Cloth or Disposable?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Cloth Vs. Disposable
Cloth 5 20.83%
Disposable 9 37.50%
both 10 41.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2008, 12:11 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
What do you think you'll end up doing?.. Cloth or disposable diapers?.. I've been researching cloth diapers for a little while.. and I'm thinking of going that route.. just wanted more input.

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 13th, 2008, 12:22 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Future cloth diapering mama here!! When we get a BFP I'm gonna stock up on them!! They are so cute, colorful, soft, good for the environment, cheaper and better for baby's bum!!

March 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
I am definitely going the cloth route. I have researched it from both sides, and find it to be the best choice for me. Here are a couple of links that I have bookmarked that show some different reasons for it.

LINK

LINK

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

March 13th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Brenda04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going for disposable, I don't think I would be very good with cloth dipers

March 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Jlynn's Avatar Jamielynn
Both for me.

At first(maybe a month tops) i am going to use disposable. I am sure i will be worn out at first with a new baby and all. I also want to come up with a good routine before i start using cloth dipers because they are alot of work. Once things are running smooth i will switch over to cloth dipers.
IUI #1 = BFP but ended in the loss of our boy Carter
12 failed IUIs followed
After TTC baby #2 for 3 years....
We are happily ADOPTING our rainbow baby.
Read my story here it is part of a campaign I was asked to Join...
March 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm in my ideal world I would use cloth and disposable if I needed to but Im not the most organised of people so probably end up using disposable. need to do more research tho!
March 13th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would love to use cloth, but I'll probably continue working once we have a baby and I can't imagine cleaning cloth diapers when I'll want to spend my extra time with the baby.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
EVY&EGYsMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Both for me.

At first(maybe a month tops) i am going to use disposable. I am sure i will be worn out at first with a new baby and all. I also want to come up with a good routine before i start using cloth dipers because they are alot of work. Once things are running smooth i will switch over to cloth dipers.[/b]

Me too!!! I want cloth but with a new born I know I may need some disposable at first to get the hang of things. Also- disposable when out and about

March 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM
JessicaRae's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I hadn't thought about it until just now! I will probably use both though.

March 13th, 2008, 06:07 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking along the same lines as Jamie. We just don't want to add too much extra work for ourselves in the very beginning. Plus. I'm not sure how my in-laws would do with the cloth diapers! LOL

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

March 13th, 2008, 06:13 PM
*Michelle*
I will most likely be using cloth from the get go.

I personally couldn't start with disposables, and then actually transition to cloth. Disposables are so quick, so easy, and you will just have less and less time as the baby gets older and is awake more/asleep less. For me, if I start with disposables, I will probably stick with them. Maybe you ladies aren't as complacent as me though. Once someone gives me the easy and convenient way, I am not likely to budge from it
March 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Carmela's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will probably end up using both. DH and I both want to use cloth at home, but I am sure the baby will be in day care some and I don't know how they will do with cloth diapers there as well. So cloth for home or with us, disposable with someone else keeping baby. At least that is the plan for now. We will see when the time comes, we may change our mind.

March 13th, 2008, 06:51 PM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
Carmen, in most daycares, they do not mind if you use cloth diapers. Of course, each daycare has its own rules, but you would pack it just as you would pack sposies to take to the daycare, along with a wetbag that they put the soiled nappies in, so you can take them home & wash 'em!

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

March 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
We're going the disposable route I think.... my mother did the cloth with my youngest siblings, the very old fashioned way with pins and plastic over the top... I know they have more modern cloth diapers and when I asked my mother about them she said that they leaked at seams and around the velcro. However her method didn't seem to keep them leak free either. Anywhoo... just from my own experience, I think that disposables will keep my baby drier and less prone to diaper rash. That is why I will probably be using disposables.

March 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not real sure here!! I don't think that I would do well with cloth, but I may do a test run with them.

March 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Jennifer-in-Italy
Both. We'll start with sposies and transition to cloth.
March 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Both.. I'm gonna test both and see which one is the most effective way. I don't mind the laundry but the idea of putting soiled cloth in laundry makes me vomit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search