Log In Sign Up

For Carla


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To General Chat LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
August 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
I wanted to share this with you.
Login | Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #2  
August 7th, 2010, 08:54 PM
foxfire_ga79
Guest
Posts: n/a
Dunno where Carla is or why she hasn't replied yet, but I think she'll love that vid. I'm all sniffly and teary eyed now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
August 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Man I loved it enough to have the ugly cry and I'm totally not into the God and Bible references! LOL!

(I'm glad you liked it too Rebecca!)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
August 7th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,683
That video doesn't show how much security was holding back the dad too. They fight him at the beginning AND again later as they are nearing the end and he has to keep telling them to get away.
YouTube - ‪'Perseverance' Derek Redmond‬‎
__________________
"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannon’s mom". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog: Jump Over The Rainbow

Reply With Quote
  #5  
August 7th, 2010, 09:15 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: G.R.I.T.S.~Girl Raised In The South
Posts: 10,125
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
Thanks Michelle. You should have known that I'd be crying 30 seconds into the video. Sorry it took me forever to make it over here... And thanks Lauren for the extended version too! Off to watch and cry again...I love it!

ETA: The video actually had a hidden message in it for me. I have been struggling with the idea of something for the past 2 weeks and watching it just cleared my mind for me.
Thanks again ladies!
__________________


Last edited by BonitaAppleBomb; August 7th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
August 7th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,683
I think the parent in you will love the fight he puts up for his son!
__________________
"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannon’s mom". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog: Jump Over The Rainbow

Reply With Quote
  #7  
August 7th, 2010, 09:25 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: G.R.I.T.S.~Girl Raised In The South
Posts: 10,125
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
I think the parent in you will love the fight he puts up for his son!
I totally agree! It really shows the depth of love that a parent has for his child and it doesn't matter the age of the child.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
August 7th, 2010, 09:35 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
That video doesn't show how much security was holding back the dad too. They fight him at the beginning AND again later as they are nearing the end and he has to keep telling them to get away.
YouTube - ‪'Perseverance' Derek Redmond‬‎
That's awesome! TFS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
ETA: The video actually had a hidden message in it for me. I have been struggling with the idea of something for the past 2 weeks and watching it just cleared my mind for me.
Thanks again ladies!
Really?!?! That's freaking awesome to read!

Carla, I don't believe in a Christian God like you do. However, when I watched that one, I just had something in my heart that made me think of you. That's so weird because we aren't really even close friends. I guess my point is I believe there was a reason I was supposed to show it to you, even if I didn't understand why. I kinda thought it was because I felt like you were emotional open today so this would resonate with you. It's really cool how the Universe/God/Earth/Whatever works together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
I totally agree! It really shows the depth of love that a parent has for his child and it doesn't matter the age of the child.


I love having a discussion like this with you girls. Thank you all! It fills my soul.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
August 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: G.R.I.T.S.~Girl Raised In The South
Posts: 10,125
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
That's awesome! TFS!


Really?!?! That's freaking awesome to read!

Carla, I don't believe in a Christian God like you do. However, when I watched that one, I just had something in my heart that made me think of you. That's so weird because we aren't really even close friends. I guess my point is I believe there was a reason I was supposed to show it to you, even if I didn't understand why. I kinda thought it was because I felt like you were emotional open today so this would resonate with you. It's really cool how the Universe/God/Earth/Whatever works together!




I love having a discussion like this with you girls. Thank you all! It fills my soul.
Yep, really! I don't know how you sensed it, but you were so on point with this. Are you psychic? If so, then that makes two of you now, Rebecca being the other person I questioned about being a psychic! But that video just helped me to get through something that had been wading aimlessly through my mind for two weeks... no. joke. So thank you! And so did Lauren's clip which showed the clips of the father fighting for his child. Powerful...

ETA: And I think we've made great strides in our friendship...considering how shaky it was in the beginning. I totally get you now! Now if I can just get Lauren to realize I'm not the raging ****** that I've portrayed all of these months....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
August 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
Yep, really! I don't know how you sensed it, but you were so on point with this. Are you psychic? If so, then that makes two of you now, Rebecca being the other person I questioned about being a psychic! But that video just helped me to get through something that had been wading aimlessly through my mind for two weeks... no. joke. So thank you! And so did Lauren's clip which showed the clips of the father fighting for his child. Powerful...
That's awesome, awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
ETA: And I think we've made great strides in our friendship...considering how shaky it was in the beginning. I totally get you now!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
Now if I can just get Lauren to realize I'm not the raging ****** that I've portrayed all of these months....
Carla, for the record, I think I said the same thing just a couple of weeks ago. To be fair, it was in reference to that crazy time on the political boards. I just want you to know I think you're a really cool cat and I do appreciate getting to know you better and better.


Now, how about those caption threads? ((off to make a new one))
Reply With Quote
  #11  
August 7th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonitaAppleBomb View Post
Yep, really! I don't know how you sensed it, but you were so on point with this. Are you psychic? If so, then that makes two of you now, Rebecca being the other person I questioned about being a psychic! But that video just helped me to get through something that had been wading aimlessly through my mind for two weeks... no. joke. So thank you! And so did Lauren's clip which showed the clips of the father fighting for his child. Powerful...

ETA: And I think we've made great strides in our friendship...considering how shaky it was in the beginning. I totally get you now! Now if I can just get Lauren to realize I'm not the raging ****** that I've portrayed all of these months....
BAHHAHA maybe we can both agree to see the good in each OTHER!? I didn't participate in the political debates either so I at least don't have any of that history with any of ya'll. I love, that given time, every single one of us seems to find a way to connect. And I think we probably did already!
__________________
"I will make it through this because it is for her and for her, I will do anything. I am not brave, I am not strong, I am just Rhiannon’s mom". Our TTC/Adoption/Pregnancy Blog: Jump Over The Rainbow

Reply With Quote
  #12  
August 7th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by (.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.) View Post
Man I loved it enough to have the ugly cry and I'm totally not into the God and Bible references! LOL!

(I'm glad you liked it too Rebecca!)
I cried too. I knew that song, so I knew it was going to get religious. But it the story itself was really touching.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
August 7th, 2010, 11:04 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadydid View Post
I cried too. I knew that song, so I knew it was going to get religious. But it the story itself was really touching.
I know!! I just found it so uplifting too. (See, I think that's our atheist, yet spiritual connection.)
Reply With Quote
  #14  
August 8th, 2010, 05:26 AM
Tammyjh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: North
Posts: 7,824

That was an awesome video. There's just something about father/children videos that melt my heart, and it doesn't matter if their children are babies or grown ups or somewhere in between. When you see a father's love like that, it give me goosebumps.
Thanks for sharing that.
__________________
Tammy, Mom to
Abby (19), Kacie (13), Chase (11), & Jacob (7)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!" ~ Bobby ~ Supernatural
Reply With Quote
  #15  
August 8th, 2010, 06:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,258
You're never too old for a parent's love. That video touched my heart. Thanks for sharing it.
__________________
Lauren




Reply With Quote
  #16  
August 8th, 2010, 04:21 PM
BonitaAppleBomb's Avatar ~African-American-Mommy~
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: G.R.I.T.S.~Girl Raised In The South
Posts: 10,125
Send a message via Yahoo to BonitaAppleBomb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
BAHHAHA maybe we can both agree to see the good in each OTHER!? I didn't participate in the political debates either so I at least don't have any of that history with any of ya'll. I love, that given time, every single one of us seems to find a way to connect. And I think we probably did already!
Agreed! I would love to do that. Let me start by saying I apologize for any time I offended you.... Because I'm more than certain that I have at some point. Now, I think you were the last one that I had issues with.... I think...unless someone else wants to make themselves known.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
August 8th, 2010, 04:29 PM
KrazE's Avatar ShutTheFrontDoor
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,546


__________________
~~~~~~~~~~

Reply With Quote
  #18  
August 8th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Undomesticated Housewife's Avatar Master(de)bater
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Warner Robins, Georgia
Posts: 1,622
Boooo.. I just cried like a baby. Then got really snippy when my dead-inside husband (my own personal Edward) didn't get teary. The story on its own could have gotten me, but coupled with a song that often already gets me teary.. there was no hope for a dry eye.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
August 8th, 2010, 05:17 PM
foxfire_ga79
Guest
Posts: n/a
That song is very special to me. I was close friends with someone that I wanted to date but couldn't be with long term, at a very bad time in my life when I swore I would never be in love again. He said I would, and that he would sing at my wedding when I did. I laughed it off. In less than a year, that's the song he was singing at my wedding!
I'd never heard it before, I'd never planned a wedding before (my first one was kinda shot gun) and he asked what I wanted him to sing but I didn't know what kind of songs were supposed to be sung at a wedding. But he'd sang at lots of weddings before, and he said You Raise Me Up was getting popular.
So it really means a lot to me, he raised me up and helped me get back on my feet.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
August 8th, 2010, 08:31 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
That song is very special to me. I was close friends with someone that I wanted to date but couldn't be with long term, at a very bad time in my life when I swore I would never be in love again. He said I would, and that he would sing at my wedding when I did. I laughed it off. In less than a year, that's the song he was singing at my wedding!
I'd never heard it before, I'd never planned a wedding before (my first one was kinda shot gun) and he asked what I wanted him to sing but I didn't know what kind of songs were supposed to be sung at a wedding. But he'd sang at lots of weddings before, and he said You Raise Me Up was getting popular.
So it really means a lot to me, he raised me up and helped me get back on my feet.


and I these replies!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0