have always somewhat competed, but we are very different people, so some things we just weren't able to compete about. She is a newlywed now and she is not yet TTC. I also know she is worried she will have issues when she does because she was diagnosed at insulin resistant a few years ago, and that can lead to PCOS. She has not actually been checked for it, but she is worried. Still knowing all that, I still want to have the first baby. I am 2 years older and I have been married for almost 6 years now. Also she makes a lot more money than me (No way I could do her job. She is a contract attorney and she can keep the money. LOL).

I can imagine how much harder it would be with a sister that competes with EVERYTHING, and also knowing that likely making a mistake and something she is not ready for. Medical problems make it even worse.

March 13th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I just point out how sad it is that she thinks that she is ready for a baby, but her MOM had to go get vitamins and folic acid and put them in her pill box. That is sweet of your Mom, but WTH?? If your sis is not mature enough or does not have the $ to buy them, maybe she should slow it down a bit.

Thanks to Stacey for my awesome siggy!!
March 13th, 2008, 08:25 PM
JessicaRae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sorry that you're having to go through this. Maybe your sis just doesn't understand how hard this is for you. You are in my prayers!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search