I need to complain a little..... warning... I am whining :( LOL....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 06:29 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So last night I spent 5 1/2 hours at triage I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment on Friday, but I called yesterday because my hips are excrutiating to the point where I can hardly walk at all, let alone move around. That and I swear I have been leaking. But the pain is what is getting to me the most. So I called my doctor and went in yesterday afternoon. He accidentally checked me for dialation before he did the litmus test to see if I have ruptured, so all we knew then was that I was 3cm, thick, and that I was in pain. So he sent me to triage.

Triage was packed, I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour just to get a room to be seen. And apparently they were so rushed that a nurse did my speculum exam and I swear she cut me with that thing. I jumped up and she took it out and said, well I don't think your water is broken, the litmus paper looks ok and since you can't sit still while I am doing the speculum I guess I can't do it properly. And then she walked out. Well, apparently my BP was up real high too while I was there, though they didn't tell me until they came to take blood, though they never hooked me up to a BP ciff while I was sitting in the exam room for hours so I don't know why they acted so concerned if they weren't going to monitor it.

Anyway... the doctor came in and checked me and I was 4cm now, and she said my bloodwork was good and that I was going home. I asked her about the pain and she said "well, I think you are just being a baby, suck it up and just stay off your feet". My jaw dropped and I was like.."what!" and DH asked about the dialation because I was only a 3 that afternoon and when this Dr checked me I was a 4. She said that women walk around at 5-6cm and that it would be fine. So I got dressed and we left.

Now, I don't think I am in labor as I am certainly not having regular contractions, but I am concerned about this hip pain. My Dr. says it is completely normal, but it feels like my hips are breaking every time I move. Tylenol doesn't touch the pain, and just moving positions feels excrutiating. I think it might be SPD, but when I mentioned it to my Dr he said he didn't think that was what it was. No one can tell me why my hips feel like this. It isn't normal hip pain because I have had that before, this is FAR different. It takes me almost 5 minutes to go up 8 steps in my house because opening my legs up to walk up the stairs debilitates me.

I guess there is no point to this except to complain, and I know most of you have stated that pregnancy complaints are annoying lol... and I agree. But I feel better complaining here rather than my DDC because... well I don't really want to hear about some crazy thing someone read on the internets and that it could be that if that makes sense.
January 6th, 2010, 07:30 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
Gotta love when doctors have no bedside manner.

It IS normal, though, but he should have said it a little nicer. Hopefully that means the babe is coming soon!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
January 6th, 2010, 09:36 AM
irishxrose
I agree with Beth. And I cannot believe how those nurses and doctors treated you! How rude! I would have said some not so nice things if a doctor treated me like that. But I'm kind of mean like that... LOL. Still, they should have been nicer to you. The hip pain is normal, but if it gets really bad (like you can't walk), I'd let your doctor now how bad it's affecting you. Hopefully he's a bit nicer next time!
January 6th, 2010, 10:02 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I had no idea hip pain that bad was normal. I got mega lucky!

I'd be so ticked at that doctor. Can you just say screw you and go to another hospital when you go into labor? They all sound like a bunch of jerks!

January 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
I have had horrible hip pains from 8/9 weeks pregnant (still here and DD is two years)
during my pregnany i ended up on bedrest because I could simply not walk, i was walking around with crunches a lot of the pain too...
so i can completely sympathy.. it is just awful and to be told you are acting like a baby is so hurtful when you just want to be able to move without killer pain...

Sorry you had to deal with those morons *hugs*

January 7th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Some people are so inconsiderate
I agree it's normal and probably the baby touching a nerve or in an odd position.

January 7th, 2010, 01:12 PM
aussiemummy
Wow...I can't believe they told you to quit being a baby and suck it up. I would put in a complaint about them.

And to complain about you not laying still...maybe if she wasn't so rough you'd be able to lay still.

The hip pain is normal I had it really bad both pregnancies. To the point where I couldn't hardly walk without crying. It's the worst.

I hope the baby comes today!
January 7th, 2010, 06:38 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Popping in from our DDC to tell you about crazy things I read on the internet that it could be... haha kidding

Seriously though... I can't believe the lack of bedside manner! WOW! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. That's awesome you're making some great dilation progress without having regular contractions!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search