Gross!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2010, 10:19 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I took dd to the bathroom while we were grocery shopping today, and the person in front of us did not wash her hands. I know logically it must happen, otherwise why would they post the signs for employees, but really? You don't feel it is necessary to wash your hands after that? Ew!

January 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I hate hate hate that!

I don't keep my mouth shut either. I kindly point out the soap, sink and hand dryers to anyone who forgets.

ETA: I do remember someone saying something about a soap allergy before though. I don't mean to offend anyone of that nature but really SOME sanitization of your hands should be done prior to exiting the restroom.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 6th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My SO actually got a severe infection from a former roommate who didnt wash his hands. A couple other friends were affected as well. He told me about the long term affects of it, that being death. It attacks your stomach and the patient needs extreme antibiotics on an very very strict schedule to get rid of it. Im not going to type out everything he said about it, and how they do the tests for diagnosing. Basically, the patient has to be strapped to a table cause the needle used is extremely painful. He told me about the treatment and I pray I never get it. He said the dr told him its from not washing your hands after using the bathroom. Scary stuff. Its rare, but very possible.

Helicobacter pylori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

January 6th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Grooooss...

I hate seeing that
I was in the school bathroom one day trying to fix my contact lenses (blech) and while standing there i think atleast 7 out of almost 9 didn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom! So disgusting..

(just for the record, i go to a bit of a special school atm to get my exam- most the others are foreigners from other places of the world, from poland to china to Afghanistan etc)

January 6th, 2010, 12:13 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I HATE PUBLIC RESTROOMS.....and my son ALWAYS has to go when we're out. ff to puke now:

January 6th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A former co worker of mine told me she only uses three squares of toilet paper. I was like, ewww thats so gross. She said, I wash my hands afterwards, I was like still, ewwww

January 6th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im a compulsive hand washer. It gives me the eebie jeebies to wash my hands in public but I still do it, I just usually dry my hands on myself, lol.

But I wash my hands so many times its probably borderline OCD status. Especially from coming in from outside, I can just slip outside just to grab groceries and I will still have to wash my hands when I get in. I have to wash after using lotion (cant stand most lotion on hands). During the Summer it's really insane how much I wash my hands.

Its really bad to wash your hands that much with antibacterial stuff, but its better than nothing, ew, lol.
January 6th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Honestly the situation reminded me of the debate about peeing in the shower, but I didn't think there would be anyone who thought that it was a good idea to warrant a new debate.

January 6th, 2010, 09:31 PM
**Badfish**'s Avatar Worth Saving
This was a debate on another board, and it ended up being pretty hilarious. A lot of people had examples of why they would need to go into a bathroom stall for another reason than actually using it. I've gone into one to fix my bra strap before (I had to unbutton my shirt to get to it). I can't remember if I washed my hands after, but I'm guessing I probably just tried to get out of there without actually touching anything.

January 6th, 2010, 10:10 PM
irishxrose
I don't always wash my hands. Yes, I said it.

Honestly, germs aren't ALL bad - you take away germs, you take away the benefit to your immune system and the ability to strengthen said immune system. Just sayin'. That said, I usually wash my hands but I don't freak out if I don't, KWIM?

Maybe I'm just weird.

Oh and I have really dry skin, like REALLY dry. If I wash my hands too often, they crack and bleed and just hurt. So you have to consider that too.
January 6th, 2010, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxrose View Post

Honestly, germs aren't ALL bad - you take away germs, you take away the benefit to your immune system and the ability to strengthen said immune system. Just sayin'. That said, I usually wash my hands but I don't freak out if I don't, KWIM?

Maybe I'm just weird.

Oh and I have really dry skin, like REALLY dry. If I wash my hands too often, they crack and bleed and just hurt. So you have to consider that too.
My boyfriend used to bug me all the time telling me that I was killing germs needed to keep my immune system healthy. He finally stopped once he realized that I'll never stop washing my hands I have gotten better but I am still pretty OCD about it.
January 7th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
I rarely wash my hands in the bathroom.. cause then I have to touch the door to get out and EW. I have hand sanitizer clipped on to my bag that I use when I get back to my cart.. I just dont touch my face or anything til then! People probably think Im gross but, Oh well! Im nicely sanitized! My daughter already asks "Do you have your 'santinizer' in your purse?" ..and holds her hands out away from her til she gets it.
January 7th, 2010, 12:41 PM
aussiemummy
I wash my hands every single time. I wipe my stuff and what if I get pee on my hands then touch my kids? EW!

I HATE public restrooms. Feels like a waste to wash your hands because then you have to touch the faucet to turn it off and then touch the door. All those germs creep me out.
January 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Yucky. But I try to realize some people use sanitizer from the purse and stuff...

January 7th, 2010, 03:51 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess is Write View Post
This was a debate on another board, and it ended up being pretty hilarious. A lot of people had examples of why they would need to go into a bathroom stall for another reason than actually using it. I've gone into one to fix my bra strap before (I had to unbutton my shirt to get to it). I can't remember if I washed my hands after, but I'm guessing I probably just tried to get out of there without actually touching anything.
I probably would have washed my hands anyway just so people didn't think I was 'that girl'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishxrose View Post

Maybe I'm just weird.

I have pretty dry skin too. The second the weather turns cool my fingers crack and my hands go REALLY dry. No matter what lotion I use there is no help (I never went to a doctor for it though). Still I was my hands A LOT and always after using the potty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2IrishTwins View Post
I rarely wash my hands in the bathroom.. cause then I have to touch the door to get out and EW. I have hand sanitizer clipped on to my bag that I use when I get back to my cart.. I just dont touch my face or anything til then! People probably think Im gross but, Oh well! Im nicely sanitized! My daughter already asks "Do you have your 'santinizer' in your purse?" ..and holds her hands out away from her til she gets it.
How is that any better? Aren't you then contributing to the contamination of the bathrooms you use there by exposing the people who DO wash their hands in the bathroom and then have to open the door to your pee/poo germs?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
January 7th, 2010, 04:18 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
My SO sent this article to me earlier... makes me want to barf. On the plus side, we so very rarely eat fast food that it's not much of an issue here.

Thirsty? Bacteria linked to feces found on soda fountains | abcactionnews.com

January 7th, 2010, 08:29 PM
The woman did flush the toilet. I guess if she just peed that's not so bad (assuming she doesn't have some kind of weeping STD) but can you imagine if she took a deuce and didn't wash???

Quote:
I HATE public restrooms. Feels like a waste to wash your hands because then you have to touch the faucet to turn it off and then touch the door. All those germs creep me out.
Now, see, that's why I flush with my foot, turn the faucet off with a paper towel and open the doors with the same paper towel. If they only have the air dryer I will turn the faucet off with my elbow and open the door with my left pinky finger.

January 7th, 2010, 08:35 PM
aussiemummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMichelle View Post
The woman did flush the toilet. I guess if she just peed that's not so bad (assuming she doesn't have some kind of weeping STD) but can you imagine if she took a deuce and didn't wash???

Now, see, that's why I flush with my foot, turn the faucet off with a paper towel and open the doors with the same paper towel. If they only have the air dryer I will turn the faucet off with my elbow and open the door with my left pinky finger.
LOL I'm stealing this. I'm going to flush with my foot too from now on and use the paper towels. Good idea!!!!!
January 9th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
How is that any better? Aren't you then contributing to the contamination of the bathrooms you use there by exposing the people who DO wash their hands in the bathroom and then have to open the door to your pee/poo germs?
Seriously doubtful. The MAJORITY of those I see wash their hands in the bathrooms just turn on the water, stick their hands under it.. and shake them off. A few use soap.. but Im not sure Ive ever witnessed anyone wash for the full 20 seconds that is recommended. Chances are, the door is about as nasty as it can get whether I touch it or not. I rarely use public restrooms since I live about 5 min from anywhere I need to go (unless we are traveling).. so rest assured, my "poo germs" are not on any public restroom doors. My daughter uses the restroom.. I open the door, and sanitize both of us.

Do you use tissue to open stall doors? If not, do you then sit on your nicely lined toilet seat, then get your toilet paper around that hand that you just opened the stall door with, and use it? Im thinking those stall doors are far nastier than the main bathroom door considering most stalls do not have sinks.. so one wouldnt be able to wash between pottying and touching the door..
January 9th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't know about anyone else... but personally I don't wipe my @ s s with my hands

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search