Who said it?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Posting this now because I probably won't have time in the morning. Below is a list of fourteen quotes. Here are the fourteen people who said them:

AMDG
BonitaAppleBomb
brui77
foxfire_ga79
frgsonmysox
glasscandie
Keskes
KimberlyD0
Jess is Write
*Jillian*
Lash
melkissa2004
Tammyjh
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)

And here are the quotes:

1. Why should it cover elective c-sections if they aren't medically necessary? Aren't c-sections significantly expensive compared to a successful induction or vaginal birth? I don't really care if someone has an elective c-section, but if it will raise rates or cost the insurance company more money... then why should they cover it?

2. My son doesn't watch any TV without me, but I don't feel the need to have adult jokes slipped into Sid the Science Kid or SuperWhy (the only two shows he really watches) because I understand that those shows likely aren't written under the assumption that most parents are going to be watching with their kids.

3. If insurance companies worked directly with individuals, then it would make logical sense for them to charge very high premiums to overweight people, people with pre-existing conditions, to WOMEN (since they're more likely to require maternity care), etc. -- just like car insurance companies charge higher rates to people with poor driving records and to teenage drivers in the status quo.

4. This topic means a lot to me because of HOW people voice their opinions. I'm the same about BF. There are somethings that no one has the right to judge someone else one. Whenever terms like "stupid" or "selfish" are thrown out there, as they always are with sections, its not a debate its a blast of people who do things differently.

5. This guy didn't rape his wife. It was wrong for him to threaten the child that way, very wrong, but a threat and actually doing something are not the same thing. The last time I checked we didn't send people to jail for threats. I think the punishment is appropriate. He needs help, let him get help.

6. Yes, he should be responsible for a portion of housing and I'm not sure exactly what the % is but sometimes its necessary to compromise. Meaning, we can't always get what we "want" but sometimes have to settle for whats "needed" from dad and then somehow try to make up the rest on our own.

7. I don't think making people buy their own alcohol is tacky. Usually that money doesn't go to fund the wedding though. I would say that asking your wedding guests to help fund your wedding would be pretty tacky. Weddings are only expensive if you want them to be.

8. I was trying to say that I agree with Cdn's allowing AWOL American troops in to Canada, just as I agree with the US allowing this family from Germany. I think it's comparable because even though some people think an American soldier is wrong doesn't mean in the eyes of others he/she is just as this family is looked at as wrong in the eyes of German gov't.

9. Live your life and have the family you want. If your ability to parent is hindered, make sure you have the support of your husband and family. Even a woman that's completely able bodied and sound minded isn't expected to do 100% of the parenting herself so why should someone with a handicap be judged to a higher level?

10. It isn't good to be colorblind. In fact, it can be harmful because children need to learn that we look different, but we can accomplish the same goals. They need to be aware that people of color have had to overcome a great deal of racism and adversity to achieve the things they have today.

11. Love, affection, attention etc etc IS a basic need for children and babies and so if all you do is feed you child and make sure diapers are changed that is neglect and any child would suffer long term damage from that.

12. I think it's sad that you have to pay students to be responsible for their own future. The real lesson with this type of "incentive" is not learned imo: They can be paid if they make a passing score on this test, but do they realize that they will not be paid for EVERY success in their lives?

13. I think child seat belt laws should be in place, but not for adults. I'd wear mine regardless, but I always hate the gov't breathing down my neck about things that are none of their business.

14. If being all inclusive is important, then is it also important to teach sexual orientation, religious orientation and tons of other aspects of people in history. Should we also include sidebars indicating who was bisexual, homosexual, heterosexual? Should we know how many christians vs muslim vs catholics that died at the Alamo?

Please PM me your guesses as to who said which quote. I'll PM you back telling you which ones you got wrong (if any). You can keep guessing as many times as you want. Also, anyone can play, even if you didn't sign up in the original thread. The person who gets the most right will get a special blinkie made to show off with. Have fun!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 12th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't even know which quote is mine
I'll think about it for a while and then pm you my guesses

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
June 12th, 2010, 08:51 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
haha.. I don't know which one is mine either.
June 12th, 2010, 10:12 AM
foxfire_ga79
I think I know which one's mine, but none of the others. lol
June 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I think I have mine narrowed down but I'm not sure and I'm definitely not sure on anyone elses.

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
June 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
IAmMomMomIAm
I sent in a guess, and guessed myself wrong, lol.
June 12th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh heck, I don't know! I have a few guesses but I'm sure they're not right, lol.

Lisa

June 12th, 2010, 01:56 PM
I only got 2 right. Back to the drawing board for me

June 12th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I think we may have a winner! One person got 100%, but it took her three tries, so if anyone can get it in fewer tries then the prize goes to you!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I didn't know we could do it more than once!!

June 12th, 2010, 09:00 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Oh geez - this is hard. I'm just seeing this now but I'm not sure on many of them. You picked some hard quotes!
June 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Keep the guesses coming, ladies! Let's give Kes (the current front-runner) a run for her money!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
June 13th, 2010, 10:02 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
But I never win ANYTHING!!

June 13th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to melkissa2004 Send a message via Yahoo to melkissa2004
Wow that's HARD

June 18th, 2010, 11:31 AM
glasscandie's Avatar What I make is what I am
Send a message via AIM to glasscandie Send a message via Yahoo to glasscandie
Darnit, someone post the answers! I'm pretty sure I know my own quote, but am clueless on the rest!
June 18th, 2010, 01:04 PM
JustJodes's Avatar Valar Morghulis
If Kes wins, can you give her some eggplant/pineapple/castor oil pie or something along those lines?

'Not today.'”

June 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
That sounds.... um... delicious... yeah. Totally!

You guys can PM me if you still want to guess, or I can just post the answers.
June 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
post! post! post!
June 18th, 2010, 02:14 PM
IAmMomMomIAm
--------------------> ANSWERS BELOW, DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANNA <--------------------

1. Melissa (Melkissa2004)
2. Jess (Jess is Write)
3. Molly (brui77)
4. Kimberly (KimberlyD0)
5. Beth (frgsonmysox)
6. Tammy (Tammyjh)
7. Kes (Keskes)
8. Michelle ((.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.))
9. Rebecca (foxfire_ga79)
10. Jillian (*Jillian*)
11. Margaret (AMDG)
12. Carla (BonitaAppleBomb)